Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenue internal HEO 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭starstothesun

kriordan22 wrote: »
    Hi All

I have been offered mobility to revenue however I’m not sure if I should take it, mainly because my own department have just announced an internal campaign. My question is- to apply for a revenue internal campaign, how many years must you have served in revenue? Would previous service within a different department count at all?

You have to he in 2 years before you can apply fot promotion! Unless if there are outside competitions you can apply like everyone for those! Its a tough decision to make.. what grade are yoi currently? If i was in your shoes Id nearly try for internal promotion where you are as you would have to wait 2 years in revenue. You could always transfer to revenue down the line once you have your promotion gained in your current employment

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

You have to he in 2 years before you can apply fot promotion! Unless if there are outside competitions you can apply like everyone for those! Its a tough decision to make.. what grade are yoi currently? If i was in your shoes Id nearly try for internal promotion where you are as you would have to wait 2 years in revenue. You could always transfer to revenue down the line once you have your promotion gained in your current employment

Thanks for the info... I’m currrntly a co. I have a first class honours law degree and didn’t do well in the latest open eo comp. I don’t know what to do. I’ve always wanted to work for revenue but could be setting my career back if I go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭starstothesun

kriordan22 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info... I’m currrntly a co. I have a first class honours law degree and didn’t do well in the latest open eo comp. I don’t know what to do. I’ve always wanted to work for revenue but could be setting my career back if I go

How about applying for the External Revenue EO Audit and Compliance the next time it comes around if you havent been promoted up until that stage in your current employment.. they advertise on there own website every so often not through piblic jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Are you sure that service in another department does not count towards the 2 years before you can apply for internal promotion?

I was under the impression that it was 2 years in the civil service as a whole that was the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

PCX wrote: »
    Are you sure that service in another department does not count towards the 2 years before you can apply for internal promotion?

I was under the impression that it was 2 years in the civil service as a whole that was the test.

Just checked an old internal job spec. 2 years public service experience was required

delricyo wrote: »
    Just checked an old internal job spec. 2 years public service experience was required

Thanks very much for this info, hopfully that has not changed. I know a girl who has gone for Revenue internal EO this time around and would not have 2 years service in the Department, as she also transferred on mobility. I am not aware of her circumstances however, she may have previous TCO service with Revenue which pushed her over the line.

Thanks anyway to all for the advice and info.

How about applying for the External Revenue EO Audit and Compliance the next time it comes around if you havent been promoted up until that stage in your current employment.. they advertise on there own website every so often not through piblic jobs

Thank you very much for your advice and information. Much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭D n G

Well that's the verification test over. The best of luck to everyone who has done, or is yet to sit it. I've no idea how I've done or how close my result will be to the one I did at home. Am just glad it's out of the way. Results won't be out till the end of next week sometime.

Well the emails are out and, to my surprise, I'm through to the next round which is a "competency based competitive interview". They will be in touch before the 30th April 2019 with links to complete an application form, which will include a manager’s assessment/recommendation. Now, I panic lol. The last interview I did was 12 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

D n G wrote: »
    Well the emails are out and, to my surprise, I'm through to the next round which is a "competency based competitive interview". They will be in touch before the 30th April 2019 with links to complete an application form, which will include a manager’s assessment/recommendation. Now, I panic lol. The last interview I did was 12 years ago.

Best of luck!!

Is that Dublin you're interviewing for?
    Thanks!!

Best of luck!!

Is that Dublin you're interviewing for?
    Thanks!!

Sorry I see you have said Dublin on prev post

Well done. Good luck

Anymore happening with this Comp?

I think regionally they are only calling up to 60 or 70 to the supervised tests.....

Think have called up to 150 for Dublin for supervised tests...

Are interviews on going atm

Received an email yesterday with an application form to be completed by both myself and my manager. Unfortunately I can't access the form at the moment as I'm on leave but it must be submitted by 1pm, 14th May, 2019. Interviews should be sometime after that date. I have just recently completed the application form in the Inter Department HEO competition so hopefully I will be able to copy and paste a bit of that!

Right, just finished completing the form, off to my manager with it on Tuesday!! There was a question on it re any leave approved or any unavailable dates between 27th May 2019 and 7th June 2019 so I'm reckoning the interviews are around then!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tayto2017

Just wondering has anyone been called for interview for Limerick? Just wondering what numbers they have reached?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Is it only Dublin Region interviews that are taking place at the moment?

anything happening with this panel for regional candidates?? anyone know please?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sadieM

anything happening with this panel for regional candidates?? anyone know please?
    Thanks

I know two people from the regional panels that have been called for interview, passed and now on a panel. They seem to be doing it like the Inter D comp's and calling people in batches. They were both below 70 originally before the interviews so I think they called the first 70ish for interview. As the current Internal HEO panel runs until Oct 2019 then they cant use the new panel until the old one has expired/exhausted.

sadieM wrote: »
    I know two people from the regional panels that have been called for interview, passed and now on a panel. They seem to be doing it like the Inter D comp's and calling people in batches. They were both below 70 originally before the interviews so I think they called the first 70ish for interview. As the current Internal HEO panel runs until Oct 2019 then they cant use the new panel until the old one has expired/exhausted.

Thank you!! :-)
    The last I heard they had only called up to 70 regionally for interview and then panelled those successful candidates. and they have already interviewed a 2nd batch up to around 150 approx. or below that for Dublin region who have also been panelled.

Think InterD is starting on the supervised tests for regional candidates now also.....

I think perhaps I should have applied for Dublin also in this internal competition

Apparently there has been a few regional people who did the interview for Dublin region already & have been panelled but are looking to perhaps turn down Dublin if offered and hoping to get offered a regional location instead (once interviewing for regional is completed).

It will possibly be Oct before anymore from regional are called for supervised tests/interviews - just speculating here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

Anyone know how far down the panel they are for stage 2 for Dublin?

Any more movement on this competition, besides Dublin
    Thanks

Has another batch been called lately?

BobCat123 wrote: »
    Has another batch been called lately?

Yes there is another batch being called for interview in Dec for regional and Dublin Candidates

Yes there is another batch being called for interview in Dec for regional and Dublin Candidates

Thanks...do you know up to what number is called?

Thanks...do you know up to what number is called?

Up to 204 for supervised tests
    And those successfully on those tests called for interview..
    Don't know how many were successful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Just sent off the form again.Best of luck to everyone interviewing next month

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tush155

Can anyone help me, I have been told all revenue promotion panels can be viewed on RevNet. Where on earth are they? I can’t find them at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GKE

Tush155 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me, I have been told all revenue promotion panels can be viewed on RevNet. Where on earth are they? I can’t find them at all!

Copy the circular number on invitation email into search bar and details of panels will be listed

Thank you!

• Advertisement

The E. Number ? Has decided not to work for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GKE

The E. Number ? Has decided not to work for me

Yes, the E number that is in the subject line of emails received in relation to this competition. I tried to search it yesterday and it was not working but I have tried again this morning and the list is there now.

Done and dusted this morning. My board changed slightly which was fine.
    I felt it went ok but I probably lost points on team leadership.

Anyone any idea how many are on the panel out today?

Anyone any idea how many are on the panel out today?

Was there a panel out today???

yes for outside Dublin

Another batch called for retesting in early January.

Does anyone know how long they're interviewing for?
    I know they asked for availability between the 2nd and 20th but hoping it might be finished a little early.

Another batch called for retesting in early January.

Is that supervised tests for Dublin region?
    Do you know up to what number is being called please?
    last i heard they had stopped at 204.
    Thanks!! :-)

• Advertisement

Is that supervised tests for Dublin region?
    Do you know up to what number is being called please?
    last i heard they had stopped at 204.
    Thanks!! :-)

They’re calling up to 332 for Dublin region

The Panel for the December interviews came out yesterday.

They’re calling up to 332 for Dublin region

Thank you!!!

Anyone hear when next batch of interviews for Dublin are or when people will be notified?

Anyone know when the next batch of Regional candidates will be called for the supervised tests?
    As far as I am aware they stopped at the 210 approx mark??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Jenor0050

What date is the end date for appointment from this panel?

• Advertisement

Jenor0050 wrote: »
    What date is the end date for appointment from this panel?

End of December this year...from what I’ve heard the current batch being interviewed are the last to be called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Did Revenue supply any booklets on preparing for the HEO panel? I've seen it before for their EO panel but if they did the same for HEO I'd be grateful if someone sent it onto me?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Is there another batch called for Dublin and nationwide?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

Panel 3 Dublin almost exhausted that had interviews early December

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Has the next batch received interview results?

• Advertisement
Advertisement