Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire for kids on Kindle Fire 7

• 21-11-2018 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone give me the idiot guide to getting Fire for kids onto a Kindle Fire 7 (2017 edition) tablet?

It appears to be geo locked so i can't get the option for subscribing to fire for kids in Ireland.

I thought I had seen this done previously but I can't seem to find a thread with instructions.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Just wondering how you got on with this? Thinking of getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

It can be done. When you're setting up the kindle use an English address. Did it for my nephew at Christmas and it worked a treat. The kindle was bought in the UK though.

Kilsmum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I ended up buying a fire for kids tablet in the sales at the time.

It wasn't working until I set the default address to be the Parcel Motel one for their depot in Northern Ireland. Then the account seemed to become properly active.

I've found it good in that there is a wide selection of apps which have all proven safe and there are no in-app purchases to worry about. The interface is a little clunky in some ways (a lot of scrolling required to find apps by the child) but for older children it wouldn't be a bother.

Advertisement