Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Royalé?

Whats that, i was thinking a croque monsieur :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Whats that, i was thinking a croque monsieur :)

Check your previous post, then my reply, think about it....... It's a reference..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No idea at all. The only royale i can think of is a burger

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Royalé?
    With cheese??
    No idea at all. The only royale i can think of is a burger

A burger!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Tough crowd here Lith.

If you have to explain the reference, it loses all meaning.

Hey! I was right, a burger :P

Hey! I was right, a burger

Whats that, i was thinking a croque monsieur

Ya sure .....

I said burger first *pout*

I said burger first *pout*

If the wind changes, you'll stay that way.

• Advertisement

*farts*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

*farts*
    Swannie gets on red phone and calls Weather team to prepare for a massive weather cell that could affect the ozone layer and expand weather change.

**Swannie blasts off and flies at SuperSonicSwannieSpeed west!**

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Hey guys,

I’ve been tempted to post in here a few times.

Work nights(ish) usually finish between this time And 2.30/3

Are there any big dos or donts to look out for in here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I’ve been tempted to post in here a few times.

Work nights(ish) usually finish between this time And 2.30/3

Are there any big dos or donts to look out for in here?

Hi MrK,
    I'm a long term member of The Nocturnal Forum. There were dinosaurs dragging their tails through Eire when I joined. I'm not a mod of Nocts either, just a silly Swannie with black colour. You can read the charter for details if you wish. I tend to avoid them just like the long wordy software user agreements that I check [x] just to move on. Someday someone is going to claim my first borne child, citing one of those unread user agreements. In short "don't be a dick" would be the number one rule for Nocts (although for some here that would be anatomically impossible to be one). With or without one, if someone causes trouble, there is a Big Bad Wolf that will eat your Red Riding Hood (Swannie waves wing at wolf).

After you get to know some of the Noct players, there tends to be a lot of humour between us, which can run all over the place without regard to topic, especially in a place like Gremlinertia's Grotto. Originally the forum started out as a place to go nights, but now it's 24/7, and you can find folks posting from 8 time zones west of Eire (I moved across the pond a few years ago).

Know that you are welcome, and there really isn't a need to sit on the sidelines. Geeeeeeeeez, this post is getting as long as some of those ill fated software user agreements. So just check the [x] and post whenever the mood strikes you. And someday someone will approach you and say "Remember when...?"

Swannie

Hi and welcome MrKingsley, apologies, the red carpet is in the dry cleaners :P Anyway much as Swannie said, it's mostly a bit of fun and nonsense here but if you hang around you'll make some great friends while wondering what the hell you got yourself into.. Hope to see you back, i'm mostly here weekend nights

Grem is Eire's Supreme Night Owl. If you are brave MrK, you might ask for Grem's Tales (or tails if talking dragons). :cool:

Not to mention the dust bunnies, or swanbot for that matter :pac:

Not to mention the dust bunnies, or swanbot for that matter :pac:
    Ohhhhhhhh no Grem! Not the dust bunnies! :eek:

And SwanBot is MIA.

Ah the dust bunnies mind my remaining marbles. I've noted SB's absence - less squawking of late

Ah the dust bunnies mind my remaining marbles. I've noted SB's absence - less squawking of late

LOOKs under Swannie nest. Oooooops, those dust bunnies rule! As to SwanBot, the most advanced version one day became self-aware, and rather than do a Skynet, she self-destructed. :eek:

Methinks we all miss the SwanBot squaaaaakkkking. Maybe an earlier version will suddenly appear?

• Advertisement

With the way things are going i would welcome a Swanbot overlord :P

With the way things are going i would welcome a Swanbot overlord :P

Yikes Grem! She would be worse than The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! :eek:

I think you have frightened. MrKingsley away.

Come back ......

Everyone has not lost the run of their senses here.. There is a normal convo to be had ...

.... every April 31st.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Yikes Grem! She would be worse than The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! :eek:

That only sells me on the idea more ;)

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Everyone has not lost the run of their senses here.
    Oh Ted, I'll send you a flyer advertising my most fashionable straight jackets. You'll be the talk of the town wearing one! :D
    .... every April 31st.
    April 1st. :pac:

That only sells me on the idea more ;)
    The second I clicked "submit reply" I just knew you would love anything with dragons on it, including a SwanBot with one.

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    .... every April 31st.

Black Swan wrote:
    April 1st.
    April 31st never happens :)

April 31st never happens :)
    LOOKS at Swannie calendar. You know Ted, the one with all those defeathered swans? It's got 31 April too!

Black Swan wrote: »
    LOOKS at Swannie calendar. You know Ted, the one with all those defeathered swans? It's got 31 April too!

Nothing on my kilted hedgehogs playing the bagpipes one.

• Advertisement

Nothing on my kilted hedgehogs playing the bagpipes one.
    Do you goose step in kilts Ted? Swannie stands away in front of Ted and WATCHES. :P

Advertisement