Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Site Assessment

• 20-11-2018 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi I'm just wondering would anyone know what course would qualify you to carry out site suitability assessments ie. trial holes for septic tanks etc.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It's a fairly big responsibility to presume, I'd imagine qualification would be through an engineering degree.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

There used to be a FAS course - Site Suitability Assessment Course or some such name.

Completion of that course allowed one to do them in most local authority areas.

FAS is now gone so I have no idea who or what runs the replacement course.

Some local authorities will accept people with Civil or Environmental Engineering Degrees but many don't.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Special Purpose Specification NFQ Level 6

Site Suitability for Wastewater Treatment 6S2241

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

bel16 wrote: »
    Hi I'm just wondering would anyone know what course would qualify you to carry out site suitability assessments ie. trial holes for septic tanks etc.
    Thanks

As implied by the responses, stick to the knitting here and don't wander off the reservation under the etc heading once you get a specific purpose qualification.
    Apart from anything else your PI/PL insurance will be specific.

In site works "What lies beneath" can come and bite you a lot worse than any of the movies in that genre:)
    Good luck

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement