Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting apartment I'm renting

Options
  • 22-11-2018 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I'm almost in my current apartment 4 years . It's a small basic 1 bed . I have considered moving into a nicer place but I 've since reconsidered and decided to stay. I would like to do up the place . The place is in need of a painting. In fact it could have used a painting on the day I moved in . Just wondering if I have any right to ask the landlord to finance all or some of this . If be fine paying half

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note
    Moved from 3rd level accommodation forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

After 4 years, it wouldn't be unreasonable for the landlord to pay a decorator to come in and do it. Start by asking the landlord to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

you have every right to ask and imo the landlord is likely to be delighted if you are offering to finance half - rather than needing to finance all themselves at some point.

However equally the landlord is not obliged to finance it and if they don't agree it is necessary, or perhaps don't think they need to spend the money to rent the place out, they may just say no.

Advertisement