If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hifi

Options
  • 21-11-2018 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi I'm considering upgrading my all in one system that I have a few years now. Looking for advice please, I was considering the marantz MCR 611 or a marantz separate s system but I'm not sure really. Is there a major difference in sound quality, probably a stupid question I know. Are the entry level Yamaha separates good value ? Lastly speakers
    Audition Dali sensor 3 with marantz separats and wasn't totally gone on them. They want enough presence I felt. Sorry but I hope I'm making some sense. I just really want to feel good presence in my room which is about 5 by 3 meters.
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

gerry1h wrote: »
    Hi I'm considering upgrading my all in one system that I have a few years now.  Looking for advice please,  I was considering the marantz MCR 611 or a marantz separate s system but I'm not sure really.  Is there a major difference in sound quality, probably a stupid question I know.  Are the entry level Yamaha separates good value ?  Lastly speakers
    Audition Dali sensor 3 with marantz separats and wasn't totally gone on them.  They want enough presence I felt. Sorry but I hope I'm making some sense.  I just really want to feel good presence in my room which is about 5 by 3 meters.
    Thanks
    Hi gerry1h,

The MCR611 is a fantastic system which is great for convenience as everything is built in. You would definitely get a better sound out of a separates system however you would need to add every component separately which can drive the cost up a bit.

If you're looking for a lot of presence with speakers I would go for either a set of floorstanders or a good set of bookshelves. We are selling the new Fyne Audio F302 at £399. These were very highly reviewed in What HiFi and they do sound incredible. The floorstander style will fill out the room a bit more:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203314-fyne-audio-f302-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

The other speakers I would recommend would be the Monitor Audio Silver 50s at £499. These are extremely punchy speakers and they have exceptional clarity. They're one on the best bookshelf speakers I've heard in the store:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202734-monitor-audio-silver-50-black-black-oak-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gerry1h

Hi gerry1h,

The MCR611 is a fantastic system which is great for convenience as everything is built in. You would definitely get a better sound out of a separates system however you would need to add every component separately which can drive the cost up a bit.

If you're looking for a lot of presence with speakers I would go for either a set of floorstanders or a good set of bookshelves. We are selling the new Fyne Audio F302 at £399. These were very highly reviewed in What HiFi and they do sound incredible. The floorstander style will fill out the room a bit more:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203314-fyne-audio-f302-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

The other speakers I would recommend would be the Monitor Audio Silver 50s at £499. These are extremely punchy speakers and they have exceptional clarity. They're one on the best bookshelf speakers I've heard in the store:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202734-monitor-audio-silver-50-black-black-oak-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Kind regards

David

Thanks David
    For your time, I'd really like to get floorstanders but my problem is that I've really only room for one with my room layout. If I was to go with marantz mcr611, would the warfdales diamonds 220 do a good job. I can appreciate the would not have the same presence of floorstanders speakers. Also what would the minimum cable I should get.
    Thanks

Hi gerry1h,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David
    For your time, I'd really like to get floorstanders but my problem is that I've really only room for one with my room layout.  If I was to go with marantz mcr611, would the warfdales diamonds 220 do a good job.  I can appreciate the would not have the same presence of floorstanders speakers.  Also what would the minimum cable I should get.
    Thanks
    Hi gerry1h,

The Wharfedales would be good but I would recommend the Monitor Audio Bronze 2s as a better alternative at £249. These would fill out the room a lot more.

Kind regards

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Gerry,

the Marantz MCR611 / Wharfedale Diamond 220 is an excellent combo and at the moment it is really great value - if you wanted a deal on a cable bundle we have put together a system matching bundle for stereo systems with 6 metres of Cambridge Symphony 200 and 4 sets of Cambridge Premium Banana plugs at less than 1/2 retail ( and it was well priced even at full retail!) - check it out here:

€ 36.99:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13514-stereo-cable-bundle-cambridge-symphony-200-6-mtrs-cambridge-audio-4-mm-premium-banana-plugs-4-pairs-stereo-cable-plugs-bundle-less-than-1-2-price.aspx

£ 29.49:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13514-stereo-cable-bundle-cambridge-symphony-200-6-mtrs-cambridge-audio-4-mm-premium-banana-plugs-4-pairs-stereo-cable-plugs-bundle-less-than-1-2-price.aspx?swapstore=1

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Gerry,

the Marantz MCR611 / Wharfedale Diamond 220 is an excellent combo and at the moment it is really great value - if you wanted a deal on a cable bundle we have put together a system matching bundle for stereo systems with 6 metres of Cambridge Symphony 200 and 4 sets of Cambridge Premium Banana plugs at less than 1/2 retail ( and it was well priced even at full retail!) - check it out here:

€ 36.99:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13514-stereo-cable-bundle-cambridge-symphony-200-6-mtrs-cambridge-audio-4-mm-premium-banana-plugs-4-pairs-stereo-cable-plugs-bundle-less-than-1-2-price.aspx

£ 29.49:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13514-stereo-cable-bundle-cambridge-symphony-200-6-mtrs-cambridge-audio-4-mm-premium-banana-plugs-4-pairs-stereo-cable-plugs-bundle-less-than-1-2-price.aspx?swapstore=1

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks David for all your help,
    I feel my best option is to see if I can work in floorstanders or choose the right standmounts. And TBH I'll probably be better off traveling up to your shop which might help me with my decision making. Also I was planning on buying a turntable which a price of around 150 to 200 euro. If I bought one first to connect up to my old system that as Aux in and no phono, I presume I'd need a pre amp turntable. Would this work on the MCR 611 down the road. Any recommendations for a turntable would be appreciated.
    I was thinking of this
    Audio Technica LP3 but my fear is it looks tricky to set up based on a video I seen.
    Sorry for all the silly questions but I'm an older newbie.
    Thank you

• Advertisement

Hi Gerry,

€ 36.99:

£ 29.49:

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks David for all your help,
    I feel my best option is to see if I can work in floorstanders or choose the right standmounts. And TBH I'll probably be better off  traveling up to your shop which might help me with my decision making.  Also I was planning on buying a turntable which a price of around 150 to 200 euro.  If I bought one first to connect up to my old system that as Aux in and no phono, I presume I'd need a pre amp turntable.  Would this work on the MCR 611 down the road.  Any recommendations for a turntable would be appreciated.
    I was thinking of this
    Audio Technica LP3 but my fear is it looks tricky to set up based on a video I seen.
    Sorry for all the silly questions but I'm an older newbie.
    Thank you
    Hi Gerry.

No worries.

As long as you purchase a turntable with built in phono stage it will work with the MCR611 with no issues.

We have lots of different floorstanders on display and ready for demo should you pop up to see us :)

The LP3 is a great turntable and we have not had any one mentioned it has been difficult to set up so far.

Look forward to having you visit us!

Hi again sorry for All the questions but I’m still trying to figure what suits my needs most. I’ve started to think about separates more, but I would.ike to consider the Marantz setup but I think it has a few drawback. I.e no Bluetooth or dab/fm. Am I correct in saying that ( pm6006 and cd 6006 ) would the Yamaha be a good choice RN602 and what speakers would be good. Standmounts i.e Dali sensor 3 or monitor Audio bronze 2. Or similar around that budget.
    Thanks

Hi again sorry for All the questions but I’m still trying to figure what suits my needs most.  I’ve started to think about separates more, but I would.ike to consider the Marantz setup but I think it has a few drawback. I.e no Bluetooth or dab/fm. Am I correct in saying that ( pm6006 and cd 6006 ) would the Yamaha be a good choice RN602 and what speakers would be good. Standmounts i.e Dali sensor 3 or monitor Audio bronze 2. Or similar around that budget.
    Thanks
    Hi gerry1h,

The Yamaha would give more inputs for streaming than the Marantz system (you would need to add a streamer to that set up) however I am currently completely out of stock of these at the moment.

The Marantz set up does sound amazing though. You could go for the Yamaha RN303D at £249 which has Bluetooth and Wireless streaming and is still quite powerful at 100w per channel. You would just need to add a CD player to this.

For speakers I would recommend the Monitor Audio Bronze 2s. They won the What HiFi award for best speakers between £250-£300 and not much around them touches them for sound quality.

Kind regards

David

Hi gerry1h,

The Yamaha would give more inputs for streaming than the Marantz system (you would need to add a streamer to that set up) however I am currently completely out of stock of these at the moment.

The Marantz set up does sound amazing though. You could go for the Yamaha RN303D at £249 which has Bluetooth and Wireless streaming and is still quite powerful at 100w per channel. You would just need to add a CD player to this.

For speakers I would recommend the Monitor Audio Bronze 2s. They won the What HiFi award for best speakers between £250-£300 and not much around them touches them for sound quality.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David what streamer would you recommend,valsovwhen will the marantz separate s be back in stock ? As for the Yamaha rn303d would a pre amp turntable be surfice. I'm just a little concerned on Volume without a phono connection.

Hi gerry1h,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David what streamer would you recommend,valsovwhen will the marantz separate s be back in stock ? As for the Yamaha rn303d would a pre amp turntable be surfice. I'm just a little concerned on Volume without a phono connection.
    Hi gerry1h.

You would need either a pre amp or a turntable with a built in phono stage for the RN303D.

For a streamer I would recommend something like the Onkyo NS6130 at £249 however it doesn;t have Bluetooth. You could always use a Bluetooth receiver though to add into the system.

I do have both the Marantz PM and CD6006SE in stock, I'm currently out of stock of the Yamaha RN602 at the moment.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi gerry1h.

You would need either a pre amp or a turntable with a built in phono stage for the RN303D.

For a streamer I would recommend something like the Onkyo NS6130 at £249 however it doesn;t have Bluetooth. You could always use a Bluetooth receiver though to add into the system.

I do have both the Marantz PM and CD6006SE in stock, I'm currently out of stock of the Yamaha RN602 at the moment.

Kind regards

David

Ok thank you
    When is the RN602 due in stock again ? Could you recommend a device to make the marantz separate s bluetooth.

Hi gerry1h.

Kind regards

David

Ok thank you
    When is the RN602 due in stock again ? Could you recommend a device to make the marantz separate s bluetooth.
    Hi Gerry1h.

The RN602 in Black has just landed in our main warehouse this morning and available for delivery.

To make the Marantz bits blue tooth there is the Optoma Nuforce BTR100 priced at £69.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202230-optoma-nuforce-btr100-black-bluetooth-receiver.aspx?swapstore=1

Ok thank you

Sorry David
    not sure if you got this

Ok thank you

Hi gerry1h.

Kind regards

David

Ok thank you
    Hi Gerry1h.

The RN602 in Black has just landed in our main warehouse this morning and available for delivery.

To make the Marantz bits blue tooth there is the Optoma Nuforce BTR100 priced at £69.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202230-optoma-nuforce-btr100-black-bluetooth-receiver.aspx?swapstore=1
    Hi Gerry1h.

I already answered that same question for you above on the 13th once the RN602 arrived back into our main warehouse.

Stock is at less than 100 already as they really sell fast.

Oh really sorry about that I didn't see it.
    In your opinion which is best or am I better off listening to the Yamaha myself. I've heard the marantz and it does sound great. Just was thinking of saving a 4ish hour road trip.
    Thanks for your time
    Ger

Oh really sorry about that I didn't see it.
    In your opinion which is best or am I better off listening to the Yamaha myself.  I've heard the marantz and it does sound great.  Just was thinking of saving a 4ish hour road trip.
    Thanks for your time
    Ger
    No problem Gerry1h.

I just didn't want you think we had ignored you.

Both are great units but the RN602 has more features over the Marantx PM6006 UK edition.
    If its the MCR611 you are compairing to the RN602 then the RN602 sound much better in my opinion.

All items mentioned are available for shipping.

If you are wanting to come to the store to listen to a RN602 you would need to let us know in advance to try and get one to the store for this purpose. Our demo room is also closed until the new year unfortunately as it being used to house some of the many many stock televisions we currently hold for the Chritmas / Boxing day rush.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.