Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Car Garage

Options
  • 21-11-2018 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone be able to tell me an approx cost for a detached 2 car garage. Full build needed including foundations but nothing fancy, would be happy with plastered outside (same as house) and unfinished inside. Maybe 350 sq ft.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

After planning, assuming good access, maybe 25k

• Registered Users Posts: 38 2019

368100 wrote: »
    Hi,

Would anyone be able to tell me an approx cost for a detached 2 car garage. Full build needed including foundations but nothing fancy, would be happy with plastered outside (same as house) and unfinished inside. Maybe 350 sq ft.

We were quoted 425 a sq meter ex vat for an 8x8m garage 1 roller door, 1 window and door. Rendered with no reveals.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mcmorrowg

2019 wrote: »
    We were quoted 425 a sq meter ex vat for an 8x8m garage 1 roller door, 1 window and door. Rendered with no reveals.

Do you mind be asking how much the rendering is in the quote? Is it basic sand and cement? What part of the country are you based in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

BryanF wrote: »
    After planning, assuming good access, maybe 25k

Perhaps change the car at that price!!
    425x 64 = 27k.

Some of the prices here are crazy.
    Neighbour build one last year, and had change out of 18k. Similar spec.
    Roller door 900 incl install.
    Door and window 400 secondhand. Done deal.
    2k to plaster all.
    10 inch cement foumdation under wall, 4 inch cement floor, single block wall. Slate roof and half attic at rear half.
    Planning was sought with the house build, so it was retention. With no fees applied at build stage. So that's not included above. I'm sure someone else will advise those.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Self-build v builder.. same ‘crazy’ differences all around the forum

Does the Neighbour have any warranty from builder for this garage? Done deal win/door I doubt that.

Apples and oranges

• Advertisement
Advertisement