Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what (if anything) are we buying for Black Friday?

Options
  • 21-11-2018 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has bought/is eyeing up anything particular in the Black Friday madness.

I am trying to cut back on my purchases however I do see the value in stocking up when theres value to be had!

So far I've bought a load of bits in the Beauty Bay pre black friday sale which has been on for about a week now. Stocked up on beauty blenders (33x 8.40 each) and bought an ABH palette (modern renaissance) for €38 as well as some bits from Zoeva, Stila and Wet'n'Wild. Spent about €160 but had some money built up on my paypal from an item I sold on Adverts, so it didnt feel like real money :)

I also bought 3x Image Gift Sets. I periodically try other skin care brands (was very excited about The Ordinary when it first launched, but now.... meh) and always go back to Image. My skin feels fantastic when I go on a good run of using their products, and they also make my favorite daily SPF products which I'm never without. By buying 3 giftsets, I have enough spf and cleansers to last me the year (I did something similar last year so I know how long they last) as well as some lovely serums. I bought on Millies.ie where the sets (which are cheaper than buying the items individually) were reduced by about 20% on average. I also got a few set of miniatures which will be great for travel because I spent over a certain amount.

I'm going to try to resist everything else as I know both of the above were hefty, but the way I look at it, I shouldnt need any makeup/skincare for a long time to come!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Trying also to cut down on makeup purchases but I might have to indulge in one or two items :p

Like the look of this on Beauty Bay and it's a good price. https://www.beautybay.com/p/anastasia-beverly-hills/sun-dipped-glow-kit/

Might keep my eye out for some brushes but there's not a huge amount I need :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

So far,
    From BB Oskia Cleanser and a few cheap sheet masks.
    From Cult Beauty, Becca under eye corrector, Jade Facial Roller and Sol De Janerio travel set (I want to try this bum bum cream!)

I want to get the ABH Sultry Pallete, can't see it on sale yet

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Urban Decay on Grafton Street have 25% off practically everything.... got this year’s summer pallet at lunchtime today for €27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

GingerLily wrote: »

I want to get the ABH Sultry Pallete, can't see it on sale yet

I've not seen the Sultry Palette on sale yet either, I think because its the newest its least likely to be on sale. You might get a deal if they do a blanket 15/20% off on any of the sites or maybe worth keeping an eye on the Arnotts website if they do an offer.

Used my Modern Renaissance for the first time yesterday, the colours are so powerful, just touching the brush off a colour picks up so much pigment. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Not quite Black Friday, but just got my hands on the Mac Advent Calendar! Bloody delighted! Had my eye on it since it came out but kept missing the restocks! Woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Just bought the Huda Beauty Rose Gold Remastered palette!

Very impulsive....

It has a lot of blending shades and lighter glitters, so I know I'll get use from it, I don't tend to use very bold colours, especially bold mattes.

Got it on Cult Beauty with 15% off

Advertisement