Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2018 - Round 21 – Abu Dhabi

• 21-11-2018 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭

As all the championships are decided we are in for some fun race, what might be boring.

DsIWE2UWsAAT1WP.jpg:small

All sessions on Sky F1, Channel 4 and the Online Service
    Friday November 23, Free Practice 1, 9:00-10:30
    Friday November 23, FP2, 13:00-14:30
    Saturday November 24, FP3, 10:00-11:00
    Saturday November 24, Qualifying, 13:00-14:00
    Sunday November 25, Race, 13:10-15:10

Predictions:
    Hamilton Win
    Ricciardio DNF
    Honda points

Talking points:
    Will Hamilton give a win back to Bottas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ha, so little interest the wrong title... Abu Dhabi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Joeface wrote: »
    Ha, so little interest the wrong title... Abu Dhabi

Ah that explains why the 2016 and 2017 races happened in springtime :D

@Mods please please please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

Harika wrote: »
    @Mods please please please

You can change it yourself, double click beside the word Bahrain in the forum view (clicking on empty space)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Inviere wrote: »
    You can change it yourself, double click beside the word Bahrain in the forum view (clicking on empty space)

Ah had to swap to advanced editing. Sorted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Could you imagine if liberty went the way of NASCAR? Doing a champ 4 for the final race. Best position wins championship in final race. And there's be so much hope for the final race of the season.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This is the last race at their current team for over half the grid. 12/20 are moving/leaving.

Despite this none of the 6 remaining on the grid for 2019 are changing engine suppliers. Gasly is joining Red Bull along with Honda. Leclerc, Sainz, Ricciardo, Stroll, Raikonnen are all moving between customer and factory teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Valltari Bottas is still the only driver out of the top three teams to have not won a race this season. He should have in Baku but got very unlucky. Would be nice to see him win this race. I think he will have to really up his game and come out fighting next season if he wants to stay at Mercedes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Kubica out on track now. Is he just doing the FP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

antodeco wrote: »
    Kubica out on track now. Is he just doing the FP?

0.164 behind Grosjean, given how much of a dog that Williams is that’s good going, I know he’s last at the moment but it’s close.

Ms

I know this session has very little relevance to what qualifying will be like but it was quiet a busy session with a lot going on. A few spins and a few hitting the barriers lightly. Also the new kerb at turn 20 proven a problem and might have to be repaired.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

AMKC wrote: »
    Valltari Bottas is still the only driver out of the top three teams to have not won a race this season. He should have in Baku but got very unlucky. Would be nice to see him win this race. I think he will have to really up his game and come out fighting next season if he wants to stay at Mercedes.

Should Mercedes be 1-2 towards the end, I can see Hamilton giving Valterri the race...credit when it is deserved, Lewis has shown in the past he is willing to be fair to Bottas (most likely because they're not competing with each other, but still).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Lewis-Hamilton-Mercedes-GP-Abu-Dhabi-Formel-1-23-November-2018-fotoshowBig-1cdac5fe-1213001.jpg

Lewis has No. 1 on his car this weekend.

Ms

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Lewis-Hamilton-Mercedes-GP-Abu-Dhabi-Formel-1-23-November-2018-fotoshowBig-1cdac5fe-1213001.jpg

Showing off and rubbing it in in case no knows lol :)
    Just seen there now he also still has number 44 on the back of the car. Never been done before. He also has a special gold colored crash helmet for this weekend too. Did not get to watch it all today had to go do a bit. Still have FP2 to watch :)

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

McLaren-GP-Abu-Dhabi-Formel-1-22-November-2018-fotoshowBig-4d083634-1212789.jpg

He was probably fed up with hearing that Vettel was the last one to use it at the same venue in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

d4639ac171a09e96b8af906232a86588.jpg

Running with his original helmet design on one half too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Eh....I still see 44 on the front. :confused:

Ms

He changed it back to his own number now I think.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    He changed it back to his own number now I think.

Yep. He only had it for FP1 on Friday.

Gasly's car has lost power now after he was eliminated in Q1 with Hartley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I know it's Q1, but LeClerc was purple in the first 2 sectors on his last lap, will be interesting to see what he can do in a Ferrari!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

And so ends Alonso's qualifying whitewash of Vandoorne. Jesus that's embarrassing for a professional driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Le Cler had a great first and second sector, I'm wondering what happened in the last sector as he was in for a first position with the lap.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Cool_CM wrote: »
    I know it's Q1, buy LeClerc was purple in the first 2 sectors on his last lap, will be interesting to see what he can do in a Ferrari!

Really looking forward to next season. He will surprise a lot of people I think. He's got something special

Hamilton a second faster than the Ferrari's and 7 tenths up on his teammate. Impressive lap

Alonso is out after Q2.

7 different constructors in the top 10. The midfield battle is still as close as ever

Hamilton wins pole yet again with a 1:34:794.

Ms

So Mercedes take 1 and 2 again for the fifth time in a row at Abu Dhabi. That is a new record for a constructer. This is Hamilton's first time on pole here. Last year it was Bottas and the three years before it was Rosberg.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

52 poles for Hamilton in the last 100 races, F1 is boring, too predictable and the competition aren’t upping their game enough. I didn’t even watch qualifying.

Did someone here mention that Hamilton would hand Bottas the victory if they stay as they are tomorrow?

• Advertisement
    Ms

52 poles for Hamilton in the last 100 races, F1 is boring, too predictable and the competition aren’t upping their game enough. I didn’t even watch qualifying.

Did someone here mention that Hamilton would hand Bottas the victory if they stay as they are tomorrow?

They did say if they are still 1 and 2 come the end of the race maybe he might give it to Bottas. Will be interesting to see if he does or not as he owes Bottas one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

skipper_G wrote: »
    And so ends Alonso's qualifying whitewash of Vandoorne. Jesus that's embarrassing for a professional driver.

That makes 26 in a row. Remarkable, given that Alonso also did the exact same to Piquet Jr in 2008.

Spectacular crash at the start of the F2 race yesterday. Russel came a way with the championship. All set for an interesting 2019 season with the new young whippersnappers and the Leclerc-Vettel battle.

Why is Will Smith on the driver's parade?

Why is Will Smith on the driver's parade?

For his role as Lewis Hamilton in a new biopic movie...

Ms

That makes 26 in a row. Remarkable, given that Alonso also did the exact same to Piquet Jr in 2008.

Spectacular crash at the start of the F2 race yesterday. Russel came a way with the championship. All set for an interesting 2019 season with the new young whippersnappers and the Leclerc-Vettel battle.

Just seen that on the Sky one show this morning. Charlie Whiting at to duck in his little cabin in case the debre came through but thankfully none did.
    The race is on Sky One this weekend. I will be watching it on C4 do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

antodeco wrote: »
    For his role as Lewis Hamilton in a new biopic movie...

I don't know if you're serious or not, because I could totally see Hollywood trying it ;)

I like a lot of what Liberty are trying, but that one doesn't work for me at all. The clue is in the name, driver's parade, not random annoying celebrity parade

• Advertisement

I don't know if you're serious or not, because I could totally see Hollywood trying it ;)

I like a lot of what Liberty are trying, but that one doesn't work for me at all. The clue is in the name, driver's parade, not random annoying celebrity parade

Not being serious but if it does happen, you heard it here first! I want my royalties!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Damn - I thought Will Smith was one of the good guys. Wouldn’t give Sky two words on the grid!

callaway92 wrote: »
    Damn - I thought Will Smith was one of the good guys. Wouldn’t give Sky two words on the grid!

He probably hates Sky in fairness. I dislike them so much because of how they "own" so many sports (I know it's a business etc etc). Much prefer giving my viewing to the "little guy" Channel 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

It looked like the lady was trying to explain to him something he had to do... and he did say "not right now" so I think it was just a timing thing.

Calling it now. Bottas and Hamilton to touch!

• Advertisement
    Ms

Oh Nico out. That was bad.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Holy crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jesus, Hülk!

Ms

**** that's scary and he can't get out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Jesus and he cant get out:eek:

oh ok they have the car righted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

This is the bad side of the halo

Ms

Who hit Nico?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Don’t like the way the halo stops you from getting out

Ms

He is out that's good. He is so unlucky sometimes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Will Smith is an idiot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement