Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge Freezer - Fridge Compartment Not Cooling

Options
  • 20-11-2018 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭

As per the title, got a fridge freezer unit which is playing up.

The freezer compartment works fine. However, the fridge compartment will not cool and the motor is continually running.

I've defrosted the freezer and checked the drain from the fridge unit itself. Both are fine. I also removed the dust of the cooling vents on the rear of the appliance.

There doesn't seem to be much more that I can work on without replacing parts. I just want to know if there is anything else I can try prior to contacting the landlord?

Thanks.

Edit: I should also state that since moving into this apartment there has been a significant ice build up at the rear of the fridge compartment - not sure if it is related, but I thought I would mention it. I started then to noticed it declining until the point now where there is only a few drops of water (condensation?) on the rear panel.

Also, this fridge freezer drains out onto a condensation tray situated on top of the motor - there does not appear to be any fan that is easily accessible - I don't think there is any.

Advertisement