If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New projector

Options
  • 19-11-2018 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I see you have a OPTOMA H183X (display) up on the website. How would this stack up against my old 141x?
    I'm a little concerned about going Optoma again as my 141x's bulb exploded and after multiple attempts at trying to contact them I have been unsuccessful. I sent it to a local electronics store who advised that the motherboard is fried. Pretty unhappy with Optoma thus far. Not sure I would be willing to she'll out 500 plus again after this poor experience but I might be willing to take a chance on your 183x seeing as it's reduced in price. How many hours on the bulb and can I take out the 6 year warranty on this projector??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MRTULES wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I see you have a OPTOMA H183X (display) up on the website. How would this stack up against my old 141x?
    I'm a little concerned about going Optoma again as my 141x's bulb exploded and after multiple attempts at trying to contact them I have been unsuccessful. I sent it to a local electronics store who advised that the motherboard is fried. Pretty unhappy with Optoma thus far. Not sure I would be willing to she'll out 500 plus again after this poor experience but I might be willing to take a chance on your 183x seeing as it's reduced in price. How many  hours on the bulb and can I take out the 6 year warranty on this projector??

Thanks in advance
    Hi Mrtules.

Sorry to hear of the issues you had with your 141X.

Was it purchased from ourselves? Bulbs are not covered by warranty or our 6 year guarantee but if it was still within warranty a fried board would have been a repair.

The H183 would perform a little better than the 141X you currently own.

I'm not sure how many hours on the Bulb unfortunately. I'll see if we can get time to check this for you but its very very busy here at the store with the run up to Black Friday in full swing.

6 year guarantee can be purchased on the Clearance 183X but as i mentioned above the guarantee does not cover the bulb.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Hi Mrtules.

Was it purchased from ourselves? Bulbs are not covered by warranty or our 6 year guarantee but if it was still within warranty a fried board would have been a repair.

I'm not sure how many hours on the Bulb unfortunately. I'll see if we can get time to check this for you but its very very busy here at the store with the run up to Black Friday in full swing.

6 year guarantee can be purchased on the Clearance 183X but as i mentioned above the guarantee does not cover the bulb.

Thanks as always for the quick response. No it was not purchase from your good selves. Understand your our the door so no rush on getting the bulb hours. I do note two draw backs compared to my last projector though. Only 2w speaker vs 10w and not 1080p either which will probably rule this one out for me (let me know if this is incorrect). I'll keep an eye on your other deals over the coming days.

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MRTULES wrote: »
    Hi Mrtules.

Thanks as always for the quick response. No it was not purchase from your good selves. Understand your our the door so no rush on getting the bulb hours. I do note two draw backs compared to my last projector though. Only 2w speaker vs 10w and not 1080p either which will probably rule this one out for me (let me know if this is incorrect). I'll keep an eye on your other deals over the coming days.

Thanks again
    Hey MRTules.

Should have double checked myself on that, yeah the 183X is only HD ready. I had actually forgot this as it still produces a very good image anything we had used it for a demo.

There are the new 143X priced at £379.00 - Comes with our 6 year guarantee free of charge.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203243-optoma-hd143x-3d-dlp-projector-1080p-hd-ready.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.