Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Delaney at the FAI Thread - (Mod Notes in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

The mans a disgrace!

He earns a few grand less than the whole prize money in the LOI!

I pray to God he’s done something illegal and gets the book thrown at him!

Proper Protest needed Tues. They can’t stop 10,000 odd chanting about Delaney

I agree with your wishes but the guy will undoubtedly have every angle covered. The only chance is that he has been ducking and diving and getting away with all sorts (not illegal just morally bankrupt) and will have let his guard down. Maybe if other FAI board members start to feel the heat and self preservation kicks in he might get a bit of a shove for whatever that will be worth.

This will be spun as him delivering the FAI out of a hole and doing tearjerking selfless act for the organisation he loves more than the money he makes from it.

Where would you get it though, a guy payed way over the odds relative to similar positions in other countries giving a loan to his employers!? Even if he had said he took a temporary pay cut for a spell, and the association spun it as paying back pay it wouldnt cause such head scratching! As smart as they think they are they have made a ball of this one!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Augme wrote: »
    I’m going Tuesday myself

This is your problem. Once you have paid and go then I doubt a protest is going to be much of a annoyance to them. If people actually wanted rid of Delaney they wouldn't attend full stop.

Free Ticket (have never been to Lansdowne Rd or Aviva unless Dundalk were playing or cup finals)

Going soley for the purpose of the banner along with another 2 Dundalk fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Unfortunately I could never see an Irish national team protest working in Ireland. You will always get the 'How dare you not support your country, I'll be going rain, hail or CEO taking dodgy money' crowd who only see the football part blindingly. The 'I don't support John Delaney (but in reality do), I support Ireland' etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Delaney is going to have to walk the plank pure and simple. My initial thoughts were the biggest concern here has to be as an organization how nobody saw fit to blow the whistle before now. Or was there a drip down trickle effect of payoffs to others in the lower management of the FAI either in perks or cash to hush up. We could be rotten further down then we think too. Wouldn’t be too sorry to see fûckers get involved with the Gardaí, loosing your job and reputation might be only a minor inconvenience compared to loosing your liberty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Free Ticket (have never been to Lansdowne Rd or Aviva unless Dundalk were playing or cup finals)

Going soley for the purpose of the banner along with another 2 Dundalk fans

Careful now! JD might start disliking us and shaft us somehow:mad: Go dressed in Waterford gear and confuse him lol
    On a serious note it is this type of fear that he has created that cemented his position. Anybody who speaks out he will do all he can to make life as difficult as possible, usually by not allowing grants applications be successful. Any real protests need to come from the entire footballing community if the cabal is to be truly broken! Maybe his lives have run out. There is the impression that there are some people in government, Sport Ireland that are looking for something to create change. So far the PAC has had a pop and will have another one now it seems. Sport Ireland could pull financial support.

Some of Delaney's defenders seems to think that just because people may want him out that they also have to come up with a comprehensive document on how and what form the F.A.I. will take and even then it can just be disagreed with and be called 'dummies'. Same with the O'Neill out saga, nobody could possibly be good enough to replace O'Neill and again whinged about because supporters didn't have some comprehensive multi page plan on how Irish football should be run and therefore everyone was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,464 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Corholio wrote: »
    Some of Delaney's defenders seems to think that just because people may want him out that they also have to come up with a comprehensive document on how and what form the F.A.I. will take and even then it can just be disagreed with and be called 'dummies'. Same with the O'Neill out saga, nobody could possibly be good enough to replace O'Neill and again whinged about because supporters didn't have some comprehensive multi page plan on how Irish football should be run and therefore everyone was wrong.

Well not really.

For as long as I can remember the FAI have been a mess, it's not just since Delaney took over.

Therefore just replacing Delaney is not going to necessarily get the results most people want.

And what is the result people want anyway ?

Ask anyone why they want Delaney out and they will tell you "he is over paid" and some other waffle about "the LOI"

The guy/gal who replaces him will be just as well compensated and the LOI has been a basket case since Delaney was a child.

So what do people want after "Delaney out" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

shanec1928 wrote: »

Yeah that's hilarious.

The FAI invite the Dail committee members to dinner and drinks a week before JD is due to testify.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

So what do people want after "Delaney out" ?

They don’t know, most can’t even put a decent case together of why he should go, they’ll attack anyone who asks them for the reasons why he has failed irish football and if ireland suddenly started winning games they’d be the first to abandon their calls for his sacking and become silently complicit cheerleaders again for the Irish team.

While some of us here actually analyze the situation and realize there’s a large amount that will remain completely the same if Delaney goes unless you put a strategy together of what you want after he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Dots1982 wrote: »
    They don’t know, most can’t even put a decent case together of why he should go, they’ll attack anyone who asks them for the reasons why he has failed irish football and if ireland suddenly started winning games they’d be the first to abandon their calls for his sacking and become silently complicit cheerleaders again for the Irish team.

While some of us here actually analyze the situation and realize there’s a large amount that will remain completely the same if Delaney goes unless you put a strategy together of what you want after he goes.

Oh well youve sold me.. let the joker stay so.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Oh well youve sold me.. let the charlatan stay so.

Why bother get rid when you’ll get the next in line from the FAI on the exact same money with the exact same cronies.

Look you don’t have to respect my opinion but I’m not going to respect yours unless you have a plan for Irish football.

What we should be discussing is how to improve Irish football. Is there anyone with ideas of how to do that? Or is the plan to just sack Delaney and then we automatically have a bright shining future.

There's been plenty of cases here over a long period of time over why Delaney has been skating by for years as a self serving, incompetent, overly paid leader of a largely unsuccessful plethora of football levels. Just because you put together a 'plan', regardless if it's vague, madcap or not, doesn't mean your opinion is any stronger than any others. It's long been said that the F.A.I. has needed a huge shakeup for many years, back when O'Byrne was there and before him. Please don't act as if some 'plan' and 'analysing' on a message board is somehow better than other peoples opinions. You'd disgaree with any varying argument anyway and call them Dummies. It's like O'Neills reign all over again.

There's been lots and lots of posts of people with ideas on the Ireland thread here about how things could change, to act as if your some sort of visionary is ridiculous.

Corholio wrote: »
    There's been plenty of cases here over a long period of time over why Delaney has been skating by for years as a self serving, incompetent, overly paid leader of a largely unsuccessful plethora of football levels. Just because you put together a 'plan', regardless if it's vague, madcap or not, doesn't mean your opinion is any stronger than any others. It's long been said that the F.A.I. has needed a huge shakeup for many years, back when O'Byrne was there and before him. Please don't act as if some 'plan' and 'analysing' on a message board is somehow better than other peoples opinions. You'd disgaree with any varying argument anyway and call them Dummies. It's like O'Neills reign all over again.

Ok, all that’s worth listening to here in my opinion is ideas on how to improve Irish football. That’s where we can find interesting things to discuss.

Obviously the topic is called John Delaney so it’s not like you shouldn’t discuss him but as I say all I find interesting now is ideas around the game here. I think that’s fair enough.

There's a list as long as your arm why he should go.

Anytime someone mentions them, you seem to ignore it.

These are just some from another forum.

Andorra – there is no general admission tickets going on sale, don’t travel to Andorra. Lies
    · John Delaney saying he wants to appoint a fans liaison officer after this game to ensure ticket gate doesn’t happen again – there already is an FLO in place and other people have been rejected by the FAI to take up this role
    · The Chief Security Officer and Commercial and Marketing Director both promising fans in Georgia they would get tickets whom were subsequently declined
    · John Delaney saying you would need the wisdom of Solomon to distribute tickets despite YBIG offering a transparent scheme
    · John Delaney saying that he tried to get YBIG to become a supporters club but not actually outlining the bare fact that supporters clubs were allocated tickets in priority to any other supporters
    · John Delaney saying he doesn’t get a personal allocation. Plenty on here have got tickets directly off him. Indeed, I did for Andorra - after the tickets were allocated
    · John Delaney not acknowledging the fact that Scotland gave us 5% or what is required by UEFA regulations
    John Delaney saying Trap would be gone after the Faroes away match. Instead, he was allowed oversee another disastrous 11 months
    John Delaney saying that the FAI system of giving preference to Supporters Clubs is used by all the top clubs

Singing IRA songs and pretending it wasnt him can be added to that list

Even the BBC are reporting it now. The prick might finally be gone.

Why bother get rid when you’ll get the next in line from the FAI on the exact same money with the exact same cronies.

Look you don’t have to respect my opinion but I’m not going to respect yours unless you have a plan for Irish football.

What we should be discussing is how to improve Irish football. Is there anyone with ideas of how to do that? Or is the plan to just sack Delaney and then we automatically have a bright shining future.

With that kind of 'logic', I'm not really concerned if you respect my option, as youve zero credibility with that kind of nonsense post. Accepting utter incompetence at best, corruption at worst, is beyond contemptible. I don't need a plan, I'm not the 350k a year CEO.

Andorra – there is no general admission tickets going on sale, don’t travel to Andorra. Lies
    · John Delaney saying he wants to appoint a fans liaison officer after this game to ensure ticket gate doesn’t happen again – there already is an FLO in place and other people have been rejected by the FAI to take up this role
    · The Chief Security Officer and Commercial and Marketing Director both promising fans in Georgia they would get tickets whom were subsequently declined
    · John Delaney saying you would need the wisdom of Solomon to distribute tickets despite YBIG offering a transparent scheme
    · John Delaney saying that he tried to get YBIG to become a supporters club but not actually outlining the bare fact that supporters clubs were allocated tickets in priority to any other supporters
    · John Delaney saying he doesn’t get a personal allocation. Plenty on here have got tickets directly off him. Indeed, I did for Andorra - after the tickets were allocated
    · John Delaney not acknowledging the fact that Scotland gave us 5% or what is required by UEFA regulations
    John Delaney saying Trap would be gone after the Faroes away match. Instead, he was allowed oversee another disastrous 11 months
    John Delaney saying that the FAI system of giving preference to Supporters Clubs is used by all the top clubs

Fair enough, some of the reason above are fairly small fry.

Here is some other things happening in the world of football with FAs now and over the past few years.-

Bosnia are without a kit deal going into this round of matches.

Serbia sacked their manager ahead of the World Cup after winning their group and replaced him with Mladen Krstajić for whom it was the first job in management.

The Spanish FA sacked their manager Lopetaigui the day before the World Cup and slumped in the tournament.

The German FA have been accused of racism by Ozil.

The English FA have had to sack managers and coaching staff over comments in press stings, racism and an unspecified issue regarding harassment of female players.

Let’s sit back and enjoy the Wikipedia page of the Italian FA president Carlo Tavecchio from 2014-18

On 7 October 2014, Tavecchio was banned by UEFA for racist remarks for six months:

"England identifies the subjects that come in, if they have the professionalism to get them to play, but we say that Opti Poba[a] came here, that before he ate bananas, now plays holder in Lazio and that's okay. In England he must demonstrate its curriculum and its pedigree ...."[8]

He was not allowed to hold any position in UEFA, and was barred from the UEFA Congress of March 2015.[9]

On 1 November 2015, an audio tape of Tavecchio became public, in which he disparages Jews and gays.[10]

Tavecchio has been tried and convicted five times since 1970.

In 1970, he was sentenced to four months for forgery of credit title
    In 1994, he was sentenced to twenty eight months two days for tax evasion and value-added tax
    In 1996, he was sentenced to three months for failure to pay social security deductions and insurance
    In 1998, he was sentenced to three months for omission or falsification of reports
    In 1998, he was sentenced to three months for abuse of office for violation of anti-pollution regulations[11][12]

Now to Greece-

Greek Football Federation members Theodoros Kouridis, and Georgios Sarris are suspected of directing a criminal organization since 2011. The goal behind their scheme was to "absolutely control Greek football's fate by the methods of blackmailing and fraud",[2][3][4][5][6][7] exploiting the self-governing ("autonomy") status of national football federations promoted by FIFA and UEFA. Referees, judges, football directors and chairmen are also involved in the scandal.

So we have issues with our CEO and other countries’ have theirs as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Here is some other things happening in the world of football with FAs now and over the past few years.-

Serbia sacked their manager ahead of the World Cup after winning their group and replaced him with Mladen Krstajić for whom it was the first job in management.

The Spanish FA sacked their manager Lopetaigui the day before the World Cup and slumped in the tournament.

The English FA have had to sack managers and coaching staff over comments in press stings, racism and an unspecified issue regarding harassment of female players.

Let’s sit back and enjoy the Wikipedia page of the Italian FA president Carlo Tavecchio from 2014-18

On 7 October 2014, Tavecchio was banned by UEFA for racist remarks for six months:

"England identifies the subjects that come in, if they have the professionalism to get them to play, but we say that Opti Poba[a] came here, that before he ate bananas, now plays holder in Lazio and that's okay. In England he must demonstrate its curriculum and its pedigree ...."[8]

He was not allowed to hold any position in UEFA, and was barred from the UEFA Congress of March 2015.[9]

On 1 November 2015, an audio tape of Tavecchio became public, in which he disparages Jews and gays.[10]

In 1994, he was sentenced to twenty eight months two days for tax evasion and value-added tax
    In 1996, he was sentenced to three months for failure to pay social security deductions and insurance
    In 1998, he was sentenced to three months for omission or falsification of reports
    In 1998, he was sentenced to three months for abuse of office for violation of anti-pollution regulations[11][12]

Now to Greece-

Greek Football Federation members Theodoros Kouridis, and Georgios Sarris are suspected of directing a criminal organization since 2011. The goal behind their scheme was to "absolutely control Greek football's fate by the methods of blackmailing and fraud",[2][3][4][5][6][7] exploiting the self-governing ("autonomy") status of national football federations promoted by FIFA and UEFA. Referees, judges, football directors and chairmen are also involved in the scandal.

Christ, yet again the logic and attempted distraction tactics being displayed by yourself and your colleague on here are PR tactics 101.
    Look over there, things have always been "bad" here. What difference will change make?

It's disgusting.

• Advertisement

Ok, all that’s worth listening to here in my opinion is ideas on how to improve Irish football. That’s where we can find interesting things to discuss.

Obviously the topic is called John Delaney so it’s not like you shouldn’t discuss him but as I say all I find interesting now is ideas around the game here. I think that’s fair enough.

Ideas on how to improve Irish Football?

1. Get rid of JD and the board of the FAI.
    Starting point.

If you want to talk about the list of Delaney disasters and you aren’t going to mention Noel King then you’re really not trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'll put good money on Dots being involved with a local club Delaney gave a few grand to at some point in the past.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'll put good money on Dots being involved with a local club Delaney gave a few grand to at some point in the past.

Your moneys gone, I’m a GAA man. Got me in school aged 6 or 7. Love the Irish soccer team growing up though, don’t even really support an English club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The FAI should be scrapped and replaced with a fit for purpose organisation.

Now to Greece-

Some are small fry. What about the ones that are not, just ignore them? Them things are only the tip of the iceberg, I could go on all night listing reasons he should go. LOI fans could write you a book

Ah well other countries have issues so it’s ok for ua, ffs!

It’s at a stage where if JD murdered someone, you would say it’s alright other people have murdered people before

• Advertisement

Your moneys gone, I’m a GAA man. Got me in school aged 6 or 7. Love the Irish soccer team growing up though, don’t even really support an English club.

Good for you.

It does however make your stance look even more ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Oat23 wrote: »

My money is on a man who has an office in Abbotstown....either the one who worked for local radio before the FAI or is the man who threatened to kick me out of the Aviva for having a flag he didnt like.....the Dons right hand men

Some are small fry. What about the ones that are not, just ignore them? Them things are only the tip of the iceberg, I could go on all night listing reasons he should go. LOI fans could write you a book

It’s at a stage where if JD murdered someone, you would say it’s alright other people have murdered people before

I’ve called him possibly incompetent, almost definitely overpaid, an Alan Partridge figure who relies on cronyism.

But because there’s no evidence he’s corrupt or guilty in financial misconduct I didnt accuse him of this and I don’t believe he is.

I do think honestly that the posters here are the mob and are part of a herd mentality. They have no ideas or understanding of the most important thing - HOW TO MAKE IRISH FOOTBALL BETTER..they want Delaney out but have no ideas beyond that. Just my opinion.

I’ve called him possibly incompetent, almost definitely overpaid, an Alan Partridge figure who relies on cronyism.

But because there’s no evidence he’s corrupt or guilty in financial misconduct I didnt accuse him of this and I don’t believe he is.

I do think honestly that the posters here are the mob and are part of a herd mentality. They have no ideas or understanding of the most important thing - HOW TO MAKE IRISH FOOTBALL BETTER..they want Delaney out but have no ideas beyond that. Just my opinion.

Your opinion is different to 99% of Irish football fans I know (not clowns who call each other Mancs and Scousers down the pub during a EPL game)

Your opinion is different to 99% of Irish football fans I know (not clowns who call each other Mancs and Scousers down the pub during a EPL game)

That’s fair enough. Agreeing with the mob would not be something I’d place any store in. Maybe I’m dead wrong. It’s a honest opinion. I’d have the height of respect for Daniel Mcdonnell who has written many’s an article attacking Delaney.

I have no connection with the FAI. I saw Delaney in a car park in the AUL once. Since I’m not actually saying he should keep his job it’s a head scratcher to hear these conspiracy theories.

I’d like to hear plans to make Irish football better. That what people here should aim at and within that plan one of the action points is to get rid of Delaney. Unfortunately there is no such plan being debated here.

• Advertisement

Speak for yourself......I have fair idea of how it should be run after himself and his merry men leave.

1. FAI and LOI should be 100% seperate

2. FAI comittee members should be voted into their position and should have to face a vote every 4 years. Naturally....at first they should sit for longer periods to ensure there is at least 1 change per year to keep things fresh. 1 Member of the LOI should be on the comittee at all times.

3. The LOI clubs should run the LOI themselves....1 member of the FAI comittee should sit on the LOI board.

4. Every year 3 new fans (members of official fan clubs/YBIG forum) are appointed to visit board meetings and act as liason with the FAI.

5. Notary Public should oversee and chair important meetings as well as keep an eye on contracts etc. Should also act as a neutral person in the case of complaint from internal or external sources.

6. Day to day running of the FAI should be handed over to professionals sought from the open market...people who have experience within the event/sports industry. Approval should come from comittee and LOI chairmen

Add that people should be professionals in their own right and not only from the football world. Nothing wrong with taking in an outsider to lead press department, financial deaprtment...marketing.

The FAI should appoint the auditor to the LOI and the LOI should appoint the auditor to the FAI....can never be the same person or company and shouldnt have links to either. Full reports to be released annually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I dunno, in my opinion a lot of JD's problems are probably from substance abuse.

Seven Worlds will Collide

I amn't accusing him of being corrupt or guilty of any crime.
    I am however saying that based on the facts as they have been presented, the timeline of events and the persons involved, the general public has a right to know what has been going on inside this organisation for the past number of years.
    The only way to determine this is for an independent investigation by a body that has the teeth to do this. As far as I can see the office of corporate enforcement are the best positioned.

This has not really got anything to do with the state of Soccer in the country. It's got to do with one/two incidents (the loan and the attempted cover up)
    And serious questions have to be asked here.

Seperately, if you want to hit the state of soccer in the country you need to ask yourself:
    Why, in any organisation, should one person retain power for so long, while at the same time earning three times more money than the winners of the national league receive?
    This surely is completely wrong on many levels, when you say yourself, the state of soccer is not good in the country.

One doesn't have to come forward with all the answers as to how to improve soccer in this country (I'd suggest if one did one could easily put in for the CEO of the FAI's job, as ultimately that is their responsibility but if they haven't been able to discharge that responsibility with all of the resources at their disposal, it's time to give someone else a chance.

That’s fair enough. Agreeing with the mob would not be something I’d place any store in. Maybe I’m dead wrong. It’s a honest opinion. I’d have the height of respect for Daniel Mcdonnell who has written many’s an article attacking Delaney.

I have no connection with the FAI. I saw Delaney in a car park in the AUL once. Since I’m not actually saying he should keep his job it’s a head scratcher to hear these conspiracy theories.

I’d like to hear plans to make Irish football better. That what people here should aim at and within that plan one of the action points is to get rid of Delaney. Unfortunately there is no such plan being debated here.
    I still cannot fathom how you continue to negate the seriousness of recent events.

This is not the forum for debating on how to make Irish soccer better.

You're not saying he should keep his job, so you're saying he should lose it? Glad we've settled that, welcome to the 'mob'.

As Dots said, he’s not the only CEO around Europe at it so it’s ok

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Whats this rubbish about the FAI have replied to sport ireland abt delaney -delaney is the FAI

This guy should of been thrown out years ago

Zico ! wrote: »
    Whats this rubbish about the FAI have replied to sport ireland abt delaney -delaney is the FAI

This guy should of been thrown out years ago

More interesting is the rumour on social media that the FAI has invited the Oireachtas committee to a drinks reception, under17 euro draw and then a dinner afterwards.....a week before his hearing.

Noel Rocks claiming it is not normal procedure nor appropriate....:D:D

More interesting is the rumour on social media that the FAI has invited the Oireachtas committee to a drinks reception, under17 euro draw and then a dinner afterwards.....a week before his hearing.

Noel Rocks claiming it is not normal procedure nor appropriate....:D:D

That's more than a social media rumour.

It was on the RTE Radio 1 drive time show around 5.40 this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

mikeym wrote: »
    The FAI should be scrapped and replaced with a fit for purpose organisation.

Not the worst shout at all, clear the decks, might cost a few quid in pay offs and restructuring but surely for the good of the game. Unfortunately the government or any agency don’t have a say. The FAI is like a plc and their decisions are their own. The legality of separating that organization from our sport would be tricky ?

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    Not the worst shout at all, clear the decks, might cost a few quid in pay offs and restructuring but surely for the good of the game. Unfortunately the government or any agency don’t have a say. The FAI is like a plc and their decisions are their own. The legality of separating that organization from our sport would be tricky ?

In all seriousness, that has absolutely zero chance of happening. What kind of dreamers exist on this forum.

The “FAI are not fit for purpose” someone said. There purpose is to support and organize all levels of the association football in Ireland or as they put it in a longer way..

The function of the FAI is to promote, encourage and develop all of these activities. The Association is very involved in the training and education of players, coaches and officials and the FAI attempts to improve soccer facilities and other services for the benefit of all those involved in soccer in Ireland.

The FAI has primary responsibility for all regulatory aspects of the game of soccer in the Irish republic. The activities of the FAI include:

Promotion of soccer at all age levels and with people of all backgrounds and abilities. The aim is to make soccer as accessible as possible to the highest number of people possible.
    bullet point marker
    To regulate soccer both on and off the football pitch under the auspices of the Laws of the Game and the Rule of the Football Association of Ireland
    bullet point marker
    Sanction all competitive football matches staged in the Republic of Ireland either directly or through affiliated soccer leagues and football organisations
    bullet point marker
    To oversee appropriate application of the Association's disciplinary code and system including the administration of refereeing within soccer in Ireland.
    bullet point marker
    To organise a wide range of national soccer competitions in addition to Republic of Ireland International matches at all levels, including friendly football.

Does anyone want to explain to me how the FAI are not fit for purpose?

In all seriousness, that has absolutely zero chance of happening. What kind of dreamers exist on this forum.

The “FAI are not fit for purpose” someone said. There purpose is to support and organize all levels of the association football in Ireland or as they put it in a longer way..

The function of the FAI is to promote, encourage and develop all of these activities. The Association is very involved in the training and education of players, coaches and officials and the FAI attempts to improve soccer facilities and other services for the benefit of all those involved in soccer in Ireland.

The FAI has primary responsibility for all regulatory aspects of the game of soccer in the Irish republic. The activities of the FAI include:

Promotion of soccer at all age levels and with people of all backgrounds and abilities. The aim is to make soccer as accessible as possible to the highest number of people possible.
    bullet point marker
    To regulate soccer both on and off the football pitch under the auspices of the Laws of the Game and the Rule of the Football Association of Ireland
    bullet point marker
    Sanction all competitive football matches staged in the Republic of Ireland either directly or through affiliated soccer leagues and football organisations
    bullet point marker
    To oversee appropriate application of the Association's disciplinary code and system including the administration of refereeing within soccer in Ireland.
    bullet point marker
    To organise a wide range of national soccer competitions in addition to Republic of Ireland International matches at all levels, including friendly football.

Gaa man my arse. Can you get us a seat at that dinner (at the fai) with the TD's?

Well it only took 4 minutes for someone to prove your point
    givyjoe wrote: »
    Oh well youve sold me.. let the joker stay so.

Strumms wrote: »

bullet point marker
    bullet point marker
    bullet point marker
    bullet point marker

Without even coming up with 1 way they are failing on each of them, THey are FAILING at promoting the Highest level of football in the country (The Leage of Ireland) once described as the problem child of the organization.

That’s just one

No point debating with you anyway, your a GAA man who thinks the FAI are doing exactly what they are meant to do

Well it only took 4 minutes for someone to prove your point
    If you think that post proves anyones point, yourself dots John boy would be good company for each other.

Embarrassing stuff from both of you, luckily you're in a tiny minority, so no need for us to despair too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Full financial transparency of the FAI's accounts would be a good step forward for Irish football.

No point debating with you anyway, your a GAA man who thinks the FAI are doing exactly what they are meant to do

No point debating with you as you have incorrectly summarized my position.

You just wanted someone to explain to you how the FAI are not fit for purpose.

That shows you are more than likely a Wum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Now to Greece-

You're limiting his remit to the national team. There is another list as long as your arm for things he has and is doing with the grassroots side in Ireland. We need rid of him, he is a scourge on Irish football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

You are either John Delaney or you are trolling. It's pretty simple. How anyone could defend that slimey *****.

Advertisement