Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confined Competition for Executive Officer 2018 An Garda Siochana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

I got my Cork result, happy thank God

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

sun cream wrote: »
    Cavan is in, successful. ��
    Samjd wrote: »
    I got my Cork result, happy thank God

Congrats guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cecjd

Do ppl mind me asking what number they got placed?
    Anyone have any idea how many ppl will be called??

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow girl

Got results for my second choice waiting on first choice results. Congrats to everyone who passed so far, hard luck to those who didn't its always worth a shot. I have tried many times and my luck was in this time hopefully they will reach my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smacklass

Got results for my second choice waiting on first choice results. Congrats to everyone who passed so far, hard luck to those who didn't its always worth a shot. I have tried many times and my luck was in this time hopefully they will reach my number.

Just out of interest where was your second choice? Are they going in alphabetically?

• Advertisement

first choice is Wicklow second is Dublin. As far as I am aware they go alphabetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smacklass

first choice is Wicklow second is Dublin. As far as I am aware they go alphabetically.

Thanks... & congratulations!!!! I've Wexford (1) & Waterford (2) so I might have my results by the weekend! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pixveyclare

Got through the interview too. Delighted :) Well done to you all.

Got through both too shocked and delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fashionlady26

Hopefully all counties will released today. How far down the alphabet are we now? Anyone past the letter “D” yet

• Advertisement

I would hope everything will be out today. Could be up to five o clock before they're all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fashionlady26

kilkenny and Limerick are out

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pixveyclare

Wonder what the next step will be. When will they start offering positions from the panel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Itmehahaha wrote: »
    1st 8 will get called thats it

What first 8?

This panel is active for two years. Id say they will fill the PAF and PEMS first where there is a Garda currently filling that post.

More will be called once they start rolling out the Divisional Hubs and of course to cover the huge amount of retirements they are expecting over the next two years.

For those in Dublin there should be a good few positions available in HQ and Harcourt Square as to they begin moving Garda and Sgts out of Admin roles.

Well done to everyone who was successful, I think its safe to say we all deserve it as its been 12 years since we had this opportunity. For those who weren't successful, apparently HR have committed to running an EO competition every 2 years as they want to constantly have a panel available to them to speed up the filling of positions. The Vetting procedure slows things down immensely for new staff starting in AGS. Its currently taking a 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hellr

Just in case anyone missed it at the bottom of the email it requested you to reaffirm your code of ethics, sign it and send it back

I thought that was only to be done on offer of position?

no it says all candidates and I sent it and received an acknowledgment thanking me for my assistance

Heard a murmur about offers on Friday, anybody else hear it?

Heard a murmur about offers on Friday, anybody else hear it?

No, number 1 in my area hasn’t heard anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 sun cream

No, number 1 in my area hasn’t heard anything.

I've haven't heard anything either. It would be great if it was, is this reliable info?

I rang PAS today and they said they are completely finished with the competition that it's all down to hr now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Burton

Hi all, I am placed in the top 20 in Dublin but am not expecting to be placed for a number of months as HR currently have at least 50 people from the external competition that require placements before they get to people from our competition.

Kinda sucks cause if they hadn't made a balls of that online fiasco of a day the first time around we would have finished at the same time as the external competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Andrew55

Burton wrote: »
    Hi all, I am placed in the top 20 in Dublin but am not expecting to be placed for a number of months as HR currently have at least 50 people from the external competition that require placements before they get to people from our competition.

Kinda sucks cause if they hadn't made a balls of that online fiasco of a day the first time around we would have finished at the same time as the external competition.

They still need to adher to the 40/30/30 quota and if they owe numbers to Internal or either of the other two groups that will determine which group the next person is pulled from. If as it would appear they have recruited a lot from Open panel then that would possibly mean that for Internal quota to catch up they will require to pull from Internal first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

I heard from a friend who works in Gisc that there is some trouble in there over this competition. It seems some people were allowed through to interview with a ''not suitable'' from the manager and AP. They are now featured high on the panel.
    The union are questioning this now, more delays !! This comp has been a disaster from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 davyanne

I don't know if that's accurate. We weren't asked to furnish form in advance of interview, just to present it, duly completed at interview.

The recommendation means nothing if it's checked after the interview and the person still gets placed ? Im confused tbh

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    I heard from a friend who works in Gisc that there is some trouble in there over this competition. It seems some people were allowed through to interview with a ''not suitable'' from the manager and AP. They are now featured high on the panel.
    The union are questioning this now, more delays !! This comp has been a disaster from the beginning.

This form doesn't stop you going for interview. The Interviewer only looks at it, you have a right to appeal/disagree with your supervisors recommendation. An AP/Supt cannot stop you going for promotion.

People will be vetted between placing on the panel and being offered a position. Sick leave and attendance records, any disciplinary proceedings etc will all be checked before people are offered a place.

If you do not pass this part you will have lost your place on the panel and they will move to the next person on that panel

babydream wrote: »
    This form doesn't stop you going for interview. The Interviewer only looks at it, you have a right to appeal/disagree with your supervisors recommendation. An AP/Supt cannot stop you going for promotion.

People will be vetted between placing on the panel and being offered a position. Sick leave and attendance records, any disciplinary proceedings etc will all be checked before people are offered a place.

If you do not pass this part you will have lost your place on the panel and they will move to the next person on that panel

You are saying when it comes to checking the applicants records, the form will be checked and the person rejected? am i reading you wrong ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

No.1 in Donegal got an offer yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Aisling09

Congratulations, that's great, how did the offer come through, email from PAS, phonecall?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

Aisling09 wrote: »
    Congratulations, that's great, how did the offer come through, email from PAS, phonecall?

It wasn't me unfortunately!!! It was a phone call from Garda HR then followed by an email. So no PAS involved. They accepted straight away bit no.2 hasn't heard anything since.

It wasn't me unfortunately!!! It was a phone call from Garda HR then followed by an email. So no PAS involved. They accepted straight away bit no.2 hasn't heard anything since.

That's great to hear there is movement on it at least. Have they still to do all the HR checks like sick leave or has that been done before the offer came out?

It look like the offers will be one by one in each area, a slow process surprise surprise. If anyone is offered something other than PAF can they let us know please.

So the offers have started here's a quick question, what number have they reached in your area that you know of? In Wicklow it's #2 as far as I am aware. Both PALF. Might give us some information??

• Advertisement

So the offers have started here's a quick question, what number have they reached in your area that you know of? In Wicklow it's #2 as far as I am aware. Both PALF. Might give us some information??

I haven't heard anyone having been offered anything in Dublin. Rang HR and was told they are sending offers this week but not very helpful

They offered as far as 13 in tipp yesterday I heard they are offering in limerick today

hellr wrote: »
    They offered as far as 13 in tipp yesterday I heard they are offering in limerick today

Wow! thanks for that, any ideas what kind of positions they were?

up to #4 in Wicklow, all PAF offers

Wow, still at Number 1 in Cork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 derryleigh1

Wow, still at Number 1 in Cork!

I thought there were at No 2 in Cork, either one, its so so slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 plectrum

Process is slow as districts must provide the reg number of a guard before an EO position is sanctioned - many districts/divisions did not. Only positions on offer are PAF Adms - if refused you’re gone off the list so the people at the top of the lists have to take PAF or else loose their chance of promotion. Those further down the list might get the nicer jobs when civilianisation of positions agreed. Garda HRM does it again - civil servants in the Garda area probably the worst treated of all civil servants

Sorry for my ignorance but what is PAF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 michelleryan81

Burton wrote: »
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is PAF?

Each guard has a PAF screen which shows all the incidents they are investigating. As a PAF administrator you would be actioning the member on behalf of the Supt to have certain things done within a certain time frame. You go through each incident within the last 24hrs and Action the members... that's a very rough outline of what PAF is!

Ah thank you very much

Just wanted to say I got a position and it’s not a PAF position

Congratulations. PEMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 honthetown

Any movement in Dublin yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mitchells33

Any idea what numbers they are at in Kilkenny and Tipperary?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 plectrum

Amazed that a general EO position has been filled. Typical Garda HRM behavior - change the rules whenever it suits as FORSA won’t stand by its members. I was assured last week by a HEO in HRM that only PAF Adm positions were being offered and that anyone who refused PAF was removed from the list. Congratulations on your promotion and every best wish in your career.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 honthetown

The impression that I got from the Directive was that PEMS and PAF roles would be filled from the panel but that the panel could also be used to fill other EO roles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement