Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redmi Note 5 3/32gb €139.99 pre-pay from three (unlocked)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Says 134.99 UK pounds for me when I go on that link. I don't normally like phones when they have the word 'lite' in the description, normally means some features are cut down from a flagship model. But it does look like it's got decent specs
    They changed price last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Love the non slip cover they supply free of charge in the box of the redmi note 5 makes the phone feel much nicer too as well as a better grip

what results do you get on antutu benchmark? what processor is in this xiaomi note 5 from three.ie? because I read that there are 2 types of xiomi note 5, one is with stronger processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 and another is with Snapdragon 625.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

bondja80 wrote: »
    what results do you get on antutu benchmark? what processor is in this xiaomi note 5 from three.ie? because I read that there are 2 types of xiomi note 5, one is with stronger processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 and another is with Snapdragon 625.

https://www.three.ie/online/voice/prepay/xiaomi-redmi-note-5/?src=p

Neither 626

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭corkie

There is only one Global/China version of the Redmi Note 5[WHYRED] 636cpu!

There is a version with 625, the Redmi 5 Plus, rebranded and sold only in India as the Redmi Note 5.

And to confuse the matter, India sell a WHYRED as Redmi Note 5 Pro! ~~~ With different camera's.

Confusion explain in depth in this thread.

• Advertisement

blimey - this is a surprise to me. I just downloaded antutu to it and found out it doesnt have NFC - bit of a shocker that, I just thought it was a given these days that all mobiles had them built in for android pay and transfers and all - well especially a phone with 2 cameras and octacore and so many other features like this phone has ... sure maybe if it was a 50eur phone entry level .. well surprise to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭corkie

blimey - this is a surprise to me. I just downloaded antutu to it and found out it doesnt have NFC - bit of a shocker that, I just thought it was a given these days that all mobiles had them built in for android pay and transfers and all - well especially a phone with 2 cameras and octacore and so many other features like this phone has ... sure maybe if it was a 50eur phone entry level .. well surprise to me

Xiaomi's main market is China, where they don't utilize NFC, they have alternative methods for payment.

Edit:- Why QR codes trump NFC in China

corkie wrote: »
    Xiaomi's main market is China, where they don't utilize NFC , they have alternative methods for payment.

oh right that must be it then

this would have been one of those things (where it has 2 versions) that they might have not put NFC on the China version ... but included it on the Global Version maybe

here i have grabbed some screenshots from Antutu thing...

466848.jpg466849.jpg466850.jpg466851.jpg466852.jpg

continued on next post..

cont ...

466853.jpg466854.jpg466855.jpg466856.jpg466857.jpg

• Advertisement

Ok nice specs, it is Snapdragon 636. Only downside is no NFC and is not possible to use 2 sim cards and micro sd card at the same time.
    I ordered Xiaomi mi A2 lite for 130e on amazon yesterday. It has weaker processor Snapdragon 625 and it scores only 76.500 on antutu, also it's android one os(miui os is better). Probably I will return it and will order xiaomi note 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

How does it compare to

motorola moto g6 Play 5.7-Inch Android 8.0 Oreo SIM-Free Smartphone with 3GB RAM and 32GB Storage (Dual Sim) - Deep Indigo (Exclusive to Amazon) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CGJTL8J/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_EtL-Bb6H66ETV

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

bondja80 wrote:
    Ok nice specs, it is Snapdragon 636. Only downside is no NFC and is not possible to use 2 sim cards and micro sd card at the same time. I ordered Xiaomi mi A2 lite for 130e on amazon yesterday. It has weaker processor Snapdragon 625 and it scores only 76.500 on antutu, also it's android one os(miui os is better). Probably I will return it and will order xiaomi note 5.

Miui I'd the worst android experience. Period.

The note 5 is definitely not better than the mi A2 lite, regardless if what antutu says. I've used both, a2 lite is the better phone for me.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Miui I'd the worst android experience. Period.

The note 5 is definitely not better than the mi A2 lite, regardless if what antutu says. I've used both, a2 lite is the better phone for me.
    Ok, I will try both phones, and after decide. I like miui because there are thousands of themes to choose.
    And which camera you like better?

cont ...

466853.jpg466854.jpg466855.jpg466856.jpg466857.jpg
    Hi Andy, can I use 2 sim cards and micro sd card together at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,191 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There is a general hack for this which involves glueing the SIM card to the SDHC card and inserting both into the slot. Find a how-to video on YouTube?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    There is a general hack for this which involves glueing the SIM card to the SDHC card and inserting both into the slot. Find a how-to video on YouTube?
    ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,191 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ok thanks

At your own risk, obviously. :)

Not your ornery onager

You can get an adapter that fits too. AliExpress has them.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You can get an adapter that fits too. AliExpress has them.
    yes, checked on youtube. one part of adapter stays outside and looks very ugly. first method is better.

• Advertisement

what do you think is it worth to order xiaomi redmi note 6 pro(3gb 32gb) for 157e from europe?

I havent tried it to be honest yet but I will do - I think its a hybrid holder tho or whatever they call it

It doesn't need to be on the outside either.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

If you have to start glueing sh1t just buy a different phone, come on!!

If somebody is interested, xiaomi note 6 pro(3gb 32 gb) for 157e shipping from europe union 3-7 business days.
    https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009525616845.html?wid=1090517#goodsDetail

If somebody is interested, xiaomi note 6 pro(3gb 32 gb) for 157e shipping from europe union 3-7 business days.
    https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009525616845.html?wid=1090517#goodsDetail

wow is it really a 6.26 ? - it must be a huge phone / phablet - be good for someone like me though with bad eyesite close up objects .

I have had to install Big Font app on my Redmi 5 Note - but unfortunately it hasnt largened the small notification bar at the top - looks like i will have to root and load Lineage N OS to get the notification bar bigger.

also Xiaomi Redmi 6 5.45 inch 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Global Version for 125e eu warehouse 2-5 working days.
    https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009227666901.html?wid=1101231

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

also Xiaomi Redmi 6 5.45 inch 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Global Version for 125e eu warehouse 2-5 working days.
    https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009227666901.html?wid=1101231

How do you know its from eu warehouse.I can't see it on the website.

• Advertisement

ralphie wrote: »
    How do you know its from eu warehouse.I can't see it on the website.
    because delivery time is 2-5 working days, and when is from china then it says cn or hk and is much longer delivery time.
    check this site, says that fast-08 is warehouse in poland.
    https://couponsfromchina.com/2018/03/26/gearbest-warehouse-location/

Advertisement