Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get rid of Tears for Fears tickets?

Options
  • 22-11-2018 11:05am

Have 2 tickets for them in Dublin in January. This means 2 days off work, but felt it was worth it.

Now they've just announced a show in Killarney the night before which is just over the road...:(

My wife got missed event insurance, but that seems to be limited to sickness, jury duty etc. (not even sure why she got it, now we've studied it).

If I sell them, must the person going be the person who bought them, or just physically carry the credit card on which they were booked? Or are they freely transferrable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Have 2 tickets for them in Dublin in January. This means 2 days off work, but felt it was worth it.

Now they've just announced a show in Killarney the night before which is just over the road...:(

My wife got missed event insurance, but that seems to be limited to sickness, jury duty etc. (not even sure why she got it, now we've studied it).

If I sell them, must the person going be the person who bought them, or just physically carry the credit card on which they were booked? Or are they freely transferrable?

I don't believe it!!! We're travelling up from Cork for it! I may just scream loudly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Put them on toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You might be able to get a refund. Might be a charge to do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Or are they freely transferrable?

They are freely transferrable.
    Your best bet is to sell them ,Ticketmaster will not refund.

Judes wrote: »
    I don't believe it!!! We're travelling up from Cork for it! I may just scream loudly!

Tell me about it. In putting on an extra show, they've only gone and ruined a concert we were looking forward to...:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Judes wrote: »

shout!

Zardoz wrote: »
    They are freely transferrable.
    Your best bet is to sell them ,Ticketmaster will not refund.

Thanks for the help.

I texted my wife with the news, and schemingbohemia's reference to Tuotless. She just got back to me to say they're e-tickets...do you know if that makes any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Thanks for the help.

I texted my wife with the news, and schemingbohemia's reference to Tuotless. She just got back to me to say they're e-tickets...do you know if that makes any difference?

It can, I'd much rather purchase physical tickets myself, but plenty of e-tickets sold on toutless. Depends on demand, if I had a choice between buying physical and e-tickets I'd take the physical every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Selling E-tickets can be a slow process mainly due to people worried sellers may have photocopied them multiple times to sell.
    Happens a lot when people sell them months in advance of the concert and then when the concert day arrives, the seller can never be contacted and
    buyer can't get in.
    If you have good feedback on Toutless or Adverts, it would be easier.
    Also take payment by Paypal which gives buyer comfort that they will
    get their money back if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You could ask Ticketmaster could you swap them for Killarney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

I bought e-tickets for Robbie Williams, I couldn't go but was able to swap them for physical tickets (to sell on) once I had not downloaded the e-tickets. I would suggest contacting Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Thanks to this thread, I was alerted to the fact that the Killarney show was happening at all, as it seems to be a bit below the radar. I can't go to the 3Arena one, as it clashes with Public Service Broadcasting in the Olympia, so I got a ticket for Killarney this morning. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

I got front row for Killarney ,should be a great gig.
    They seem to have sold hardly any tickets so far though ,I hope it isnt cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I got front row for Killarney ,should be a great gig.
    They seem to have sold hardly any tickets so far though ,I hope it isnt cancelled.

I don't think people are really aware of it yet, despite a couple of band tweets announcing it. As I said, I only discovered it because of this thread. Aiken are doing the 3Arena, but they might not be doing Killarney: it's not listed on their site.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hadn't heard about this myself and I'm from Killarney. I wonder is it that many people who would have gone got tickets for Dublin already.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

When did you buy them? You have three days cooling off period to get a refund from Ticketmaster for most events;

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360006825574-Fan-Guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭mosstin

Thanks for the help.

You texted her????

Did you two divorce over this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Ticketmaster will not refund.

A friend of mine managed it for Radiohead last year.

Effects wrote: »
    A friend of mine managed it for Radiohead last year.

Probably because that event had ID restrictions .
    They normally wont.

mosstin wrote: »
    You texted her????

Did you two divorce over this?

Kerry is a big county!

She rang Ticketmaster and they will give a refund. Guessing Dublin must be selling pretty well, or maybe they have a policy of refunding where there is cancellation insurance.

Thanks for all the help and pointers. It became extra relevant as I'm now heading off to NY with friends for Super Bowl parties on that Thursday...so she might divorce me yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Bin ? :rolleyes: :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement