Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Close an account from abroad?

Options
  • 20-11-2018 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi there,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am currently not living in Ireland and I need to close my Personal Account at this Bank. I was trying to complete an account closure form online at boi.com/accountclose. The point is that I don’t have my Irish mobile anymore, and I can´t use my actual mobile number to fill the form.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]How I can do the cancellation in the simplest way?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I don't have the 365online activated and I can't do from abroad[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks a lot,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Nuria[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Nuria,

Thanks for contacting us here and welcome to Boards.ie.

To close the account you can post a letter of request to the branch you opened it with. The letter should include a copy of your photo id and your contact phone number. If there's a balance left in the account, please ensure to include an IBAN and BIC for an account that you would like this transferred to. If you need the postal address for the branch, please see here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nuria

Hi Tara,

I will do that.

Thanks for your clear an quick response

Nuria

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nuria

Hi Tara,

I will do that.

Thanks for your clear an quick response

Nuria