Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Unlimited Sim only 25GB plan - €19.99 for 12 months

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

w4ntedman wrote: »
    I was referring to the 9.99 deal for existing broadband customers (as was she I think) apologies if I am wrong or confusing the deals.
    Maybe a different agent could have kept the contracts separate but the one I spoke with couldn't.

Apologies I get you now. Pity they couldn't split it for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

My billpay contact ended recently so I tried to change to this. First call ended after 54 minutes of waiting in a queue. Second call ended after 15 minutes waiting in a queue. Third call, I spent 6 minutes waiting only to be told that customer care couldn't do it, it would have to be loyalty so I was put back on the queue for another few minutes.

There was no problem finding the offer but they wanted to bundle it with my TV & broadband package but for reasons that were well documented in the talk to: Eir forum, I wasn't going to do that. Then I was told I couldn't have two contracts that weren't bundled (I already do). Eventually I was told they could keep me on the plan I'm on but reduce the price from 40 to 20 and it would only be a monthly commitment, not a 12 month contract.

To be honest, I don't understand or believe what I was told so I'm going to ring when it takes affect and confirm the details.

Eir are muck to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I had a headache with this too. I was on on a rolling monthly contract on different terms (less data, no eir Sports) from a couple of years ago that I was due to change for the current deal, so this seemed perfect. I seemed to be able to put it thru on the website, but never heard from them about what happened with the previous rolling contract, i.e. how would 2 bills for Nov work, etc. I was able to log in to the eir sport app, but the channels wouldn't play. I assumed it was because my old contact had no eir sport.

Chat was fairly painless; she deleted my old account, told me I'd get a final bill, new bill started December. But then when I registered for a new myeir account, I couldn't even log in to eir sport. Chat told me to call up. I rang support, 25 mins hold. "You're through to the wrong dept. but I do eir sport as well. Are you sure your password is correct? Do you have the right app?". He transferred me to the tech support team. 30 min wait. "That's the eir sport team that handle that". I told him I had spoken to them. He transferred me anyway. 15 minutes on hold to get the eir sport team. "We don't do the mobile app. That's phone support". Transferred again. Nearly an hour on hold. "It's the eir sport team that deal with that". Still can't log in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

I couldn't login to the Eir Sport App, but when i went to the website and clicked the google play store link it took me to a different app, Just Mobile Eir Sport. I was able to sign into that App with my MY EIR account after entering my mobile number.

Try that and see how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Vodafone x plan is calling
    Have it ,well worth it , service great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Was thinking to move from VF X to this for unlimited calls
    I think I'll stay where I am if I run out of minutes a fiver for 100mins addon won't kill me but dealing with eir would!
    I have had bad experience with their support a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Ordered this and the 9.99 SIM only plan a couple of weeks ago, took a while to get sky to relinquish the contract but install took 10 minutes, connection was live while the installer was in the house.

WiFi much better, can connect to work VPN on WiFi and I should save 75 quid this month and 90 from next month on broadband and PAYG phones.

Went into a shop to do it and it was all smooth as butter. Just have to get iPlayer working on getflix but I think changing the DNS in the router should do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Paddy_man wrote: »
    I couldn't login to the Eir Sport App, but when i went to the website and clicked the google play store link it took me to a different app, Just Mobile Eir Sport. I was able to sign into that App with my MY EIR account after entering my mobile number.

Try that and see how you get on

It's the Just Mobile app I've been using. Going to try it on my girlfriend's new Android to see if it's my phone or the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mobile_meganav_jan19_280x223.png

This plan is now €14.99 for 6 months and going to €29.99 after that.

Sim only 30 days so switch elsewhere after the 6 months are up.

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Good old eircon, up the price by €30 a year and call it a half price sale.

Good old eircon, up the price by €30 a year and call it a half price sale.

€14.99 a month for the 6 months and then jump ship or change to the latest offer on Eir still is good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Stupid Q alert, can you just switch after the 6 months or are you held for 12 months etc?

Also, do you pay by Direct Debit or just log on and prepay when it expires?

Lastly, we have home broadband and phone with them. Anybody know if we can get the €5 bundle discount off this SIM deal?

Stupid Q alert, can you just switch after the 6 months or are you held for 12 months etc?

The link is a sim only plan which only lasts for 30 days. You can switch to another network at any time.

Payment is by direct debit in advance. Sim only plans are billed the same as standard billpay. No credit involved like PAYG.

Lastly, we have home broadband and phone with them. Anybody know if we can get the €5 bundle discount off this SIM deal?

If you are an existing Eir broadband customer, you can get the mobile cheaper yes. Be aware that if you take the offer on the mobile it will lock you back into a 12 contract on the broadband bundle which you might not want. The mobile remains 30 day contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Davy wrote: »

The link is a sim only plan which only lasts for 30 days. You can switch to another network at any time.

Payment is by direct debit in advance. Sim only plans are billed the same as standard billpay. No credit involved like PAYG.

If you are an existing Eir broadband customer, you can get the mobile cheaper yes. Be aware that if you take the offer on the mobile it will lock you back into a 12 contract on the broadband bundle which you might not want. The mobile remains 30 day contract.
    Be aware eir customer care sucks,as does their data speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Thanks Davy, all cleared up in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Details aren't very clear on how to get this...
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/
    Switch to eir prepay and save

Enjoy Unlimited calls AND texts, social networks, plus Free YouTube + 20GB of data. Normally €30 top up every four weeks, now €20! Offer available exclusively online while stocks last!

It's the 30e PAYG plan for 20e

It seems that you need to switch your number to eir and they set it up to get the 30e plan (20GB+calls+texts) but it only costs 20e. This was an offer before Meteor brand ended.

Assume that you keep the plan for as long as you stay with eir and don't change plans but as with all things eir tread carefully as it comes across a bit vague on their webpage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I found Eir's data service better than Vodafone's (and they're both miles better than 3) - it all depends on where you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm getting 150 Mbps FTTH. The lowest I get is 140.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm still on this plan since the offer 2 years ago, nothing changed. I'm fact we got the free bump to 20Gb from 15Gb and roaming is the 8Gb. I find their speeds very good and coverage a massive improvement over three/mvno. Vodafone can be better but at price, eir wins hands down. I find you never have to deal with CS for prepay.

I resurrected the old thread about that deal so we'll keep the chat about the prepay deal to that thread

Advertisement