Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car blower/fan noise (fix in Dublin?)

• 21-11-2018 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

There is a constant noise coming from this and when i turn it off it gives that slow grunt noise

Is there anywhere who service these Blowers ?

Very annoyin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

These are not really servicable items, Generally you just buy a new one.
    Have you checked it for leaves and debris contacting the fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Hi Cj

Im not great with cars i wouldnt have a clue, are these expensive or maybe you can pm recommendation to get job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sounds like maybe the heater/air distribution flaps aren’t working? What car is it?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Sounds like maybe the heater/air distribution flaps aren’t working? What car is it?

Toyota Corolla only 3 years old

Is it the standard terra model?

• Advertisement

YEs the Standard Terra Model

I know it’s just knobs for the hot/cold and the air direction, but I suspect they are electrically operated rather than just mechanical.

Does the hot/cold work properly and does the air distribution actually move the air to where it should, and does the air recirculation work?

You should hear a motor moving stuff behind the glovebox, does it sound like your groaning noise?

Have you changed the pollen filter recently?

Does the hot/cold work properly and does the air distribution actually move the air to where it should, and does the air recirculation work? yes it does

You should hear a motor moving stuff behind the glove box, does it sound like your groaning noise? yes and when i turn it of its like changing the speed on a vinyl from 78 to 33

Have you changed the pollen filter recently? yes three weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

torrevieja wrote: »
    Is there anywhere who service these Blowers ?
    Location?

Stillorgan Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Location added to title

I guess i cant get this repaired

I doubt it’s servicible, but you need to figure out what the actual fault is. Without wishing to be offensive, I don’t know that you have the capability to DIY this, so bring it to a garage and get them to diagnose what the actual issue is. It could be debris in the fan, a faulty component, or any number of things.

Advertisement