Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym recommendations just outside the city?

Options
  • 21-11-2018 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hello.

Looking to join a gym. I'd be fairly fit but I'd be a beginner to going to an actual gym but know I just have to bite the bullet. I live just outside Ballincollig but work closer in to the city so I wouldn't mind travelling in to the city a little but obviously as close to home as possible would be great.

I'd just be looking for a place with basic equipment: treadmill, bench, free weights, squat rack, pullup bar, few machines. Nothing too fancy, not interested in classes or crossfit or anything like that. I'd just like to keep fit and put on some size.

I guess the main thing I'd be looking for is something that isn't wall to wall with people especially as a beginner who wouldn't fancy rushing hard to get their workout in and feel under huge pressure to not delay other busy people trying to get their workout in. 4pm-6pm would be the time I'd probably be looking to go Mon-Fri and I realise those are peak hours.

Something cost friendly would be great too but I'd gladly sacrifice a few euro just to have a more calm and beginner friendly environment for a while anyway until I get more competent.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Energized Fitness in the Deanrock industrial estate would be my shout. Great spot and great results allways. Been going there my self a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ciaragrant92

I used to go to the gym at the Oriel House Hotel in Ballincollig, it has all the equipment you've mentioned and I found that between 4-6 the gym was not too crowded no waits for machines really. The pool was jammed with kids doing swimming lessons at that time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I'd recommend the oriel too. I used to have the off-peak membership and it was never busy. I was usually in there about 11/12ish and some days there might be 3-4 others. Can't comment on early morning or late evenings tho.
    I only got a text off them earlier about prices.

**Black Friday** weekend specials at Talbot Fitness.
    Single 7wks €85 was €99, and couple 7wks €169 was €189.
    Call in today to avail of this great discount.

Advertisement