Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Quote

Options
  • 19-11-2018 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Just looking for opinions on a quote I received for the installation of an alarm. No existing wiring so all sensors are wireless. Awaiting other installers to get back to me and just want to know what the ballpark figure would be.

SPC 5000 Panel
    Keypad
    External Bell
    Internal Sounder
    14 window contacts
    3 door contacts
    7 PIR
    GSM digital communicator

€2290 + VAT

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A very good deal for all wireless.
    Are the the new 2 way devices though?
    I'd be insisting on those now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

KoolKid wrote: »
    A very good deal for all wireless.
    Are the the new 2 way devices though?
    I'd be insisting on those now.

Sorry but what do you mean by the new two way devices

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The newer Siemens Vanderbilt wireless portfolio uses 2 way wireless devices. The older ones are one way.
    The 2 way has much better range and battery life.

I'll have to find out, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Just looking for opinions on a quote I received for the installation of an alarm. No existing wiring so all sensors are wireless. Awaiting other installers to get back to me and just want to know what the ballpark figure would be.

SPC 5000 Panel
    Keypad
    External Bell
    Internal Sounder
    14 window contacts
    3 door contacts
    7 PIR
    GSM digital communicator

€2290 + VAT

Thanks

Just contacts on the windows?
    No shock sensors?

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Just contacts on the windows?
    No shock sensors?

Quote says contacts, are they two separate pieces or can they be a dual until, i must clarify that, when I was talking to him before he sent on the quote he said off the top of his head the window contacts were about €80 each, would that be the right price range

Quote says contacts, are they two separate pieces or can they be a dual until, i must clarify that, when I was talking to him before he sent on the quote he said off the top of his head the window contacts were about €80 each, would that be the right price range

Yes dual sensors.
    I would check with him as all contacts do is show the opening on the window. I'd be looking to have shock sensors included.

Yes dual sensors.
    I would check with him as all contacts do is show the opening on the window. I'd be looking to have shock sensors included.

Thanks I will, what type would you be expecting for €80 a unit

7 PIRs aswell?
    Might be an indication of why he has just quoted for contacts. Only thing with PIRs is they only activate if an intruder is in your house and in most cases PIRs are off to allow access around the home at night.

Thanks I will, what type would you be expecting for €80 a unit

Id recommend shopping around if that's what you have been quoted for a RF contact. A Dual sensor would usually cost from €65/€75 depending on supplier.

• Advertisement

Id recommend shopping around if that's what you have been quoted for a RF contact. A Dual sensor would usually cost from €65/€75 depending on supplier.

He maintains Siemens stopped doing dual sensors about a year ago 🀔

He maintains Siemens stopped doing dual sensors about a year ago ��

He is correct they dont. This does not mean RF Dual sensors cant be added to that system.

He is correct they dont. This does not mean RF Dual sensors cant be added to that system.

Any idea why they've stopped doing them

Any idea why they've stopped doing them

They stopped many years ago when they moved away from using visonic sensors.

There was talk back then of then reintroducing them but its come to nothing.
    Even with the release of the new 2 way devices this has drawn a blank.
    From a security point of view id rather see perimeter protection with the use of a shock sensor as a minimum. Relying on a motion is after the event.

He maintains Siemens stopped doing dual sensors about a year ago 🀔

He doesn't know what he is talking about. Shop around elsewhere would be my advice.
    Siemens never did shock sensors. In the early days of Europlex there was the option to use Visonic wireless sensors. That was a hell of a lot longer that a year ago.
    That would still be possible if you could get the Visonic receiver.
    Other than that Siemens Vanderbilt would not be an easy option.

Advertisement