Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus IS200d windscreen wiper issue

• 21-11-2018 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

I have an intermittent issue with the wipers on my car - looking for some help identifying the problem before replacing anything.

The car is a 2011 Lexus IS200d and the every now and then the windscreen wipers stop working on the intermittent and low speed setting but work on the high speed setting. Odd thing is that when I select the high speed the wipers work again on all speed settings - until they stop again that is!

This can happen every time I try to use the wipers or not happen for days / weeks / months in between.

I read somewhere on line to expose the wiper stalk and spray with electrical contact cleaner. I done that but can't say for certain if it worked - being an intermittent problem an all.

Any advice would be appreciated to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don’t the wiper relays give bother on These?

Advertisement