Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Tax & Company accountant in Waterford

Options
  • 19-11-2018 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I am moving back to Ireland from the UK, and my present employer is happy for me to work remote, but they would need me to work as a contractor, and this involves setting up a limited company to invoice for my time.

Can anyone recommend a local accountant who can work through the details of setting up a company for this purpose?

Would prefer someone that I can meet face to face, rather than a large firm. Brexit will make things like invoicing, currency conversion and VAT a bit interesting, will need to lean on their advice a lot more than if I was keeping it all domestic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

sharingan wrote: »
    I am moving back to Ireland from the UK, and my present employer is happy for me to work remote, but they would need me to work as a contractor, and this involves setting up a limited company to invoice for my time.

Can anyone recommend a local accountant who can work through the details of setting up a company for this purpose?

Would prefer someone that I can meet face to face, rather than a large firm. Brexit will make things like invoicing, currency conversion and VAT a bit interesting, will need to lean on their advice a lot more than if I was keeping it all domestic.

Hi,

If you are going to be based in the city I'd recommend David Breen down in Maritana Gate beside the park.

If you are outside the city Comerford Foley in Tramore are excellent too.

You don't necessarily need to set up a company to invoice as a contractor. You can do that in your personal capacity and just do an income tax return each year.

You likely won't need to include VAT on your invoices to the UK assuming your employer is VAT registered there and you register in Ireland. Your accountant will explain a that though for you.

Hope you get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Thanks, appreciate the contacts.

I have done this before a few years ago in London, and it simpler all round if everything is all in the same jurisdiction.

Would prefer to incorporate though, I wont be getting tons of contracting money here, just a conversion of my current gross, and I am exposed to any drama post brexit, so would prefer to separate my invoicing affairs from my personal finances, and would like to have my back covered with good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

This is the latest and most reputable accountants for contractors like yourself in Ireland

I'd say give them a call

https://www.contractingplus.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

lassykk wrote: »
    Hi,

If you are going to be based in the city I'd recommend David Breen down in Maritana Gate beside the park.

If you are outside the city Comerford Foley in Tramore are excellent too.

You don't necessarily need to set up a company to invoice as a contractor. You can do that in your personal capacity and just do an income tax return each year.

You likely won't need to include VAT on your invoices to the UK assuming your employer is VAT registered there and you register in Ireland. Your accountant will explain a that though for you.

Hope you get sorted

Far better to have the limited liability of a Ltd company imho! Appreciate it has a cost however.

Op- I dropped you a pm with a recommendation.

Advertisement