Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixtures and Fittings

Options
  • 21-11-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I have recently gone sale agreed on a property, and things have moved along quickly. On the advertisement the built in fridge was noted as part of the house. When I viewed the house the estate agent also told me that it was included in the sale. I have just received a Fixtures & Fittings list and the vendor has said he is taking it, not included. It is piped into the house, built in to the cabinets and most importantly was a factor in the price I offered on the house.

Apart from the agreements above, from what I can see if it is 'fixed' into the house it would be included in the sale? In addition I would imagine with removing it it will damage the surrounding cabinets it is built into.

Anyone have any insights?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

Tell your solicitor to insist on it being kept otherwise you are walking away. They aren't going to lose a purchaser over a fridge that was to be included in the sale anyway.

Alternative to this is to knock €1,000 off the price to cover the new fridge and repairs to the cabinets.

The sellers are messing so you need to push back

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JANUARY30

Good idea - thanks for that. I definitely will. Its so infuriating!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Andycap8

A fixture is different from a fitting.

Ownership of a fixture is transferred with the assignment of the house. A fitting, unless expressly included, does not.

Subtract it from your purchase price & also include a few quid for the effort it will take to replace it. It's a bizzare thing for someone to take.

Advertisement