Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New timetables for 33, 33a and 33b from Dec 2nd

Options
  • 20-11-2018 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭

The new times (effective from 2nd December) for the 33, 33a and 33b are now available at the link below (scroll down the page).

Go Ahead Ireland take over the 33a and 33b from that date with Dublin Bus still operating the 33.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/go-ahead-ireland/

Note that the 33d and 33x remain unchanged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Thanks. Does anyone know if when the trains fail and Irish Rail say Dublin Bus accepting train tickets, does that now include this new provider? Someone asked IE twitter yesterday during train failures around Bray, but never got any response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Looks like the 33a now goes to and from the Airport, which is a welcome addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

pigtail33 wrote: »
    Looks like the 33a now goes to and from the Airport, which is a welcome addition.

Only half of them serve the airport

The 33a operates either from Balbriggan to Swords or from Skerries to the Airport.

The NTA wouldn’t allow the Balbriggan starters operate to/from the airport as this would conflict with the Bus Eireann 101.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Don't see a timetable just a placeholder
    Routes 17a, 33, 33a, 33b and 102 will be operated by Go-Ahead Ireland from December 2nd 2018. Timetables will be available to view online shortly.

They’ve taken them down again.

There were some errors seemingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Only half of them serve the airport

The 33a operates either from Balbriggan to Swords or from Skerries to the Airport.

With all the letters available and they refuse to use different route numbers for different routes...

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

One of the main points of contention with the Busconnects proposal was the hubbing of North County services out of Swords with the feedback still being processed but voila here is an additional 28% being hubbed out of Swords. Did I miss the consultation on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

jwwb wrote: »
    One of the main points of contention with the Busconnects proposal was the hubbing of North County services out of Swords with the feedback still being processed but voila here is an additional 28% being hubbed out of Swords. Did I miss the consultation on this??

Cannot comment on the others but the 33B has always just gone as far as Swords from Portrane

jwwb wrote: »

No you didn’t as there was none.

This is an NTA driven change and you need to lobby them via local politicians and residents groups if you feel that you’re being short changed by these changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

naughtb4 wrote: »
    .... but the 33B has always just gone as far as Swords from Portrane
    I used the 33B very regularly in the early 1990's and there were at least 3 services a day which went to the city center from Portrane (and vice versa). I can't recall the exact times now but the first one in the morning, one around 14.05 and the last one at night around 12 midnight went all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

hopped on a 33A today and it was a single decker!

cbreeze wrote: »
    hopped on a 33A today and it was a single decker!

Yes - it and the 33b are both allocated for single deck operation.

I used the 33B very regularly in the early 1990's and there were at least 3 services a day which went to the city center from Portrane (and vice versa). I can't recall the exact times now but the first one in the morning, one around 14.05 and the last one at night around 12 midnight went all the way.

That was mainly when there were gaps in the rail schedule. It was mainly on Sundays plus the last bus after 23:00 from city centre and return.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

LXFlyer wrote: »
    That was mainly when there were gaps in the rail schedule. It was mainly on Sundays plus the last bus after 23:00 from city centre and return.
    I'm not sure what point you're making. I was responding to a previous poster who said it only ever went to Swords which is untrue. I can't recall Sundays but there were at least 3 on a weekday which went to Dublin.

I'm not sure what point you're making. I was responding to a previous poster who said it only ever went to Swords which is untrue. I can't recall Sundays but there were at least 3 on a weekday which went to Dublin.

I know that - I was explaining the rationale for the 33b that went to/from the city.

It was either to fill gaps in the rail schedule, facilitate schools, or to swap vehicles as the local bus was outbased in Donabate.

There were a couple of afternoon services plus two evening ones.

On Sundays there were more as there were fewer trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

.... but the 33B has always just gone as far as Swords from Portrane

So that's probably why there is no outrage about it going to Swords only, it hasn't for years

So that's probably why there is no outrage about it going to Swords only, it hasn't for years

That’s precisely it.

Most people using the 33 inbound travel beyond Swords.

Advertisement