Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clean & restore Ford alloys, ideally in South Tipperary

Options
  • 20-11-2018 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get Ford Focus Alloys restored, ideally in South Tipperary.

They look horrendous, lacquer peeling away and white power type corrosion on all 4 rims.

I heard they can be sanded back and recoated?

Any advice welcome.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

These guys are near but I’ve never used them, I think another brother has a similar service in Limerick:

http://www.wheeldoctor.ie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get Ford Focus Alloys restored, ideally in South Tipperary.

They look horrendous, lacquer peeling away and white power type corrosion on all 4 rims.

I heard they can be sanded back and recoated?

Any advice welcome.

If they are structurally sound they can be refurbished to as new condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Western Seagull

That's brilliant,

Thanks for the Link and the advice.

They are structurally sound, no damage at all, I am told it is just a Ford Thing, poor quality lacquer finish and alloys in general.

I will give wheeldoctor a call and let ye know how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

All Ford alloys have an absolutely crap finish after a few years. Very dull and rough paint that never looks good again (unless refurbished). I don't know why it happens but I've never seen the same on any other cars.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've a set of near 40 year old alloys that still look great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement