Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mineral Oil White - Food Grade

• 20-11-2018 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get simple Mineral Oil (food grade) like this

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/222258965635#shpCntId

In ireland, that isnt an absolute ripoff. Seems to be 250ml bottles for like 16Euro.

Just need simple Mineral oil and not pay through the nose for it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

just went and bought the ebay one. Seems Oil in Ireland is a rip off for any description. Must think we are drinking the stuff as fuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Go to an agricultural co-op. They sell it as liquid paraffin as a laxative for cattle. Food safe and is around 20 euro per gallon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

woodturner wrote: »
    Go to an agricultural co-op. They sell it as liquid paraffin as a laxative for cattle. Food safe and is around 20 euro per gallon.

That's a superb tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

HI, I'm looking for some food grade oil to treat my newly sanded counter-top. Any suggestions?
    I'm in Dublin and can't really wait for it to be posted. I'd prefer something a little darker if possible as it's going onto bamboo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement