Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying PS4 from us

Options
  • 20-11-2018 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi as title suggest I was looking at buying a Ps4 from a us site .Id imagine I would have to pay customs on this? Has anyone done this or know how much I'm looking at paying? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

lashofeye wrote: »
    Hi as title suggest I was looking at buying a Ps4 from a us site .Id imagine I would have to pay customs on this? Has anyone done this or know how much I'm looking at paying? Thanks

Don't. It's not worth the hastle with warranties etc.

Literally a waste of time. Buy from Amazon on black friday. You have some back up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Customs, VAT, new power cable and may have issues with DLC and online services. Don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

It will most likely be 110v only also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

theguzman wrote: »
    It will most likely be 110v only also.

Like nearly all consumer electronics, they take 110 to 240.

Prices for console are usually identical around the world with exceptions for VAT. What you save in Amazon.com, you lose in customs.

Unless you know someone going to the US, I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I figured it was mobile devices like laptops, phones etc that were dual voltage. It would definitely make sense from a global manufacturing and distribution viewpoint, especially to countries like Brazil etc. who have no fixed Voltage standard and you could have 220v and 110 on opposite sides of the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 hudsonn

lashofeye wrote: »

I bought my PS4 from the US 2 years ago. On Black Friday as it happens. No issues whatsoever with the machine, my games are sourced from the UK and US again with no issues. I don't use the PS Network so I've never had problems with DLC or anything being region locked. I use a european lead an plug from some other device as the inputs are fairly standard.

I bought from Amazon US so they took care of all of the import and delivery costs and the price I paid on checkout was the price I paid.

The current price of a PS4 Slim 1TB with Red Dead Redemption 2 is
    $299
    + $93.25 import and shipping fees
    Total $392.25 - approx € 344

There will be console deals tomorrow so keep an eye out and if the price is right then why not.

Hey! i need help

Don't we all pal.

hudsonn wrote: »
    I bought my PS4 from the US 2 years ago. On Black Friday as it happens. No issues whatsoever with the machine, my games are sourced from the UK and US again with no issues. I don't use the PS Network so I've never had problems with DLC or anything being region locked. I use a european lead an plug from some other device as the inputs are fairly standard.

I bought from Amazon US so they took care of all of the import and delivery costs and the price I paid on checkout was the price I paid.

The current price of a PS4 Slim 1TB with Red Dead Redemption 2 is
    $299
    + $93.25 import and shipping fees
    Total $392.25 - approx € 344

There will be console deals tomorrow so keep an eye out and if the price is right then why not.

Can't find that exact deal on Amazon UK, but a PS4 1TB with Fifa 19 is coming in at 269.99GBP (305 euro)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/FIFA-19-Champions-1TB-PS4/dp/B07G7XFDC9/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1542916765&sr=8-6&keywords=ps4%2Bslim%2B1tb&th=1.

The Euro is trading much better against the Pound than dollar, so more saving.
    Also, you could be held up in customs for a few days, or have to make a trip to the DHL depot to pay the charges, plus their admin fee :/

It's rare that buying anything from the US yields significant savings, once shipping, customs, admin fees and time is factored in.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Thanks I waited till this evening and manages to get on for 249 in gamestop !!!!! (500gb slim with spiderman) its for my son who plays with it occasionally :)

Advertisement