Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home business insurance

• 21-11-2018 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I Am running a small part time business from home and need to change my home insurance policy to include my business. Has anyone any recommendations please. It is a holistic therapies business

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Try Pike Insurances, don't know if they can deal with your particular business but they are very helpful, no connection with them other than happy customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Be clear about what cover you need in terms of covering the treatment risk.

It is one thing to insure a premises against accidents incidental to the business as where someone trips over a loose carpet.

It is probably something different if you are seeking cover in respect of a treatment that goes wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Personally, I'd find a house insurer who is happy to note your business AND take out a separate liability policy (including treatment risk as Nutley advises) specific to your occupation. Most trade associations have arranged group schemes available to members

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ChoKuRay

thanks. I already have separate treatment insurance so its just the house as its use has been change now to business use. Found a crowd in Bray, Kidd Insurance and have an excellent quote but when i went to cancel my policy with my current insurers they said they maybe able to help now so I am waiting a call tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Kidd Insurances have been at that type of business a long time. I'd be happy with them (not connected in any way)

• Advertisement
Advertisement