Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTI exceptions while partner unemployed?

• 21-11-2018 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

We're in the middle of a mortgage application and were waiting on my partner to finish her probationary period, but just got news that her company is downsizing, with no warning, and she's been let go.

Trying to evaluate our options (and probably know the answer to these questions).

I'm the main earner, but without her income we're way off what we need under the 3.5 limit. How far can this stretch? We've enough repayment capacity even with just my income, and she's looking for another job.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Feel like the legs have been taken out from under us!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Banks dont really like LTI exceptions I'm told. LTVs exceptions are way more common.

Edit: Mortgage officers of 2 pillar banks and a broker told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

We're in the middle of a mortgage application and were waiting on my partner to finish her probationary period, but just got news that her company is downsizing, with no warning, and she's been let go.

Trying to evaluate our options (and probably know the answer to these questions).

I'm the main earner, but without her income we're way off what we need under the 3.5 limit. How far can this stretch? We've enough repayment capacity even with just my income, and she's looking for another job.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Feel like the legs have been taken out from under us!

Unfortunately you'll just have to wait until your partner secures permanent employment and completes probation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Unfortunately you'll just have to wait until your partner secures permanent employment and completes probation.

Or reduce your expectations- and go with your current income level- and seek a mortgage commensurate with your current means.

Advertisement