Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspaper Deliveries

• 21-11-2018 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

I have decided to deliver newspapers with Iconic Newspapers to get some pocket money while I'm writing up my thesis.

Have anyone delivered newspapers door to door around the city and suburbs?

How long would it normally take you to deliver close to 400 newspapers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

YFlyer wrote: »
    I have decided to deliver newspapers with Iconic Newspapers to get some pocket money while I'm writing up my thesis.

Have anyone delivered newspapers door to door around the city and suburbs?

How long would it normally take you to deliver close to 400 newspapers?

Is there an easier way to make money? Lugging paper is heavy and cumbersome and you have to call to every door in whatever estate/street your given to deliver to.

I'd guess between collecting the papers, getting to your distribution point and the actual delivery each paper will take about 2 to 3 mins.

That's in the region of 15-20 hours a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

phog wrote: »
    Is there an easier way to make money? Lugging paper is heavy and cumbersome and you have to call to every door in whatever estate/street your given to deliver to.

I'd guess between collecting the papers, getting to your distribution point and the actual delivery each paper will take about 2 to 3 mins.

That's in the region of 15-20 hours a week.

I don't know what the mass of the Limerick Leader free newspaper is. Weighed a copy of the Limerick Post and it is 240g. 387 papers would come to 93 Kg.

With a density of say 1.5 cc/gm would equal to a volume of 140,000 cubic centimeters or the volume of 140 litres of water.

Been on foot that be an nightmare.

For €29, I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

For €29 you would be better off sitting on your ar$e outside the BOI on O'Connell St with your pet dog and a cardboard sign.
    Should have your €29 within a couple of hours.......especially if your dog is either cute or miserable looking :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

The pro's who do that job usually combine it with other flyer contracts and that bulks out the payment for delivering the same papers. Flyers is a dead way to market compared to internet direct marketing. I would try wrapping up your thesis faster if I could.

Advertisement