If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49/50 to 65" tv with both satellite viewer and saorview viewer built in..

Options
13»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

jonnygee wrote: »
    have rte1 showing on tv and hold down (longpress) button number 1 on remote control until quick access option appears, confirm yes option.
    then change tv channel to bbc1hd and hold down (longpress) button number 2 on remote control until quick access option appears, confirm yes option. 
    you can continue to add hdmi inputs or apps to the rest of the remote control buttons if you wish.

longpress the remote control button that you want tv to change to.

I would assume that you have a proper freesat tv guide and have setup the tv as a freesat tv using the uk as the country location and not Ireland. then reordered the few saorview channels down from the 800,s 
    while I am here the lg49uk6400 from the other thread actually is freesat approved so same applies. 

Cheers for the info Jonnygee.

@ Brooklands. You can contact LG directly on 03448475454 - This is a directly line for our customers to speak with their tec guys who should know the answers to any questions you may have.

Just to confirm the 49UK6400 is NOT freesatHD certified. It does NOT have the Freesat or FreesatHD logo or any of the branding.

It does have a free to air satellite tuner which allows you to pick up the free to air stations but without the certification you channels can be in the incorrect order.
    The Satellite tuner is certified under "OPEN TUNER" which is a third party service that picks up any available satellite services within a given area.
    I called LG myself about this and the above is what they told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brooklands

Thanks to Ye both for all that info...my freesat TV guide looks fine...I didn't know about putting in uk as country location so I've put in Ireland....
    so what changes when I'll change this back to the uk?...ill do that thing with Saorview channels also...thanks for the help
    jonnygee wrote: »
    have rte1 showing on tv and hold down (longpress) button number 1 on remote control until quick access option appears, confirm yes option.
    then change tv channel to bbc1hd and hold down (longpress) button number 2 on remote control until quick access option appears, confirm yes option. 
    you can continue to add hdmi inputs or apps to the rest of the remote control buttons if you wish.

longpress the remote control button that you want tv to change to.

I would assume that you have a proper freesat tv guide and have setup the tv as a freesat tv using the uk as the country location and not Ireland. then reordered the few saorview channels down from the 800,s 
    while I am here the lg49uk6400 from the other thread actually is freesat approved so same applies. 

Cheers for the info Jonnygee.

@ Brooklands. You can contact LG directly on 03448475454 - This is a directly line for our customers to speak with their tec guys who should know the answers to any questions you may have.

Just to confirm the 49UK6400 is NOT freesatHD certified. It does NOT have the Freesat or FreesatHD logo or any of the branding.

It does have a free to air satellite tuner which allows you to pick up the free to air stations but without the certification you channels can be in the incorrect order.
    The Satellite tuner is certified under "OPEN TUNER" which is a third party service that picks up any available satellite services within a given area.
    I called LG myself about this and the above is what they told me.

t

Hi Brooklands.

I think setting it to the UK will make very little if any difference as it would be more for the smart side of things but this is locked based on IP address location.

The stations you will get are based on location.
    For the normal tuner you should only get Saorivew (Unless you are in a boarder town for over spill from the North)
    Free to air satellite you will get the majority of UK stations once tuned in to the correct satellite.

Hey..how are things..I'm looking for some help..I bought 2 tvs off Ye..
    Lg 49SK8500PLA...
    AND A 
    SAMSUNG UE55NU8000T

Both have  Saorview and free to air sat channel receivers built in...

When I set these tvs up , they both set up the channel and programmed them in automatically...

On the lg, channel 113 is e4, 
    It looks like an unavailable channel as is doesn't appear live in the small preview box in top left corner etc when in tv guide mode..an icon appears under the digits 113(it's a box with a cross inside the box etc)...No CI module appears after a few seconds in the small preview box..when I click on the channel,no CI module appears on screen.....

In tv guide mode at channel 163  which is e4, (there is no small icon under the digits 163 in guide mode here),the preview box shows invalid service, .and when I click into it, it just says invalid service....

112 is. e4+1.  And it works perfect....no issues at all.....

So can't watch e4 on this lg?

"...........................

In the Samsung, 
    9 is E4. and it works perfectly...

11 is E4 +1  and it says "CI+ module or smart card not found?please check it has been inserted correctly."

116 is E4+1 and it works perfect

117 is E4  and it says " CI + module or smart card not found?please check it has been inserted correctly."

127 is e4 and "this service is not available".

So I have e4 and e4 + 1 both working on 9 and 116...

Both tvs have tvs cables coming from the same 2 aerial etc...so I'm unsure why I can't watch e4 on the lg?

On an aside I guess its possible to easily set up both tvs with all the available sat channels together and let the unavailable channels at the other end...?can I set it up to automatically do this itself?

Also is it normal that tvs guide - what's on each channel,between what times- is regularly blank and I need to press into a channel on the guide to see the programs that are on?if you understand what I'm trying to say!?

Thanks in advance
    Sorry for the v long email.
    Adrian

brooklands wrote: »
    Lg 49SK8500PLA...
    AND A 
    SAMSUNG UE55NU8000T

When I set these tvs up , they both set up the channel and programmed them in automatically...

It looks like an unavailable channel as is doesn't appear live in the small preview box in top left corner etc when in tv guide mode..an icon appears under the digits 113(it's a box with a cross inside the box etc)...No CI module appears after a few seconds in the small preview box..when I click on the channel,no CI module appears on screen.....

In tv guide mode at channel 163  which is e4, (there is no small icon under the digits 163 in guide mode here),the preview box shows invalid service, .and when I click into it, it just says invalid service....

In the Samsung, 

11 is E4 +1  and it says "CI+ module or smart card not found?please check it has been inserted correctly."

117 is E4  and it says " CI + module or smart card not found?please check it has been inserted correctly."

Both tvs have tvs cables coming from the same 2 aerial etc...so I'm unsure why I can't watch e4 on the lg?

On an aside I guess its possible to easily set up both tvs with all the available sat channels together and let the unavailable channels at the other end...?can I set it up to automatically do this itself?

Also is it normal that tvs guide - what's on each channel,between what times- is regularly blank and I need to press into a channel on the guide to see the programs that are on?if you understand what I'm trying to say!?

Thanks in advance
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

I'm going to be honest with you as I don't know the answer to why E4+1 can not be viewed on the LG or why the Samsung has several versions of the same station that do not work.
    If these are freeview stations it could be to do with your location as freeview is not usually available in the South of Ireland as it is UK based product.

Is the E4 stations coming in via Freeview or Saorview?
    Or is this from the satellite tuner?

I will have to get on of our service guys to get in contact with LG with the info you have supplied and see what they can tell us.

Have you tried giving LG a call them selves as they can remote dial into you set for trouble shooting.

I would say the extra station on the Samsung for E4 and E4+1 that don't work can be removed as it works on two of the other stations.

If you don't want to call LG yourself, leave it with me until tomorrow and I'll get oe of my team to give LG a call on your behalf and see if they can get any info.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Advertisement

Lg 49SK8500PLA...
    AND A 
    SAMSUNG UE55NU8000T

In the Samsung, 

Thanks in advance
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

I'm going to be honest with you as I don't know the answer to why E4+1 can not be viewed on the LG or why the Samsung has several versions of the same station that do not work.
    If these are freeview stations it could be to do with your location as freeview is not usually available in the South of Ireland as it is UK based product.

I will have to get on of our service guys to get in contact with LG with the info you have supplied and see what they can tell us.

Have you tried giving LG a call them selves as they can remote dial into you set for trouble shooting.

I would say the extra station on the Samsung for E4 and E4+1 that don't work can be removed as it works on two of the other stations.

If you don't want to call LG yourself, leave it with me until tomorrow and I'll get oe of my team to give LG a call on your behalf and see if they can get any info.

Hi Kenny, 

yeah it's either of both e4 channel (not e4 +1) that the LG doesn't work on...I haven't noticed if it also happens with any other channel but I noticed specifically e4 as I happen to watch it very often.......

Both tvs have channels that don't recieve a signal and they are still in the program list but it's ok.......

Yes both tvs have  twin tuners built in....
    I don't have sky or any channels provider or any paid subscription etc...
    There is a Saorview aerial in attic and a satellite dish on the chimney....

I have a Saorview aerial cable and a satellite aerial cable going into each tv( which all come from the same Saorview aerial and satellite dish etc)....

Yes these Are Freeview channels I'm asking about- but how would The lg tv not be able to show e4 and the Samsung is able to show it when both recieve the same signal etc...

The issue above is all to do with Freeview , nothing to do with Saorview as far as I know ....these 2 tvs are the newest thing in my house by About 6 or 7 years if you know what I mean...I Don't buy things just to upgrade etc, I only buy when the item I use completely dies etc!!...consequently, I'm not that good with fancy smart tvs etc as these 2 purchased are the first I've owned..

Off hand if you know is there a method to arranging the channels where all the working channels stay up the top etc?where the tv might  do this automatically if I asked it via the right settings etc?
    Or do I have to manually change every channel number etc ?..

I don't have  broadband in the house, but I use my mobile phone as a wfi hotspot & both tvs can get wfi off my phone etc...I never thought lg could remote dial in to look at the lg?...

I haven't called anyone regarding the lg e4 thing..I'm quiet happy asking you to look into this as I feel Ye would understand the issue and their response far better than me.....had I only bought one brand of tv, I wouldn't have noticed the non working e4 on the lg...thanks again...there isn't a particiliar rush in this, ie I don't have to have an answer tomorrow or Thursday, but I would like to know what's the reason and get e4 on the lg....thanks again,
    Adrian

Lg 49SK8500PLA...
    AND A 
    SAMSUNG UE55NU8000T

In the Samsung, 

Thanks in advance
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

Hi Kenny, 

yeah it's either of both e4 channel (not e4 +1) that the LG doesn't work on...I haven't noticed if it also happens with any other channel but I noticed specifically e4 as I happen to watch it very often.......

Both tvs have channels that don't recieve a signal and they are still in the program list but it's ok.......

Yes both tvs have  twin tuners built in....
    I don't have sky or any channels provider or any paid subscription etc...
    There is a Saorview aerial in attic and a satellite dish on the chimney....

I have a Saorview aerial cable and a satellite aerial cable going into each tv( which all come from the same Saorview aerial and satellite dish etc)....

Yes these Are Freeview channels I'm asking about- but how would The lg tv not be able to show e4 and the Samsung is able to show it when both recieve the same signal etc...

The issue above is all to do with Freeview , nothing to do with Saorview as far as I know ....these 2 tvs are the newest thing in my house by About 6 or 7 years if you know what I mean...I Don't buy things just to upgrade etc, I only buy when the item I use completely dies etc!!...consequently, I'm not that good with fancy smart tvs etc as these 2 purchased are the first I've owned..

Off hand if you know is there a method to arranging the channels where all the working channels stay up the top etc?where the tv might  do this automatically if I asked it via the right settings etc?
    Or do I have to manually change every channel number etc ?..

I don't have  broadband in the house, but I use my mobile phone as a wfi hotspot & both tvs can get wfi off my phone etc...I never thought lg could remote dial in to look at the lg?...

I haven't called anyone regarding the lg e4 thing..I'm quiet happy asking you to look into this as I feel Ye would understand the issue and their response far better than me.....had I only bought one brand of tv, I wouldn't have noticed the non working e4 on the lg...thanks again...there isn't a particiliar rush in this, ie I don't have to have an answer tomorrow or Thursday, but I would like to know what's the reason and get e4 on the lg....thanks again,
    Adrian

Hi Adrian.

I'll get one of my team to give LG a call this morning and see if they can give him an answer.
    They might want you to call them though as sometimes it can be hard for us to go through setting etc with them as we don't have the TV in front of us but we'll see what they say.

It could be to do with that it's a station on freeview which technically isn't broadcast into the South of Ireland as it is a UK based product, as you say there is no issue with Saorview which is the Irish version of freeview and the service for the South Of Ireland.
    It might be possible that the LG tuner may not be as good as the Samsung one or have a different licence.

The only way to arrange the channels once the TV has been tuned in is to manually do it unfortunately.

Regarding remote dial in by manufacturers, this is common place now a days with everything connected to the internet.
    A manufacturer can on a lot but not all smart products remote access you device and go through its settings etc....

There might be a small chance I could get on of our service engineers to call out but I'm not sure how this would work as they only do this for faulty products and I'd need to also check the cost involved in this.

I'll revert back once we get to speak to LG and see what they have to say.

Hi Kenny, that's all fine..see what they say..and we go from there..

.yes I can contact lg if they like...maybe if Ye are talking to someone in particular and Ye have explained the issue, it's best if I talk to that same person if possible...can Ye get me the name and number of who in lg to ring if that's the way forward....

Thanks for all
    Adrian

.yes I can contact lg if they like...maybe if Ye are talking to someone in particular and Ye have explained the issue, it's best if I talk to that same person if possible...can Ye get me the name and number of who in lg to ring if that's the way forward....

Thanks for all
    Adrian
    Hey Brooklands.

Just to double confirm.

Is the issue with E4 on the satellite tuner or the Terrestrial tuner?

While we are trying to get an answer you could also pop a post up in the satellite section of boards as there are some very technically minded people on there:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Thanks for all
    Adrian
    Hey Brooklands.

Just to double confirm.

While we are trying to get an answer you could also pop a post up in the satellite section of boards as there are some very technically minded people on there:
    Hey, 
    My understanding of terrestrial, is that that's the Saorview system?no issue with them...

The issue on the Lg with e4 ,is on the free to air channels via the satellite tuner etc....thanks for the info, yes I'll post it up in that area also...but I would expect that between yer experience and lg knowledge about their own tvs- I would figure that Ye would find the answer..
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks for all
    Adrian
    Hey Brooklands.

Just to double confirm.

Hey, 
    My understanding of terrestrial, is that that's the Saorview system?no issue with them...

The issue on the Lg with e4 ,is on the free to air channels via the satellite tuner etc....thanks for the info, yes I'll post it up in that area also...but I would expect that between yer experience and lg knowledge about their own tvs- I would figure that Ye would find the answer..
    Thanks
    Hey Adrian.

I'll get one of my guys to call LG now and see what they say.

While I do have a lot of knowledge, I don't have an answer on why that one station will not tune in via the satellite tuner.

We'll revert back once we've chatted to them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.