Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mamas and Papas Flip XT2 pushchair

• 19-11-2018 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Shopping for pushchair for our newborn which is due in March and went around to usual shops yesterday. its ma minefield out there with so many options !!!!

My wifes two main concerns when choosing a buggy was something light as she suffers a lot with backpain and with good suspension as we will be using it mainly on country roads.

Were leaning towards the mamas and papas Flip XT2 due to its lightweight and ease of folding which can be done with onehand and its not too bulky.

Doing a bit or research online and few people have mentioned that it doesnt have great suspension for off road/ rougher surfaces. Could anyone who has this buggy shed any light on how they find it on various surfaces?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Generally for off road/country walking you'd look for three wheels/big wheels/tyres rather than hard wheels.

We have the armadillo flip xt which I think is the precursor of the model you're looking at. Had it for 2 years of heavy use and it's great. Light, easy to fold, comfy, great at newborn stage and great with a toddler but we're urban dwellers and I'd have chosen differently if we were more rural.

Mountain buggy might be a good range to look at. Theyre light and more rugged.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have a look at the single out n about nipper.
    It is light,easy to fold and you can bring it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

We're looking at the same buggy (have a deposit down on it but that's refundable), due in May. I read the Which.co.uk review and it was one of their best buys. I find them quite good for giving a good overview of the product and where it did well in tests and where it didn't.

I liked it because it was light enough and easy to fold. Plus it folded small enough for the boot of my car.

Quote from the which review about off-road:
    "The chunkier wheels are meant to make going off-road easier, although they add weight to the overall pushchair, which can be felt when going up and down kerbs. The wheels are responsive though, and the handle is pretty comfortable to use."

It got 4 out of 5 for both rough ground and uneven surfaces.

Advertisement