If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49/50 to 65" tv with both satellite viewer and saorview viewer built in..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brooklands

And maybe could you also recommend 1 or 2 outside Samsung and lg brands that still meet the spec etc...just to compare etc

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Brooklands.

How about the LG 55UK6400 priced at 549 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203304-lg-55uk6400plf-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

You could go for the 49UK6400 coming in at 449 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203303-lg-49uk6400plf-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

There are no Samsung models available within the 400 - 600 Euro price range.
    Samsung would be the 49NU8000 priced at 849 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203202-samsung-ue49nu8000-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1000-led-tv.aspx

There is a 49" Sony the 49XF8096 but its coming in at 728 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203233-sony-kd49xf8096-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know if any of these might be of interest.

Hey Kenny, the lg 55uk6400... Does this have 1 or 2 remotes in the box?..your blog mentioned that a 2018 smart remote was needed to operate some of the unusual functions on this model?

Is is able to view all the free to air channels like Saorview and free sat etc?

Picture quality, how does it compare to the Samsung I got a few weeks ago?
    What bits of spec is this tv not as good on etc?

Also just wondering....do Ye sell Powerline passthrough home plugs to receive and push on wifi signal around a house , 1200 Mbps or 2000mbps speeds , 3 or 4 plugs needed , and I can plug in lan cables into and take lan cable out of etc...

Can you send me the link to where I might see your selection if you stock them?

Thanks..

brooklands wrote: »
    Hey Kenny, the lg 55uk6400... Does this have 1 or 2 remotes in the box?..your blog mentioned that a 2018 smart remote was needed to operate some of the unusual functions on this model?

Is is able to view all the free to air channels like Saorview and free sat etc?

Picture quality, how does it compare to the Samsung I got a few weeks ago?
    What bits of spec is this tv not as good on etc?

Also just wondering....do Ye sell Powerline passthrough home plugs to receive and push on wifi signal around a house , 1200 Mbps or 2000mbps speeds , 3 or 4 plugs needed , and I can plug in lan cables into and take lan cable out of etc...

Can you send me the link to where I might see your selection if you stock them?

Thanks..
    Hi Brooklands.

The 55UK6400 only comes with one remote and the Magic remote needs purchased separately - This is not something we can supply though.
    The UK6400 can not be compared to the 55NU8000 you purchased at 800+ Euro to a TV at 549 Euro. They are both it totally different price brackets and the Samsung is leagues above.

I only listed TV's above that could pickup Saorview and free to air satellite stations as you mention it is a requirement.

The only Power line adapter we would stock would be the TP Link range.
    The link below shows which are available. They are special order products and not held as a stock item:
    https://www.richersounds.com/search/?q=tp+link

Hi Brooklands.

The 55UK6400 only comes with one remote and the Magic remote needs purchased separately - This is not something we can supply though.
    The UK6400 can not be compared to the 55NU8000 you purchased at 800+ Euro to a TV at 549 Euro. They are both it totally different price brackets and the Samsung is leagues above.

I only listed TV's above that could pickup Saorview and free to air satellite stations as you mention it is a requirement.

The link below shows which are available. They are special order products and not held as a stock item:

Right...thanks...if I was interested in a tv that would be v similar in quality to d 55NU8000, but with only 1 saorview and 1 free Sat tuner, is there anything that is available for less than 729 stg ?.....
    I'll look at the power line link, thanks

• Advertisement

Cheers, I looked at the Powerline adaptors. Amm I was hoping to get one that will help wfi also so they don't suit....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Brooklands.

Right...thanks...if I was interested in a tv that would be v similar in quality to d 55NU8000, but with only 1 saorview and 1 free Sat tuner, is there anything that is available for less than 729 stg ?.....
    I'll look at the power line link, thanks
    ..If you could stretch the budget slightly we could do the LG 55SK8500 for you at £799 - IMO this is actually a better TV than the Sammy UE55NU8000:

It also comes including the LG MR18 magic remote.

https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-55SK8500PLA

In terms of the powerline sockets - these are not our normal type of stock but you will fine 100's of sites that sell the wifi / mains versions ate small spends ;)

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

..If you could stretch the budget slightly we could do the LG 55SK8500 for you at £799 - IMO this is actually a better TV than the Sammy UE55NU8000:

It also comes including the LG MR18 magic remote.

https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-55SK8500PLA

In terms of the powerline sockets - these are not our normal type of stock but you will fine 100's of sites that sell the wifi / mains versions ate small spends ;)

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hey..i wouldn't be able to spend that much...i had a look around....I wonder if you would have a views on the tv's below...

Samsung 55nu7400
    Samsung 50nu7400

LG 49sk8100

It's tv's around those money figures that I was looking at..

Is there 1 of those tv's above that ye think is better than the rest...or if you have another recommendation ?thanks

Hey..i wouldn't be able to spend that much...i had a look around....I wonder if you would have a views on the tv's below...

Samsung 55nu7400
    Samsung 50nu7400

LG 49sk8100

It's tv's around those money figures that I was looking at..

Is there 1 of those tv's above that ye think is better than the rest...or if you have another recommendation ?thanks

By increasing the money a little -for the 3 tv's above, I guess the tv will be a bit better in spec etc...I know they may not be close to the Samsung I bought but they wud be reasonable...thanks

Samsung 55nu7400
    Samsung 50nu7400

LG 49sk8100

It's tv's  around those money figures that I was looking at..

By increasing the money a little -for the 3 tv's above, I guess the tv will be a bit better in spec etc...I know they may not be close to the Samsung I bought but they wud be reasonable...thanks
    Hi Brooklands.

For me it would be the 49SK8100 as it really has great picture quality. There are older threads if you look back a few pages from boardies purchasing them and commenting now good they where once up and running.

The 49SK8100 is currently priced at 679 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203382-lg-49sk8100pla-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

• Advertisement

Hey Kenny....does it come with a magic remote and a normal remote?

edge lit- is this common or does it change viewing it much?

i can watch all the free to air sat and free saorview chanels etc?

is it a single tuner of each?i can play and record on to usb also..i think it should meet what ill  need it for..thanks

Hey Kenny....does it come with a magic remote and a normal remote?

edge lit- is this common or does it change viewing it much?

i can watch all the free to air sat and free saorview chanels etc?

is it a single tuner of each?i can play and record on to usb also..i think it should meet what ill  need it for..thanks
    Hi Brooklands.

Yes it comes with the magic remote.

Edge lit is very common for LED.

You can indeed watch Saorview and free to air satellite stations on the sk8100.
    It is a single tuner for both.

You can record to USB and also play back from USB.

Hey Kenny, I'll be cheeky and ask if there's any further discount or possibly a boards deal
     on a  49sk8100 as it will be 2nd purchase from ye since 4th Jan 19!?....just wondering....also when do I need to buy this by- are prices or sale prices ending soon or when..thanks

Hey Kenny, I'll be cheeky and ask if there's any further discount or possibly a boards deal
     on a  49sk8100 as it will be 2nd purchase from ye since 4th Jan 19!?....just wondering....also when do I need to buy this by- are prices or sale prices ending soon or when..thanks
    Hi Brooklands.

Unfortunately I can not offer a better price than the quoted 679.00 Euro as this is already a cracking price for this TV.
    It retails at £749 sterling so the Euro price is much much cheaper.

Our sale is due to finish tomorrow but we have yet to have our price changes through so I don;t know which products will go up in price.

Our quotes on products are valid for 5 days and we will honour any prices quoted within this time frame should its price go up.

...what we can do - on a strictly one off basis is offer you a no-cost upgrade to the 49SK8500 for the same price as the 49SK8100 - ie EURO 679 including shipping and our 6 year warranty.

Scores local dimming and Magic remote ;)

https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49SK8500PLA

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

...what we can do - on a strictly one off basis is offer you a no-cost upgrade to the 49SK8500 for the same price as the 49SK8100 - ie EURO 679 including shipping and our 6 year warranty.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Thanks for the extra there..right , I'll get back to you on here either tonight or tomo...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Thanks for the extra there..right , I'll get back to you on here either tonight or tomo...
    No worries Brooklands.

Let us know when your ready.

Hey John,
    Yes I'll buy the 49SK8500...how would you like me to proceed?..thanks

Hey John,
    Yes I'll buy the 49SK8500...how would you like me to proceed?..thanks
    Hey Brooklands.

We can give you a call to place the order if that is okay?

Hey Brooklands.

We can give you a call to place the order if that is okay?

Yes thats ok....maybe call me -kind of as late as possible as I getting lads in to do work to d house this evening.....and I wud be hoping they wud be finished etc... If that's ok...I'm not sure what time he finish today..

• Advertisement

Yes thats ok....maybe call me -kind of as late as possible as I getting lads in to do work to d house this evening.....and I wud be hoping they wud be finished etc... If that's ok...I'm not sure what time he finish today..

What time do ye finish and around what time might suit you to call?thanks

What time do ye finish and around what time might suit you to call?thanks
    Cheers Brooklands.

Will call you as late on as we can :)

Cheers Brooklands.

Don't put yourself under pressure either to ring me v late- as I know ye want to wrap things up a little before you leave etc..thanks

Cheers Brooklands.

Don't put yourself under pressure either to ring me v late- as I know ye want to wrap things up a little before you leave etc..thanks
    Cheers Brooklands :)

We will have the order shipped on Monday and the courier will be in touch.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers Brooklands :)

We will have the order shipped on Monday and the courier will be in touch.
    D
    Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks Kenny...a pleasure doing business with ye..

just wondering though- when I got the last tv 3 weeks ago, all the delivery company would narrow the delivery time down to was like 930am - 5 pm or something like that!?....it wasn't exactly precise and it makes it hard to take a few hours off work to be at home to sign for it etc....I asked them to narrow it down to 3 hours or something and they couldn't/wouldn't do this...do you know if they normally do give an smaller window that the full day?!..thanks.adrian

Hi brooklands.

It depends on which courier your product goes with - DPD can give our Customers a 1 hour window but they will not insure or guarantee us safe transit for TV's - hence we use a separate network of couriers for TV and to be fair to them 3 weeks ago we were in the midst of a record sale period and things were extremely hectic.

Things are settled down ( slightly only TBH :D ) and we can probably get you a better handle on ETA's now - if you email  emma@richersounds.ie when you order quoting your sale reference Emma will contact the Couriers on your behalf and do her best to get you a narrower window..

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John...yeah I'll log in to my account later and I guess I can see my sales reference there..and I'll email Emma then..thanks for the upgrade..I didn't see that 8500 on ur site online...do Ye display it in your shops?

Thanks John...yeah I'll log in to my account later and I guess I can see my sales reference there..and I'll email Emma then..thanks for the upgrade..I didn't see that 8500 on ur site online...do Ye display it in your shops?
    Hi brooklands,

Unfortunately I don't have any on display in the store at the moment however they are cracking TVs!

Kind regards

David

Hey..I'm trying to see here if Ye remember the quickest way to go from Saorview aerial tuner to the sat tuner? On the lg 49SK8500pla
    ...I think I read it somewhere here- about another purchaser questioning the same thing and someone came up with a recommendation

..I did figure it out how to switch but there may be a better plan/system method going forward??

Quickest way I found was

Press guide button on remote...
    Point at and Click on sort and filter
    Then click on antenna or satellite

.it seems very easy and quick to do on the Samsung 55NU8000 I bought  from Ye...

On an aside, is there any reason or benefit for me to register the Samsung with samsung and the lg with lg?....I haven't done this yet and just asking advice either way...thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

have rte1 showing on tv and hold down (longpress) button number 1 on remote control until quick access option appears, confirm yes option.
    then change tv channel to bbc1hd and hold down (longpress) button number 2 on remote control until quick access option appears, confirm yes option. 
    you can continue to add hdmi inputs or apps to the rest of the remote control buttons if you wish.

longpress the remote control button that you want tv to change to.

I would assume that you have a proper freesat tv guide and have setup the tv as a freesat tv using the uk as the country location and not Ireland. then reordered the few saorview channels down from the 800,s 
    while I am here the lg49uk6400 from the other thread actually is freesat approved so same applies. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.