Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pigsback black friday computer

• 19-11-2018 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently €689 down to €179 when you add in the €10 for postage

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/415636/jy-co-ltd

what are peoples opinions on this

any good? won't be used for to much, kids are starting to learn coderdojo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's worth 179 at most, nobody has ever or will ever pay 689.

I would be concerned that it may be running Windows 10 S which can only use apps from the Windows Store. Its slow and has virtually no storage, its basically a low-end Chromebook running Windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Wow. That is absolute garbage. Something that low spec would be barely usable. In no universe was that ever 689.

You see refurbs of old Lenovo T4xx series and stuff like that in several places for similar money.. they would be a much better bet.

Pigsback stuff is 99% ****e 100% of the time

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

247 bought this already! I'd say a big number of them will be quite disappointed when they fire it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Wow. That is absolute garbage. Something that low spec would be barely usable. In no universe was that ever 689.

You see refurbs of old Lenovo T4xx series and stuff like that in several places for similar money.. they would be a much better bet.

Agreed, do not buy this. That processor is from 2014. It was garbage then, it will not be usable for even basic web browsing now. It's also been quite a while since I saw a pc with 2gb ram. Budget phones start with that amount now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

2001 called and wants it's laptop back.

I'd rather buy a 10" tablet for similar money to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

thanks
    saved me a few quid ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Windows 10 updates will gobble up that 32gb storage pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

bazz26 wrote:
    2001 called and wants it's laptop back.

Think I had a better laptop than that in 2001. That's absolute garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Windows 10 updates will gobble up that 32gb storage pretty quickly.

I have a Lenovo with 32gb on board and it is a nightmare when a windows update comes through. Has to be done with two USB sticks. Literally unusable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Considering it's €179 it's grand in that you get exactly what you pay for. A laptop that will be painfully slow and more or less only suitable for single tab browsing, typing a word document or watching a video file....but might burst into flames trying to do all three at once.

It's not a rip-off nor is it a bargain. It just....is.

Advertisement