Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confined Competition for Executive Officer 2018 An Garda Siochana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hellr

is the one in four a mistake as the ratio as supported by trade unions and monitored by DPER are 1 externally to 4 internally

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sun cream

hellr wrote: »
    is the one in four a mistake as the ratio as supported by trade unions and monitored by DPER are 1 externally to 4 internally

I didn't know that, I hope it is a mistake. I was told that by union rep but hopefully I took it up the wrong way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

hellr wrote: »

These numbers are off the wall. The correct ratio is 40% of positions are to be from the Open panel, 30% from the Interdepartmental and 30% from the Internal Panel. This was agreed under PSSA.

The old figures were 2 people from Open, 1 interdepartmental and 1 from Internal panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smacklass

Hi guys,

Just wondering has anyone heard anything today. Was told by my Union Rep 2 weeks ago that they were expecting HR Navan to issue the results today???

smacklass wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering has anyone heard anything today. Was told by my Union Rep 2 weeks ago that they were expecting HR Navan to issue the results today???

Results should issue through PAS because they ran the competition on behalf of AGS. I had heard the 12th but id imagine as the interviews only finished last Friday it will be another week. Also PAS love dumping the results at 4.55 on a Friday evening lol

babydream wrote: »
    Results should issue through PAS because they ran the competition on behalf of AGS. I had heard the 12th but id imagine as the interviews only finished last Friday it will be another week. Also PAS love dumping the results at 4.55 on a Friday evening lol

PAS have told all of us that have rang that Garda HR will be issuing the results internally & not through Public Jobs....

Just hope they will come direct to our Personal Mailbox not through the Divisional Office!

PAS have told all of us that have rang that Garda HR will be issuing the results internally & not through Public Jobs....

Oh I never rang them so wasn't aware of that. Could be today or any day really all we can do is wait

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pixveyclare

I was thinking they might be posted out as we had to write out our postal addresses before the interviews.

I was thinking they might be posted out as we had to write out our postal addresses before the interviews.

I think they usually post them out to Guards now that you mention it. Might get them when we go home or on Monday

Gard to Sgt & Sgt to Insp all got theirs straight to their email last round.

I just hope they do it that way for ours & it doesn't get held up coming by snail mail through the different offices & different people find out at different times!

• Advertisement

Has anyone rang HR and asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sue42

Rang PAS today. They don’t have a timeline. Data is currently with HR. PAS are awaiting instructions from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nickidd

I phoned Navan HR yesterday and they said the results are not ready and when they are we will get a message from PAS. I think the more people that phone them the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 disliking shift work

I emailed PAS on Thursday and was told they were hoping to have the results out next week. They were ready to go but they were waiting on approval from Garda HQ.
    So many different answers given to so many people. The sooner they're out the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fashionlady26

I rang and they told me its a Garda competition and nothing to do with PAS and they would just be sendjng out the results when HR release them to PAS. Not a very friendly fella on the phone. But I would say they will be out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 honthetown

Probably be emailed at 4 on Thursday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LM4C

Ah no. They're taking from the other interdepartmental one too? Then what is the point of having our own one? I betcha this doesn't happen in Revenue's internal competitions.
    They do exactly the same with revenue internal competitions. It's so disheartening.

PAS Update as of this morning - The lad I was talking to in PAS told me Garda HQ & PAS are arguing over how many positions there are for a straight promotion & how many they require to place people on a panel so the likelihood of any results being out today is very slim!

That seems odd. Surely it would be solely down to HR about how many positions are needed. Like PAS wouldn’t know that information

• Advertisement

Sue42 wrote: »
    That seems odd. Surely it would be solely down to HR about how many positions are needed. Like PAS wouldn’t know that information

That was my thoughts exactly....?? Is it not down to the employer how many people they want or need?

That was my thoughts exactly....?? Is it not down to the employer how many people they want or need?

Yeah surely it would have to be! PAS can’t dictate how many positions are available in each department. Unless they’re trying to put us off the scent and they are releasing them today....ugh wishful thinking! All we want is a rough estimate. No one seems to know what’s happening!

Ok HR just sent an e mail which said it will be after Easter break and it could even be the end of April! Least it’s better knowing

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Ok HR just sent an e mail which said it will be after Easter break and it could even be the end of April! Least it’s better knowing

It is better knowing but really how hard are they trying, we have been waiting long enough!

Samjd wrote: »
    It is better knowing but really how hard are they trying, we have been waiting long enough!

They are not trying....they never do they are only ever happy when they are making a joke of us! I put in my mobility this afternoon....I'm done being a donkey for them!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Sbibii121

Samjd wrote: »
    reading threads from other comps lots of positions being offered in AGS but no-one wants them, could be good for this one

I noticed a lot of Open EO posts seem to be for AGS, should they not wait until the panel is ready from this comp?

Im in the open EO comp and posted to AGS.. And your right alot of people weren't to thrilled about AGS posting. And a few thought it should have been a separate competition. I think it was alot to do with the extended security clearance time frame. At this stage glad to have the opportunity and hope it's interesting. Good luck with your competition/panel

• Advertisement

This Friday, 4:55 for the results ?

This Friday, 4:55 for the results ?

Im thinking next Friday its a bank holiday weekend and they love dropping results on them.

Im thinking next Friday its a bank holiday weekend and they love dropping results on them.

That’s true, but in the e mail they said end of April, and that’s Tuesday so here’s hoping

I have been in contact with Navan today and they have said that the results are being issued through PAS.

They didn’t say when they would be issued.

honthetown wrote: »
    I have been in contact with Navan today and they have said that the results are being issued through PAS.

They didn’t say when they would be issued.

PAS say they are sitting there waiting to be released but Navan need to give them the go ahead to release them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow girl

Just heard it will be Tuesday, and so the wait continues.....

Just heard it will be Tuesday, and so the wait continues.....

Ugh, where did you hear that, is it reliable info?

Divisional HR this morning, its at a stage now where its like where's wally, the new co campaign launched this morning for Dublin states

PAS will establish a panel of suitably qualified individuals to fill vacancies which may arise in the Civil Service within County Dublin only.

PAS initially expect to fill approximately 250 vacancies following the interviews held on the date below and intends to only call such a number of candidates to interview to fill these vacancies on that date. Candidates may receive their interview result on the day of interview and those candidates who are successful at interview may also receive a provisional letter of assignment.

How can it move so fast there, I did my interview on the 20th March!!

That competition is being run to let people who are currently TCOs become permanent members of staff.

How else could they get results and placement so quickly.

I didn't see anything to say its for TCO's . We are CO's in the same dept for this competition so your logic would suggest the same speed for this.

I didn't see anything to say its for TCO's . We are CO's in the same dept for this competition so your logic would suggest the same speed for this.

It doesn’t specifically say it’s for TCOs but my reading of it is that it is a competition to get them made permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

honthetown wrote: »
    It doesn’t specifically say it’s for TCOs but my reading of it is that it is a competition to get them made permanent.

I thought you cannot go from TCO to a permanent position? It's different competitions and different panels?

D day....or no!

D day....or no!

Better be!!!! If they don't get them out today then forget it. Its been 3 and half weeks since the interviews finished up.

Better be!!!! If they don't get them out today then forget it. Its been 3 and half weeks since the interviews finished up.

Just want to know now, one way or the other. Don’t know if I can see them releasing them on a Tuesday though....

• Advertisement

Just want to know now, one way or the other. Don’t know if I can see them releasing them on a Tuesday though....

I'm the same I don't even care about the result just want them. If they leave us waiting until Friday that's not fair, that would be a month after interviews

I'm the same I don't even care about the result just want them. If they leave us waiting until Friday that's not fair, that would be a month after interviews

I know. Was over a month ago that mine was! Think they’re just sitting on them because they don’t know where to send people. Grand, but still let us know!

I know. Was over a month ago that mine was! Think they’re just sitting on them because they don’t know where to send people. Grand, but still let us know!

At this rate there wont be any positions to fill, they are hiring a huge amount from the Open EO panel. The PAF administrator should only be for internal candidates. You need a good knowledge of how AGS works and terminology especially for the that role

Some people have results!

did they get them from PAS or HR

did they get them from PAS or HR

PAS!

PAS!

I got nothing yet wonder are they doing them by successful/unsuccessful

I got nothing yet wonder are they doing them by successful/unsuccessful

What I’ve heard so far has been unsuccessful

What I’ve heard so far has been unsuccessful

Nobody here has heard anything, they may be doing them by division or Region

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 sun cream

Cavan is in, successful. 😀

Advertisement