Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday Laptop deals?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The Acer comes with windows 10 s. Seems a Microsoft are looking for a chrome OS alternative. Anyone any experience with it?

It can actually be 'disabled' if you can call it that. It simply reverts to Windows 10 home. And I would recommend everyone do as such really. These a good write up on it here, it's an easy process by the looks of it.

https://www.windowscentral.com/surface-go-how-unlock-windows-10-s-mode

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It can actually be 'disabled' if you can call it that. It simply reverts to Windows 10 home. And I would recommend everyone do as such really. These a good write up on it here, it's an easy process by the looks of it.

https://www.windowscentral.com/surface-go-how-unlock-windows-10-s-mode

What apps wouldn't be available on the s version?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What apps wouldn't be available on the s version?

you have the option to change it to the full version.

the main difference is that apps can only come from the windows store.

not what you want to be using really

• Registered Users Posts: 4 neil15

Received my Teclast F7 today after a bit of a nightmare with the delivery process.

Would I be advise to do a fresh install of Windows 10?

It came with Burnintest v8.1 Pro installed which I found a bit odd. It booted to desktop in about 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

neil15 wrote: »
    Received my Teclast F7 today after a bit of a nightmare with the delivery process.

Would I be advise to do a fresh install of Windows 10?

It came with Burnintest v8.1 Pro installed which I found a bit odd. It booted to desktop in about 30 seconds.

Weren't they refurbs?
    Probably a good idea to fresh start windows alright :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Weren't they refurbs?
    Probably a good idea to fresh start windows alright :)

They are not refurbs.

They are brand new laptops from a lesser know Chinese manufacturer.

Burnintest v8.1 should not be on it, and it wasn't on mine. But it could be something they do final checks with. Its a stress test tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

STB. wrote: »
    They are not refurbs.

They are brand new laptops from a lesser know Chinese manufacturer.

Burnintest v8.1 should not be on it, and it wasn't on mine. But it could be something they do final checks with. Its a stress test tool.

My mistake, apologies!

So many laptops went through this thread, that I got confused. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 neil15

I don't actually have a 8 gb usb to do it using the windows 10 media creation tool. Is just using the native rest option in settings worthwhile or sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

How is everybody who bought a Teclast F7 getting on with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

MY charger doesn't seem to work. Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. Did try a different adaptor and although it seems to be taking the charge it's not. Really need to sit with it though.

• Advertisement

undecided wrote: »
    MY charger doesn't seem to work. Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. Did try a different adaptor and although it seems to be taking the charge it's not. Really need to sit with it though.

hopefully you get it sorted as can be a bit of lengthy process to sort out returns etc with gearbest.

they should sort you in the end but you could have to send it back to China.

they have no European returns address afaik even if came through a european warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

undecided wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108731440&postcount=185

Also check that you are sticking it in the power supply, as the headphone socket is right beside it!

I'm sure its more likely the adaptor you are using to go from 2 to 3 pin.

Advertisement