Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ransomes T51D/951D Batwing Mower, losing power under Load

Options
  • 19-11-2018 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi

I have a query about an issue i am having with a Ransomes T51D/951D Batwing Mower with a 51HP Kubota diesel engine.

its has full-time-4-wheel hydrostatic drive, (2-wheel for transport), 15 cu.in front wheel motors, 12 cu.in rear wheel motors and then cross-flow parallel drive differential lock. The cutting decks on this models are also driven by hydraulic motors.

There is a fuel pump in this model but it appears to be generally ok.

The mower cuts grass fine on flat going or going down a hill but going up against a hill, the engine comes under heavy load and power drops until i stop and then the engine will regain power again.

New fuel filters (pre filter and main) were fitted, checked that diesel cap valve was clean, checked that there are no fuel leaks etc, cleaned out air filter. The mower starts very easily and engine runs smooth.

Bit of a head scratcher this one, so any suggestions welcome from anyone that might have experience with these mowers.

Would issue be likely to be diesel related or Hydraulics related?

Thanks
    Soulman

Advertisement