Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tv flickering when turned on

• 20-11-2018 5:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

My TV flickers lines when the tv is turned on sometimes and also I noticed the picture is too bright while it's flickering.
    It keeps doing this for a few minutes and usually sorts itself out or if I turn off and on the tv it goes back to normal.
    Then the tv works fine for the rest of the night.
    I made a video of it on youtube.
    I thought someone might know what the problem could be and maybe I could see if I could fix it myself or if it's not worth fixing just put up with it or else buy a new TV.
    I've been using the tv since September 2007 just for playing games but it still works perfectly most of the time so I don't like throwing it out.
    I'd like to fix it myself if I could or see if it would be worth fixing.
    Note I've never opened a TV so if I did try to fix it I'd just have to use youtube to try and figure it out.
    Please help or advise if you can.
    Here's the video of the problem below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwjqeeI7pWI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

quinnd6 wrote: »
    My TV flickers lines when the tv is turned on sometimes and also I noticed the picture is too bright while it's flickering.
    It keeps doing this for a few minutes and usually sorts itself out or if I turn off and on the tv it goes back to normal.
    Then the tv works fine for the rest of the night.
    I made a video of it on youtube.
    I thought someone might know what the problem could be and maybe I could see if I could fix it myself or if it's not worth fixing just put up with it or else buy a new TV.
    I've been using the tv since September 2007 just for playing games but it still works perfectly most of the time so I don't like throwing it out.
    I'd like to fix it myself if I could or see if it would be worth fixing.
    Note I've never opened a TV so if I did try to fix it I'd just have to use youtube to try and figure it out.
    Please help or advise if you can.
    Here's the video of the problem below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwjqeeI7pWI

It could be the cable connecting to your console.

Does it happen even when viewing stuff like the TV settings pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭quinnd6

It flickers on the black screen when my Xbox 360 isn't even turned on and also if hdmi cable isn't even connected. It's not the cable. It wouldn't go back to normal after about 15 minutes of the TV being turned on if it was the cable.
    Something is going banjacksed in the TV.
    I suppose it could be the socket.
    I might try component when it happens and see if it's effected. I'll need HDMI when I'm playing my PS4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Sorry I think this is in the wrong forum. I'm going to ask same q in the consumer electronics hd display section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

My guess would be the TCON board is on the way out. If you google the model and "TCON" on ebay you often get them for sale. there are youtube videos on how to replace them.

Advertisement