If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49/50 to 65" tv with both satellite viewer and saorview viewer built in..

Options
  • 21-11-2018 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hi..I wonder if I can get some help...I know Ye are very busy this week..

I'm looking at a tv around 49-65" with both satellite and Saorview tuners already built in...

4 k ultra hd.
    Smart
    Wifi 
    400e to 900 e
    I would like to be able to record onto usb drive and play movies off usb drives etc

Im not sure how many tvs fit this spec...
    Can you give me the model numbers/links so I can look at these please?...Thanks for the help..

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

brooklands wrote: »
    hi..I wonder if I can get some help...I know Ye are very busy this week..

I'm looking at a tv around 49-65" with both satellite and Saorview tuners already built in...

4 k ultra hd.
    Smart
    Wifi 
    400e to 900 e
    I would like to be able to record onto usb drive and play movies off usb drives etc

Im not sure how many tvs fit this spec...
    Can you give me the model numbers/links so I can look at these please?...Thanks for the help..
    Hi Brooklands.

Thanks for the post.

LG are the main manufacturers with free to air sat tuners built in.

Budget will be the deciding factor.
    49SK8100 priced at 679 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203382-lg-49sk8100pla-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

55SK8100 priced at 799 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203297-lg-55sk8100pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

65Sk8100 priced at 1149 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203298-lg-65sk8100pla-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

There are a few others out there.

Let me know your thoughts or if you have seen a different screen that is of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brooklands

Cheers kenny..thanks..ill have a look at your website and look at a few Sony /Samsung and I'll confirm with you if any meet that spec...thanks

Cheers kenny..thanks..ill have a look at your website and look at a few Sony /Samsung and I'll confirm with you if any meet that spec...thanks
    No problem at all Brooklands.

Let me know what you come up with and we can go for there :)

Hey, getting back to this again now as I'll buy the to during post Christmas sales...I would like to know what 2 or 3 models to be looking at now - so I'm not still confused during the sales!
    Dives the  Samsung  55NU8000 spec have everything I wanted in the spec?

I see reading here that you can watch one channel on this while recording another- I would like to be able to do this also whether on Saorview or sat- is this in the above tvs you mentioned sk8100 or is it a hard to find spec?

Is the 55/65   sk8100 a superior tv to the 55nu8000?
    I think now it's 55 or 65 " I will buy in the sales....
    Hoping for an Lg /Sony/ Samsung or possibly Panasonic ...any other models?thanks in advance...

Hey, getting back to this again now as I'll buy the to during post Christmas sales...I would like to know what 2 or 3 models to be looking at now - so I'm not still confused during the sales!
    Dives the  Samsung  55NU8000 spec have everything I wanted in the spec?

I see reading here that you can watch one channel on this while recording another- I would like to be able to do this also whether on Saorview or sat- is this in the above tvs you mentioned sk8100 or is it a hard to find spec?

Is the 55/65   sk8100 a superior tv to the 55nu8000?
    I think now it's 55 or 65 " I will buy in the sales....
    Hoping for an Lg /Sony/ Samsung or possibly Panasonic ...any other models?thanks in advance...
    Hi Brooklands.

The 55Nu800 is the better panel as it is a native 10bit panel, whereas the SK8100 range is 10bit (8Bit + 2FRC)

The Samsung 55NU8000 has twin tuners which allow to watch one station and record another for both Saorview and Sat.
    You can no do this on the SK8100 range.

Don't get me wrong the SK8100 series of televisions are very very good indeed.

Our sale starts on boxing day but the pricing will go live at some point on the evening of the 23rd once we have closed.
    We do not open on Christmas eve and then the sale starts boxing day.

Hope this is of some help.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the info kenny...so 55NU8000 looks like the one..ill get back to Ye soon

Thanks for all the info kenny...so 55NU8000 looks like the one..ill get back to Ye soon
    No problem at all Brooklands.

Give me a shout when your ready :)

Hey..I'm just wondering if there's any further discount on the sterling or euro price of the UE55NU8000
    729 stg/ 859 euro
    Is the euro price including free delivery and the stg price needs an additional 6.99 stg for delivery?
    Can I order and pay online or over the phone and can Ye deliver this to Dublin?how do I purchased do can Ye deliver it to dublin(I'll tell Ye the days that delivery would suit me -and Ye pick one of the days that suit you etc)

Thanks
    On an aside-I'm just wondering if you know of any smaller version of a tv like above, that 40-50 inch ish.

By any chance do you know, if there's any tv that you sell that you would recommend that has twin tuners for both Saorview/satellite so I can watch and record either Saorview or sat at the same time.......
    It would have to be 4K ultra hd, wifi,smart, usb record and playback etc...Sony or lg or Samsung preferred but anything considered...
    Do any tvs come to mind.....whether ill buy one this 40-50like this or not-I still want to buy the UE55NU8000 above.......thanks..adrian

Hi Brooklands.

Hey..I'm just wondering if there's any further discount on the sterling or euro price of the UE55NU8000
    729 stg/ 859 euro
    Is the euro price including free delivery and the stg price needs an additional 6.99 stg for delivery?
    Can I order and pay online or over the phone and can Ye deliver this to Dublin?how do I purchased do can Ye deliver it to dublin(I'll tell Ye the days that delivery would suit me -and Ye pick one of the days that suit you etc)

Unfortunately at the moment the 55NU8000 is an instore only collection and can not be shipped.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203203-samsung-ue55nu8000-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1000-led-tv.aspx

Once the buy it now button is removed from our website we can no longer ship the products.
    Normally if paying in sterling there is a £6.99 delivery fee and it is included in the Euro price (Free of charge).

On an aside-I'm just wondering if you know of any smaller version of a tv like above, that 40-50 inch ish.

By any chance do you know, if there's any tv that you sell that you would recommend that has twin tuners for both Saorview/satellite so I can watch and record either Saorview or sat at the same time.......
    It would have to be 4K ultra hd, wifi,smart, usb record and playback etc...Sony or lg or Samsung preferred but anything considered...
    Do any tvs come to mind.....whether ill buy one this 40-50like this or not-I still want to buy the UE55NU8000 above.......thanks..adrian

As far as I know there is no television that will allow you to record both Saorview and Freesat at the same time.
    There are not so many sets on the market that are twin tuner and its usually the higher end ones.
    All the requirement are no issue... 4K Ultra HD, Wifi, UsB record etc....

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Kenny, any chance you can find out if the buy it now button is coming back in the v near future?!

I was hoping to purchase from Ye and I'm happy to buy it given that Ye have helped me decide upon this model....I would like to buy it at the current sale price but Ye are a long return journey away from me..

Regarding the  40-50 "tv, it was the function of - watching a Saorview or a free sat channel and recording a Saorview or free sat channel is what I was enquiring about- like the 55 inch TV. NU 8000 we were talking about etc...

Thanks..adrian

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Will be live this morning!

ATVB,

Joh Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John.
    ThankS for the help and info..
    Yes I want to buy it today so I'll click on the buy it now button...

just on an side note....asking for advice on a 40-50" other tv,
    Is the function of being able to watch a Saorview channel  or a free sat channel while recording another Saorview channel or free sat channel a rare spec?..
    .is this function called twin tuners??

Ignoring brand names, do many smaller tvs have this ? And possibly an headphone socket etc?

Whether or not I can decide On a smaller 40-50" today - I'll still buy the 55 above etc...thanks again

Hi John.
    ThankS for the help and info..
    Yes I want to buy it today so I'll click on the buy it now button...

just on an side note....asking for advice on a 40-50" other tv,
    Is the function of being able to watch a Saorview channel  or a free sat channel while recording another Saorview channel or free sat channel a rare spec?..
    .is this function called twin tuners??

Ignoring brand names, do many smaller tvs have this ? And possibly an headphone socket etc?

Whether or not I can decide On a smaller 40-50" today - I'll still buy the 55 above etc...thanks again
    Hi Brooklands.

If you are wanting to watch a Saorview station and want to record a 2nd one then you need a twin tuner television. Same with Freesat.

Twin tuners are not really put on the entry level televisions unfortunately.
    I check over all the LG 43", Panasonic 43" and Samsung 40"/42" and they all only have single tuners.

Sony have their 43XF8505 priced at £648 which has dual tuners. This Sony also has a headphone socket.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203206-sony-kd43xf8505-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks kenny..I understand what you mean when. You say it doesn't come with entry level prove tvs....at the moment, I don't want to spend that much money on the smaller tv...looking at where it would go I can't fit as big as 55" -which is the better value compared to the smaller Sony...thanks for your searching that you have tried...ill start the buy it now process now..thanks again..adrian

Hi kenny and John..thanks again for yer help..I completed the order there and I have the order number etc...just as an aside, I want to be in the house when Ye are going to deliver this...who do I discuss this with?...ill be available all tomorrow Saturday/Sunday/Monday/wed/Thursday etc...but once Ye know yer delivery plan/options- will someone contact me to discuss/ set up a time/day window??...thanks...

Also, what date is your tv sale ending?...i still might be interested in another....good luck
    Thanks

Hi kenny and John..thanks again for yer help..I completed the order there and I have the order number etc...just as an aside, I want to be in the house when Ye are going to deliver this...who do I discuss this with?...ill be available all tomorrow Saturday/Sunday/Monday/wed/Thursday etc...but once Ye know yer delivery plan/options- will someone contact me to discuss/ set up a time/day window??...thanks...

Also, what date is your tv sale ending?...i still might be interested in another....good luck
    Thanks
    Hi Brooklands.

Thanks for the order.

The order will not dispatch until Monday coming. Our courier will then text you with the day it will be delivered to you on.
    The text message will also include a contact number direct to the courier so you can call them directly to discuss the delivery.
    They can usually give a 1 -2 hour window for the delivery to take place.

Normal delivery timescale depends on your location.
    Dublin 1 -2 days excluding weekends.
    The rest of Ireland including the North 2 -4 days. Excluding weekends.

You can also email Emma who deals with all the delivery logistics at emmaj@Richersounds.ie if you are having any issues speaking to the courier.

Our sale in running until around mid Jan.

That's all perfect....ill see how I get on with the courier when he contacts me so...thanks for all...
    middle of Jan- I'll have to make a decision soon so!!good luck

Just wondering with regards to a 40-50" - if I wanted to have both a free sat tuner and a Saorview tuner, but let's say I didn't need to play a Saorview or a free sat and record a Saorview or a free sat channel...
    .does this open up the possible tvs?

if there's loads of tvs, Samsung and lg and Sony are preferred etc...
    Thanks
    Adrian

Just wondering with regards to a 40-50" - if I wanted to have both a free sat tuner and a Saorview tuner, but let's say I didn't need to play a Saorview or a free sat and record a Saorview or a free sat channel...
    .does this open up the possible tvs?

if there's loads of tvs, Samsung and lg and Sony are preferred etc...
    Thanks
    Adrian
    Hi Brooklands.

This would give more option as there are several television that have a single tuner for both Saorview and freesat.

Starting at the the LG 43UK6400 coming in at £329 or 379 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203302-lg-43uk6400plf-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Philips Ambilight the 43PUE6703 also has them priced at £399 or 449 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203601-philips-43pus6703-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-ambilight-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know if any of the above might suit.

Amm I wouldn't like the wooden looking frame in one of those....
    If I would like something bigger than 43 and up to or around 50"
    Any ideas on a few picked out below..any other recommendations?

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203294-lg-50uk6750pld-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203460-lg-49uk6300plb-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203668-samsung-ue50nu7020-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-tvplus.aspx

I still don't know if I need another tv right now, but I got ur views, I'll have my mind made up before yer sale ends...thanks...

• Advertisement

Amm I wouldn't like the wooden looking frame in one of those....
    If I would like something bigger than 43 and up to or around 50"
    Any ideas on a few picked out below..any other recommendations?

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203294-lg-50uk6750pld-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203460-lg-49uk6300plb-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203668-samsung-ue50nu7020-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-tvplus.aspx

I still don't know if I need another tv right now, but I got ur views, I'll have my mind made up before yer sale ends...thanks...
    Hey Brooklands.

Not sure what you mean by wooden looking frame?
    The 6400 has a dark plastic frame and the Philips has a silver plastic frame. Neither look like a wooden finish?

I only mentioned a 43" screen because above you gave 40-50 as your size guide.

Both the 50UK6750 and the 49UK6300 have a saorview and free tuner (single tuner only)
    The Samsung only has a Saorview tuner.

The 50UK6750 is the better of all 3 screens mentioned with a higher spec.

Hi..maybe I misunderstood, I clicked on link for the lg 43 6400 and it said it was finished in deep Havana brown....I just took it that that might be wood effect on outside of the frame...no bother anyhow...

So the 50uk6750 have saorview and free sat tuner built in.but it's single tuners....
    meaning that if I record a specific saorview channel- that I can't watch another Saorview channel at the same time but I could watch a free sat channel at the same time?!

or is it if I record a specific Saorview channel, the only channel I can watch is the channel that's currently recording....sorry for all the questions....its been a long long time since I bought my last to etc...thanks

Hi..maybe I misunderstood, I clicked on link for the lg 43 6400 and it said it was finished in deep Havana brown....I just took it that that might be wood effect on outside of the frame...no bother anyhow...

So the 50uk6750 have saorview and free sat tuner built in.but it's single tuners....
    meaning that if I record a specific saorview channel- that I can't watch another Saorview channel at the same time but I could watch a free sat channel at the same time?!

or is it if I record a specific Saorview channel, the only channel I can watch is the channel that's currently recording....sorry for all the questions....its been a long long time since I bought my last to etc...thanks
    Hi Brooklands.

Yeah the Havana Brown is just a very bark brown colour.

The 50UK6750 is single tuner which means you can not record a programme while watching a different one and can not record a saorview station while watching a Freesat station.

Single tuner means just that 1 tuner so if its being used to record a programme then you cant use it again to watch a 2nd station or switch to use Freesat as the tuner is already in use recording a Saorview station.

The below snippet is lieft from Samsung's own website:
    "A TV that contains 'dual' or 'twin' tuners allows you to watch either two Freeview/Saorview or two Freesat channels at the same time.
    You could also record the second channel's programme on a USB stick or other hard drive using the second tuner."

Hope this helps a little.

Ok..thanks for clearing that up for me... Amm I think single tuner won't suit so...ill have a look... I'm not sure whether to buy another tv or not for now...

Ok..thanks for clearing that up for me... Amm I think single tuner won't suit so...ill have a look... I'm not sure whether to buy another tv or not for now...
    No worries Brooklands.

Let us know once you have had a think about it.

Hey..tv arrived..thanks to Ye all....
    just a question on my new 
    Samsung UE55NU8000....

Is it possible for me to download SNIP an app on this tv? Do I need to change the settings preferences so that I can download an app that Samsung doesn't want me to download

Or as the tv isn't android - is it a straight no, it can't be downloaded?.....

If It can't be downloaded, is it possible that I can download SNIP an app to an android box and use SNIP the box to play on this tv......just looking to see if Ye have an answer...thanks..Adrian..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

brooklands,

Sorry to intervene here but particular parts of your query aren’t appropriate here, as set out in the Charter:

Please do not ask for advice relating to methods of obtaining TV or other media without paying subscription (or permissions from) the rightsholder - this includes but is not limited to certain Android Apps, Kodi Addons, certain IPTV services etc. These services are not offered by Richersounds and the topic is not welcome here.

I’ve snipped your post and have tried to leave your query meaningful, while staying in line with the Charter. Feel free to add to this, but have a read of the Charter first, given the nature of the issue.

Thanks,

Ritz.

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

brooklands,

Sorry to intervene here but particular parts of your query aren’t appropriate here, as set out in the Charter:  

Please do not ask for advice relating to methods of obtaining TV or other media without paying subscription (or permissions from) the rightsholder - this includes but is not limited to certain Android Apps, Kodi Addons, certain IPTV services etc. These services are not offered by Richersounds and the topic is not welcome here.

I’ve snipped your post and have tried to leave your query meaningful, while staying in line with the Charter. Feel free to add to this, but have a read of the Charter first, given the nature of the issue.

Thanks,

Ritz.
    Yeah sure whatever you have to do....I would have realises mentioning the apps name could be seen as that but yes no problem..thanks

Hey..tv arrived..thanks to Ye all....
    just a question on my new 
    Samsung UE55NU8000....

Is it possible for me to download SNIP an app on this tv? Do I need to change the settings preferences so that I can download an app that Samsung doesn't want me to download

Or as the tv isn't android - is it a straight no, it can't be downloaded?.....

If It can't be downloaded, is it possible that I can download SNIP an app to an android box and use SNIP the box to play on this tv......just looking to see if Ye have an answer...thanks..Adrian..
    Hi Brooklands.

As The Ritz has mentions we can not comment on apps that are used for illegal downloading or streaming.
    If the app does not appear in the App shore section then it can not be added unfortunately.
    Most manufacturers will not have these as it was cause all sorts of copyright infringements for them.

Even with Android TV's there are limits to what is allowed to be added. Its not like the full version you would get on a phone or tablet.

Sorry I can't help further on this one.

• Advertisement

Hey..back again....I thought your sale might be over...when does it finish?

Just wondering if I was looking for another tv, any advice..

around 49"-55" with both satellite and Saorview tuners already built in...but single tuners of each will do this time! ( so I can record a Saorview and watch a free sat or vice versa etc?)

4 k ultra hd.
    Smart
    Wifi
    450- to 600e ish....

I would like to be able to record onto usb drive or play movies off a hard drive  as before ...etc...
    Any good deals on any particular models....Samsung or  lg maybe....I'm still not certain if I need one right now but wondering etc!

thanks again

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.