If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KD49XF9005 + HT-ZF9 or MRW10

Options
  • 19-11-2018 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys,

any chance for a good deal on the Sony KD49XF9005 + HT-ZF9 combo or is it better to wait until black Friday and see what happens? As an alternative to the soundbar I still have 2 old Radius HD90, 1 Radius HD180 and Marantz NR1602 AVR but would need a not too expensive sub like the MRW10 preferably walnut but black would do. Your thoughts please? I believe the Monitor Audio combo would probably knock the bar out of its socks any day of the week but I'll miss out on the fake Atmos? I am open for suggestions. The setup is for my man cave, so mainly tv, XBOX and a bit of music. Room size is 4.2m x 2.7m, with TV and speakers in the middle of long side.

Delivery would be to Dublin.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

any chance for a good deal on the Sony KD49XF9005 + HT-ZF9 combo or is it better to wait until black Friday and see what happens? As an alternative to the soundbar I still have 2 old Radius HD90, 1 Radius HD180 and Marantz NR1602 AVR but would need a not too expensive sub like the MRW10 preferably walnut but black would do. Your thoughts please? I believe the Monitor Audio combo would probably knock the bar out of its socks any day of the week but I'll miss out on the fake Atmos? I am open for suggestions. The setup is for my man cave, so mainly tv, XBOX and a bit of music. Room size is 4.2m x 2.7m, with TV and speakers in the middle of long side.

Delivery would be to Dublin.
    Hi Justin Sane.

Thanks for the post.

The 9005 are a fantastic television and 5 star reviewed in What HiFi.
    There is currently a promo running on the 49XF9005 with the ZF9.

The 49XF9005 is currently priced at £999 and you can then get £100 off the ZF9 soundbar making their total £1398.00
    https://www.richersounds.com/sony-bravia-kd49xf9005bu-htzf9.html

The NR1602 setup while it would normally sound great and I would say go for it over a soundbar. However the NR1602 ha no 4k compatibility, so you could not connect a 4K player or other 4K source to it unless using optical and connecting the player etc straight into the TV and only use the NR1602 for sound.

I would rather go for the ZF9 as it totally up to date and also does sound very good with its speaker config, separate subwoofer and its functionality.
    Easy to setup with just one HDMI between it and the TV. Connect your sources to the TV and ARC will send the audio bar.

Now if you changed your amp to a NR1508 which we have to clear at £249 (Silver finish only) and you could add in a Radius 380. (I have on open box one I could offer at a bonkers £250).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12553-monitor-audio-radius-380-black-subwoofer.aspx
    Total £1498 and would knock the socks off the ZF9.

A lot of the Black Friday pricing has started early and we have no idea what will actually go into the sale on Friday or if there will be further price reduction on already reduced products.
    Our price promise will cover our customer in the event of any price changes.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Justin Sane

Hi Kenny,

I like the avr/sub combo a lot. Let's go for that. Could you throw in 6 banana plugs as well please.
    If you drop me a pm, we can get it sorted pretty quickly.
    Hi Justin Sane.

Thanks for the post.

The 49XF9005 is currently priced at £999 and you can then get £100 off the ZF9 soundbar making their total £1398.00

The NR1602 setup while it would normally sound great and I would say go for it over a soundbar. However the NR1602 ha no 4k compatibility, so you could not connect a 4K player or other 4K source to it unless using optical and connecting the player etc straight into the TV and only use the NR1602 for sound.

I would rather go for the ZF9 as it totally up to date and also does sound very good with its speaker config, separate subwoofer and its functionality.
    Easy to setup with just one HDMI between it and the TV. Connect your sources to the TV and ARC will send the audio bar.

Now if you changed your amp to a NR1508 which we have to clear at £249 (Silver finish only) and you could add in a Radius 380. (I have on open box one I could offer at a bonkers £250).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12553-monitor-audio-radius-380-black-subwoofer.aspx

A lot of the Black Friday pricing has started early and we have no idea what will actually go into the sale on Friday or if there will be further price reduction on already reduced products.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Kenny,

I like the avr/sub combo a lot. Let's go for that. Could you throw in 6 banana plugs as well please.
    If you drop me a pm, we can get it sorted pretty quickly.
    Hi Justin Sane.

Thanks for the post.

Hey Justin.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM we can get you sorted.

I could throw the 6 pairs of banana plugs in for free as they retail at £5.99 per pair. (We do not stock any cheaper versions).
    I could offer them at £2.75 per pair, giving £16.50 in total extra.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202337-cambridge-audio-4mm-banana-plugs-v2-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-per-pair.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.