Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday upgrade

Options
  • 22-11-2018 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys,
    So ive been playing on a rx560 2gb for the past year and i think its time to upgrade.
    I have 450 euro to spend and i wanted to get a 144hz monitor aswell.
    Fortnite and CS are what it will be mostly used for.
    This place has always been great for advice in the past, any help and suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks.

Other specs:
    Cpu: ryzen 1200x
    Ram: 8gb balistix
    Psu: 550w

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

michaelR93 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    So ive been playing on a rx560 2gb for the past year and i think its time to upgrade.
    I have 450 euro to spend and i wanted to get a 144hz monitor aswell.
    Fortnite and CS are what it will be mostly used for.
    This place has always been great for advice in the past, any help and suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks.

Other specs:
    Cpu: ryzen 1200x
    Ram: 8gb balistix
    Psu: 550w

Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 4 GB GDDR5 Samsung Memory/PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0797XLR9Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_d-P9BbE969D16

RX580 for €200 and that leaves you €250 for a monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Get a nice VA panel instead of TN for your 144Hz FreeSync monitor
    https://skinflint.co.uk/?cat=monlcd19wide&xf=11955_VA~11963_144~11992_Adaptive+Sync%2FAMD+FreeSync~14591_19201080&asuch=&bpmin=&bpmax=220&v=e&hloc=uk&filter=update&plz=&dist=&mail=&sort=r&bl1_id=30

Any leftover, spend on the biggest SSD you can afford, or an extra 8Gb RAM if you already have SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 michaelR93

Thanks for the quick responses.I just ordered this
    I'm very excited about the curved display.
    I'm stuck between the choice of this rx580 and a 1060 for 200 euro.
    Would I be stupid to not get the amd card for free sync benefits?

https://eu.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-6262-KR

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

michaelR93 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick responses.I just ordered this
    I'm very excited about the curved display.
    I'm stuck between the choice of this rx580 and a 1060 for 200 euro.
    Would I be stupid to not get the amd card for free sync benefits?

I just bought a EVGA 1060 6GB about 6 weeks ago and barely used it but I saw the 1070 posted in Bargain Alerts and seriously tempted to buy that :pac:

Why did I buy a PC. It's more expensive than drugs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I just bought a EVGA 1060 6GB about 6 weeks ago and barely used it but I saw the 1070 posted in Bargain Alerts and seriously tempted to buy that pacman.gif

Why did I buy a PC. It's more expensive than drugs frown.png

Once you get your system set up the first time and you if haven't gone super low end on every single component, it becomes much cheaper the next upgrade cycle as its mostly just a GPU that needs to be replaced to keep up with the latest and greatest in high-end gaming performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Also FYI both Ryzen 1600 & 2600 are on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 michaelR93

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Also FYI both Ryzen 1600 & 2600 are on sale.

I saw that after I finished my order, I think I will have to wait until January for a cpu upgrade unfortunately.

I ended up getting the Rx580 and the Aoc curved monitor.
    I've found mixed reviews about the monitor but I think it meets all my needs and doesn't look too bad either.

Advertisement