Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politcally Incorrect

123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

That video is unwatchable. Can anyone summarise it, preferably in English?
    It takes a while to get going but its a good watch:

Retired auto worker and Korean War vet Walt Kowalski (Clint Eastwood) fills emptiness in his life with beer and home repair, despising the many Asian, Latino and black families in his neighborhood.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭1874

jimgoose wrote: »
    I don't feel any pressure whatsoever on free speech, unless you're referring to the current zeitgeist against being a prick to women and what-have-you.

Oh and, leaving the EU would be a lip-wobblingly, trouser-flappingly, five-star ocean going fuckin' stupid idea with four funnels and the full complement of lifeboats. :D

Started reading thread and almost immediately cut to the ending, there would be no bloody lifeboats, we'd go down with all hands on deck, straight to the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

I would have liked to join today but child rape as topic seems a bit weird, especially as you didn't specify what there is to discuss about.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Harika wrote: »
    I would have liked to join today but child rape as topic seems a bit weird, especially as you didn't specify what there is to discuss about.

Probably turn it around to blaming women. Which if you read the comments on their meetup page seems to be the sole purpose of the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    Probably turn it around to blaming women. Which if you read the comments on their meetup page seems to be the sole purpose of the group.

Wow. You're a bigger moan than I am. Of course if you showed up to the meeting to discuss your points instead of whinging and saying "it's probably x or y" you might even get a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Paul Lee wrote: »
    Wow. You're a bigger moan than I am. Of course if you showed up to the meeting to discuss your points instead of whinging and saying "it's probably x or y" you might even get a life.

IxUWuQt.png

took me 20 seconds on your meetup page about child rape to find someone whinging about women.

I ran a meetup entitled "What do women want to talk about?" in an effort to get some female perspectives, as I was forming the impression that females generally aren't interested in politics or serious debate.

Despite some females saying they'd come, not a single one turned up. It didn't really bother me, it was just interesting to see what happened.

If women want power but don't want the responsibility that goes with it then forget it.

I don't care whether someone doesn't want to participate, just please don't use vote as you're deciding how to spend my money. If you're not participating then you've forgone your moral right to make decisions.

Show up if you want to be heard. Otherwise get out of the way and let those who are capable and responsible get on with things.

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    IxUWuQt.png

took me 20 seconds on your meetup page about child rape to find someone whinging about women.

Yes, no one should ever criticise women. Everyone knows that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

So what was the consensus or disensus about child rape last meeting? What were the talking points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Paul, women didn't go to your meetup and it wasn't because of a lack of an interest in politics. Your group comes across as a bunch of prime that most would never wish to associate with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's probably not fair to say because I don't know the guy personally, but from those highlighted comments, but that Jeremy guy does seem a bit anti-women. Maybe he was just trying to highlight the disparity he brought up......

There could be many reasons why women didn't show up at a meetup. A big one for women is safety. If I was a woman I'd be slow to walk into a discussion on rape with a bunch of lads I don't know. Generally women prefer to go to meetups where there's other women there they already know.

A big reason for people not showing up on a Thursday night might also be laziness. I know I'm busy Thursday evenings and rarely get home before 8:30. The thought of going out while already tired and getting up for work on a Friday would put me off. I often don't sign up for stuff on a Thursday because I know I won't want to go by the time it comes around.

batgoat wrote: »
    Paul, women didn't go to your meetup and it wasn't because of a lack of an interest in politics. Your group comes across as a bunch of prime that most would never wish to associate with.

I assume you're a woman?

I assume you're a woman?

Nope, I will my out that it's pretty clear you don't want a discussion. You have a view and view it to be the right one. Regardless of how convoluted or moronic it is. Women not attending your meetup sounds more like a reflection of the quality of discussion that it represents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I ran a meetup entitled "What do women want to talk about?" in an effort to get some female perspectives, as I was forming the impression that females generally aren't interested in politics or serious debate.

:rolleyes: Lordie.
    What do women want to talk about?
    The title of your meetup implies that women are a hive mind who all think the same thing.

That kind of patronising assumption will put most off.

Harika wrote: »
    So what was the consensus or disensus about child rape last meeting? What were the talking points?

Thanks for your question. The main points of discussion:

Child rape is a big problem in Ireland.
    There are cover ups that go to the top in politics, the gardai and other areas.
    There are problems with Female Genital Mutiliation amongst immigrant communities.
    The general feeling is that discussion around abortion is becoming more and more like infanticide with the predictable push towards late term abortions and even live birth murder (infanticide) being discussed in the US currently. This further denigrates the value of children to society.
    There are problems with child abuse in schools in general with a figure of 1 in 10 being discussed as a statistic.

This article looks at abuse from the perspective of religious and government institutions.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51189.htm

Sonya Egan discusses her horrific experience at the hands of the State forces. She's running for office in Cork North Central. https://youtu.be/u3hMbklh290

Nope, I will my out that it's pretty clear you don't want a discussion. You have a view and view it to be the right one. Regardless of how convoluted or moronic it is. Women not attending your meetup sounds more like a reflection of the quality of discussion that it represents.

Oh my god, you're not a woman yet you claim to speak for them.

Then you tell me I don't want a discussion.

You are hilarious. You're either a comedian troll or not quite all there.

Plus you call *me* a moron. :P :D

Oh my god, you're not a woman yet you claim to speak for them.

Then you tell me I don't want a discussion.

You are hilarious. You're either a comedian troll or not quite all there.

You've made bizarrely misogynistic remarks about women. I've just pointed out that most sane people wouldn't want to attend your meetups in general...

You've made bizarrely misogynistic remarks about women. I've just pointed out that most sane people wouldn't want to attend your meetups in general...

You seem to be ignoring some pretty important issues here and focussing on matters far less urgent.

You're also losing your arguments. I don't think you've made one decent point.

e.g. You say I don't want to discuss and I want to shut down debate. I'm the one who started this thread and I'm responding to comments.

Again, you are genuinely hilarious. You might want to brush up on some debating skills and a bit of mental effort.

Am I the first person to ever say this to you? If so, you need to get some new friends.

At every point, you've used the thread to soap box. You're like one of those people who uses 'libtard' as an insult... There's a reason nobody is taking you seriously. :)

• Advertisement

Yes You're absolutely correct. I'm using this thread as a soapbox. Isn't that the whole point?

This Thread = My Soap Box + Your Soap Box + Everybody Else's Soap Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭yoke

You seem to be ignoring some pretty important issues here and focussing on matters far less urgent.
    you could be talking about yourself here...

You're also losing your arguments. I don't think you've made one decent point.
    I don't think he is. He actually has made quite a few decent points, more than you anyway.
    Besides that, you're the only one arguing. He's just stating facts. You can argue all you like that 2 + 2 = 5, but the correct answer is still going to be 4, and the person who points out that the correct answer is 4 doesnt "lose the argument" just because you talk more and keep insisting it's 5.

e.g. You say I don't want to discuss and I want to shut down debate. I'm the one who started this thread and I'm responding to comments.
    You didn't respond to my earlier ones. Then again, if your responses are going to be like the one below, I'd prefer you didn't.

Again, you are genuinely hilarious. You might want to brush up on some debating skills and a bit of mental effort.

Am I the first person to ever say this to you? If so, you need to get some new friends.

If that isn't shutting down debate, then I don't know what is.

yoke wrote: »
    you could be talking about yourself here...

I don't think he is. He actually has made quite a few decent points, more than you anyway.
    Besides that, you're the only one arguing. He's just stating facts. You can argue all you like that 2 + 2 = 5, but the correct answer is still going to be 4, and the person who points out that the correct answer is 4 doesnt "lose the argument" just because you talk more and keep insisting it's 5.

You didn't respond to my earlier ones. Then again, if your responses are going to be like the one below, I'd prefer you didn't.

If that isn't shutting down debate, then I don't know what is.

I don't know what to say to you, but thanks for your thoughtful comments.

I'm delighted to see the EU doing sterling work shutting down the internet. Articles 11 and 13 are magnificent weapons against free speech. Just ask Fluffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I'm delighted to see the EU doing sterling work shutting down the internet.
    No, no they are not.

This time Seánie looks at how to approach that difficult discussion about Brexit. Usually it's not a problem because everyone and his dog opposes Brexit.

It's only complete and utter morons who haven't a sniff of a braincell in their head that would support Brexit. Like you'd have to be lobotomised or dropped on your head or something. I'm just glad I'm not that stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

What has this to do with Cork City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,574 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What has this to do with Cork City?

He wants Cork to pull out of the EU.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement