Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google maps update

Options
  • 20-11-2018 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

The satellite view has been update for Galway City. Looks like it was a fine day by the numbers on the beaches.

Anyone spot anything interesting????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

topcat77 wrote: »
    The satellite view has been update for Galway City. Looks like it was a fine day by the numbers on the beaches.

The images must have been taken this past summer, looking at some house builds that were happening at the time.

Cool to see the splash beside the tower at Blackrock:)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Some interesting shapes (circular) along the coast line by south park. It looks like old style fish traps.

It must of been the weekend as there are virtually no cars parked at the university.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

It was.
    Can make out the Solar panels on the neighbours roof. They were installed last May.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Have they made Galway 3d yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Our street view still says 2009 (and you can tell by the neighbour's car that's the case).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,120 ✭✭✭✭zell12

We observed it in Galway skulking and slinking
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103847591

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

It must of been the weekend as there are virtually no cars parked at the university.

Looks like a Sunday, based on the smaller market at St Nicholas'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The estates aren't updated yet by the looks of things.

The estates aren't updated yet by the looks of things.

Which estates...?

I'm going to put my money on Sunday 24th June.

When looking up a map I just spotted the Home & Garden show was on at the racecourse when the image was taken, that was weekend of 23rd-24th June. The smaller Sunday market is setup in town, so 24th. And it was 22-24 degrees and sunny that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

J o e wrote: »
    I'm going to put my money on Sunday 24th June.

When looking up a map I just spotted the Home & Garden show was on at the racecourse when the image was taken, that was weekend of 23rd-24th June. The smaller Sunday market is setup in town, so 24th. And it was 22-24 degrees and sunny that day.

Great bit of detective work J O E!

Great bit of detective work J O E!

Using a tall lamp post as a sun dial and the The Photo Ephemeris to track the sun, it looks like the images were captured around 13:10. ;)

467528.png

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Are there any other websites that gives aerial photos of Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,120 ✭✭✭✭zell12

yandex.com/maps
    bing.com/maps
    wego.here.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

geohive.ie has the OSI aerial shots from aircraft, also 1995, 2000 and 2005 shots.

Advertisement