Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS gigs, wheelchair access and Ticketmaster. Advice please?

Options
  • 21-11-2018 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Would appreciate some advice here folks. A friend of mine suffers with severe back pain, to the extent that she is effectively disabled. I want to bring her to the Foo Fighters RDS gig next year and am trying to work out what the best option for tickets is. It's an open air show. If I get seats, there's a good chance everyone in front of us will be standing up for the whole gig. blocking her view. She can stand for short periods of time so this wouldn't be the end of the world. However I'm wondering what our options are for getting tickets for the disabled/wheelchair area. She doesn't use a wheelchair but from my (very casual) observations of the wheelchair access areas at gigs there seems to be plenty of seats for those with mobility difficulties who don't use wheelchairs.

Getting tickets for this area is my principal concern. This can't be done online apparently, I have to ring Ticketmaster with all the fun that entails. Does anyone have experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ring up Ticketmaster and select option 2 for accessibility options,they will be able to advise you of your options.
    Usually at events they have a raised platform on the pitch for people with physical disabilities or injuries,you don't need to be in a wheelchair to buy these tickets .
    Ticketmaster will advise you best,I'd ring this afternoon and try and book in the fan presale ,use the fanclub code FFEURO2019 if they ask you.
    Ringing tomorrow will be a lottery .

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

Nice one, thanks.

Advertisement