Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto park family membership

Options
  • 20-11-2018 6:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of information.

A few months back I bought the Tayto park membership (with wristbands), at the time I knew the park was closed during the early few months of the year.

What I didn't know was that the larger rides are also closed during November and December.

Did anyone else know that this was happening ahead of time? As I'm disappointed for the kids who wanted to go on the rides on off peak when the queues were much smaller.

I'm in email contact with Tayto park who say that this information is clearly advertised, so I would like to see if anyone else was surprised to see the larger rides closed in November/December?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Smoggy wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of information.

A few months back I bought the Tayto park membership (with wristbands), at the time I knew the park was closed during the early few months of the year.

What I didn't know was that the larger rides are also closed during November and December.

Did anyone else know that this was happening ahead of time? As I'm disappointed for the kids who wanted to go on the rides on off peak when the queues were much smaller.

I'm in email contact with Tayto park who say that this information is clearly advertised, so I would like to see if anyone else was surprised to see the larger rides closed in November/December?

Had membership before but not with bands. I always knew that some rides closed in winter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

OP why do you think this is a parenting topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

OP why do you think this is a parenting topic?

Can you help me move it to a more appropriate location?

I thought parents would be more likely to have bought the family pass. I also found a related topic in this forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hi OP,

That's mainly because they were enquiring about something to do with a child, more so than an issue with not getting all the services you felt should be covered.

This might be something Consumer Issue's could advise on. But your correspondence with Tayto Park seems to suggest they've attempted to make the issue you have with Ride availability known in advance.

Moving to Consumer Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Just had a peek on their website.
    *Tayto Park Entry & Unlimited Attractions: This ticket includes your day entry to Tayto Park and unlimited use of all rides within the park, subject to opening hours. Please note that all rides are subject to minimum and maximum height restrictions. The wristband is non-transferable and only valid on the day of purchase. Some attractions are seasonal

so thats right where you purchse the tickets, and then under faq's
    When can i use my membership? are there any restrictions?
    You can use your Tayto Park membership on any day that Tayto Park is open.

Please Note :Special events are not included such as Santa/ Halloween Night/ School Tours/Concerts ect.

We are a seasonal park with seasonal opening times and activities. Tayto Park does not open for the full 12 months of a year and closes December 23rd and re opens at Easter break every year.

. In Off Peak season ( April - June & September to December ) some activities will not be available, and the entire Eagles Sky Adventue Zone will be closed during the winter months from November.

For more information , please contact info@taytopark.ie
    Do any Rides close throughout the year?
    All Rides and Activities are subject to opening hours and seasons.

In Off Peak Season ( April -June & September to December), seasonal closures will occour. Activities such as The Zip Line , High Ropes and Twister slide will Not open during Off Peak hours

In November and December - All Rides in the Eagles Nest Adventure Zone ( including The Rollercoaster and Viking Voyage Ect) will be closed and will re open April 2019

Please note that seasonal pricing will be in affect to reflect sheduled ride closures.

If you are unsure of ride closures before your visit please contact the admissions team on 01-8351999

It would appear the information is there OP.

• Advertisement

Just had a peek on their website.

so thats right where you purchse the tickets, and then under faq's

It would appear the information is there OP.

The Information is there now, but I believe it wasn't the case when I bought the family pass.

This is the same page back at the end of September around the time I bought the passes:

http://web.archive.org/web/20180927034300/http://www.taytopark.ie/visitor-information/faq

In the above I don't see mention of the November/December closure.

And this is the booking page for the end of September:

http://web.archive.org/web/20180927035506/https://bookings.taytopark.ie/index.aspx

I'm just looking to see if anyone else is in the same boat or if the information was present and I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Smoggy wrote: »
    The Information is there now, but I believe it wasn't the case when I bought the family pass.

This is the same page back at the end of September around the time I bought the passes:

http://web.archive.org/web/20180927034300/http://www.taytopark.ie/visitor-information/faq

In the above I don't see mention of the November/December closure.

And this is the booking page for the end of September:

http://web.archive.org/web/20180927035506/https://bookings.taytopark.ie/index.aspx

I'm just looking to see if anyone else is in the same boat or if the information was present and I missed it.

From the archived faq

Will the rides work in the rain?
    The Park operates normally in the rain including all rides (all rides are subject to availability on any day of your visit).

While not specifically talking about seasonal closures it would cover them in most situations

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

swampy353 wrote: »
    From the archived faq

Will the rides work in the rain?
    The Park operates normally in the rain including all rides (all rides are subject to availability on any day of your visit).

While not specifically talking about seasonal closures it would cover them in most situations

That very much suggests occasional, not full closures.

There's an argument for a partial refund here but it could be hard to negotiate and its unlikely to be worth small claims as the lost value on, say, a stereotypical family of 4's unlimited pass at €370 is going to be something like an eighth of that at best - less than half the park unavailable for a quarter of the season. You're down to barely more than the (non reclaimable) small claims fee.

L1011 wrote: »
    That very much suggests occasional, not full closures.

There's an argument for a partial refund here but it could be hard to negotiate and its unlikely to be worth small claims as the lost value on, say, a stereotypical family of 4's unlimited pass at €370 is going to be something like an eighth of that at best - less than half the park unavailable for a quarter of the season. You're down to barely more than the (non reclaimable) small claims fee.

I was simply looking for two months to be added back onto the membership when these rides are open. I felt that wasn't an unreasonable request.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

The information today pretty clear. In the past not as clear.

the wayback link shows

........We are a seasonal park with seasonal opening times and activities.
    ....... usual attraction restrictions apply
    .......Tayto Park reserves the right to change the membership pass benefits and prices at any time without prior notice

I dont think they have done anything unethical or illegal. But the fact they changed the way they presented the information make me think this has been raised with them in the past, and that perhaps they agreed the information was not presented clearly enough in the past.

From your point of view they have not met your expectations, and i think that's a reasonable expectation. Thats customer service and in asking them to comp 2 months you are asking for a goodwill gesture, and a reasonable one at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Not sure if it helps, but I bought a family ticket as a gift for someone last Christmas and remember some details about some attractions were seasonal and that it excluded entry to special events.

Not sure if it helps, but I bought a family ticket as a gift for someone last Christmas and remember some details about some attractions were seasonal and that it excluded entry to special events.

Must just have been me so, when i joined I could swear there was no pre-warning. Thanks.

Snip

Advertisement