Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build, some existing parts

Options
  • 21-11-2018 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭

Hi, starting new thread as my previous ramblings were about what route to take, build or buy. You guys have convinced me to build :)

Using K.O.Kiki's/ Terrorfirmers previous helpful suggestions as a guide, I've put together below list and would appreciate views.

I already have:

I7-7700

250gb M2 ssd with Win10 installed on it (hopefully no reinstall?)

2TB 3.5" hard drive

GTX1080

PLAN TO BUY

be quiet! - SHADOW ROCK LP 51.4 CFM CPU Cooler for £29.

ASRock - Fatal1ty H270 Performance ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (gone to £142 from £78 today on amazon so will have to wait)

BeQuiet PureBase 600 case (for EUR75)

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R for £112

EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply for £78

Missing anything? Better suggestions (I want reasonably quiet/compact case)?

Also, and excuse my ignorance, my broken pc where I got my current parts from had a big black radiator/heatsink??(not sure!) with copper pipes covering the I7-7700 cpu, do I need to use this again in the new pc or is the be Quiet cooler enough?

And do I need extra fans on top of 2 the case comes with?

Appreciate any advice and, if I run into difficulties, whether anyone in Terenure area might be on hand to assist if necessary!

Comments

Advertisement