Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vhi Dental plans to cover implant?

• 19-11-2018 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm hoping someone might advise me here. I'm currently on an antibiotic for infection at the root of a tooth, said tooth had fractured badly 5 years ago and is since filled.
    The dentist had suggested at that time I would eventually be looking at extraction & implant.
    He will review me again next week & looks like tooth will be extracted & I'll be referred to have the implant.
    In looking at vhi dental plans today I can see there's a 3 month waiting period for implant procedure. Has anyone had some percentage of implant treatment covered from a vhi dental plan?
    Any advise welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I was on to vhi today about something similiar and she mentioned dental waiting periods. While waiting time is typically 3 months from joining, if an initial consultation took place or work done before the joining date, the implant would not be covered at all. If u do find a dental plan, be sure to check this part

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodils30

I was on to vhi today about something similiar and she mentioned dental waiting periods. While waiting time is typically 3 months from joining, if an initial consultation took place or work done before the joining date, the implant would not be covered at all. If u do find a dental plan, be sure to check this part

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes I've decided not to take out the dental policy. I have one for one of my kids and its been great to cover dental fees for fissure sealants and filings and check ups

Advertisement