Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to move abroad

Options
  • 20-11-2018 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm trying to move to England . I'm looking for someone to rent with . Is their any one trying to move to England aswell and does anyone have any advice . Anything would help .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Eddykadia1 wrote: »
    I'm trying to move to England . I'm looking for someone to rent with . Is their any one trying to move to England aswell and does anyone have any advice . Anything would help .

Why are you moving? Where? England is a big place. Do you have work lined up? Friends? Family? Good savings?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eddykadia1

Caranica wrote: »
    Why are you moving? Where? England is a big place. Do you have work lined up? Friends? Family? Good savings?
    I've about 2 grand saved up I'm looking to do boxing in England dju have any good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eddykadia1

Mr.S wrote: »
    England is an easy move, providing your Irish / EU you don't need any visas, permits etc etc and it's a cheap RyanAir flight away.

Use Spareroom.co.uk for housemate / houseshare searches.
    Do you have any other good advice for example good places to move to in England

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Eddykadia1 wrote: »
    I've about 2 grand saved up I'm looking to do boxing in England dju have any good advice

That is all very nice, but how do you intend to finance your stay once the 2k runs out. Which is not very much by the way - probably less than four weeks expenses plus deposits.

You seem very ill prepared for such a move. If you want to do boxing in the UK and it is your passion, then I expect you to have a very go idea of exactly where you want to do this. That way you would have some idea of the local cost of living, jobs market etc...

Best advice would be to put it off for a year, save some more money and do some research so that you know what you are letting yourself in for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement