Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW13 Captain poll

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

I have let chance dictate my captain and vice captain choice this gameweek using this online tool https://app.randompicker.com

Rules were simple. my midfielders and forwards (defenders and goalkeepers were not considered) were entered in a random draw. Whoever was drawn 5 times would be this week's captain with next past the post on 5 my vice captain.

My attacking 7 in a 3-5-2 formation this week were:

Richarlinson
    Martial
    Salah
    Hazard
    Sterling
    Murray
    Wilson

Unfortunately Aguero isn't in my squad.

The early exchanges saw a lot of action but no clear cut leader with Martial leading narrowly. After 20 random draws, Martial was running on empty but had reached 3 and later was joined by the burly Murray and Sterling. No move yet by Wilson, Hazard and Richarlinson, possibly saving themselves for later draws.

The closing stages were frenetic with Wilson finally finding his stride hitting 4 and Salah making a late charge to nip level with the Englishman. Shortly after they were joined by Sterling before out of the clouds came an amazing run from Richarlinson the Brazilian to storm through the field from 2 to not only reach 4 but then 5 6 and 7.

With the stunned audience gasping for breath Anthony Martial dug deep and stumbled across the line hitting the 5 mark ahead of the clearly disappointed trip of Salah Wilson and the slow running Murray.

Results:

1. Richarlinson 3/1 (c/f of 3)
    2. Anthony Martial 5/1

SP. Fav win
    Rev/FC paid 10.92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

What about jimenez for wolves, slightly tempted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jamesbere wrote: »

Very punty, but Hudd have 2 of their first choice defenders missing, and they don't defend very well in the first place, so there's certainly an argument for it. Likewise with Doherty with CS and attacking potential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Laca at the moment.

May switch to Ricky or Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

All in on Ricky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Been mulling over this all night. Very tempted to go ballsy with Doherty; but when in doubt, stick it on Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Spurs missing most of their defence this weekend. Hazard could be a great differential. Evening kick off too.
    I'm tempted by Haz too. Aurier and Foyth will be playing so the right side of the Spurs defence should be a weakness which both Hazard and Alonso could exploit. Although the popularity of Richi for captain is making me hesitant to go with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Now that it's coming to crunch time I'm losing the balls to captain Ricky. Post international breaks don't produce tons of goals and he only played On Tuesday for Brazil. So he may not be guaranteed 90. If it were to be a captain fail I think id rather it come when the armband is on hazard as opposed to Ricky?

Edit: after a little more digging the Brazil match was in London so it's not as if he travelled. That really doesn't help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

A lot of big talk here about captaining Ricki, Jimenez etc, I’d say by the time 11.30 rolls round there’ll be a lot of people sticking it on Aguero and Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sterling captain and Jiminez as vc.
    No Richarlison this week otherwise I'd go with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Green&Red wrote: »
    A lot of big talk here about captaining Ricki, Jimenez etc, I’d say by the time 11.30 rolls round there’ll be a lot of people sticking it on Aguero and Salah
    And by the time 2pm rolls around they’ll be switching back again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Difficult captain choice this week between Richarlison, Salah, Aguero and Sterling. I’ve gone with Sterling as a bit of a differential with his 10% ownership

Green&Red wrote: »

Big talk ? I reckon it’s only talk.

I agree with you that a lot will change their minds as the deadline approaches but Richarlison is a valid captain option.

If I owned Aguero I would go with him but even as a Salah owner I now think I’ll go with Richarlison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Been mulling over this all night. Very tempted to go ballsy with Doherty; but when in doubt, stick it on Aguero.

Yeah I am between Ricky and Doherty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

As a Salah Aguero and Richi owner. I'm still sticking with Richi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Voted Hazard because I'm tempted by that Spurs defence...

Have Aguero & Ricky too

I think I could pick any of the 3 for good reasons...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

9b80b13d3fa34c47584f72b08174d786.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

jamesbere wrote: »

I'm going for it, go jimenez go

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sergio, innit!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

Gone with Ricky. Cardiff at home, hard to pass on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ricky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Ricky......Dammit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Martial is just as unpredictable as Mane imo, he hasn't proved he's consistent yet.

Thanks for convincing me to switch from Martial to Sterling

Edit: Also kudos for a fine captain pick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Now that it's coming to crunch time I'm losing the balls to captain Ricky. Post international breaks don't produce tons of goals and he only played On Tuesday for Brazil. So he may not be guaranteed 90. If it were to be a captain fail I think id rather it come when the armband is on hazard as opposed to Ricky?

Edit: after a little more digging the Brazil match was in London so it's not as if he travelled. That really doesn't help

Like I said rather a blank from haz than Ricky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Like I said rather a blank from haz than Ricky

Ricky didnt blank

I've only had 2 captain fails this season
    Ricky and mitro
    There is a lesson in there for me but I will refuse to learn it
    Anyways Mitrovic was my VC so maybe I should have been crazier

Advertisement