Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commutable area for Dublin City & Celbridge

Options
  • 22-11-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

I'm working in Smithfield and my wife is in Celbridge. I dont know Dublin massively well outside of living in Dundrum and along the luas line. Wondering where would be a good spot for commuting to both locations. My wife drives to Celbridge and has free parking. I currently take the Luas and ideally will need to stick with public transport as iv no free parking available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

Somewhere around Kilmainaham would be good.
    Easy access to the N4 and the red luas line

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I think ye could live around either destination and means only one of you have to commute

otherwise you are talking about living inbetween

kilmainham suggested and likewise Palmerstown, City West, chapilizod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Thanks for the advice. The only one commuting idea makes sense actually. Plus living Celbridge side be a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

nastros wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. The only one commuting idea makes sense actually. Plus living Celbridge side be a bit cheaper.

There is bus only commuting from Celbridge which will be hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

There is bus only commuting from Celbridge which will be hell.

Is the train not an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

nastros wrote: »
    Is the train not an option.
    The nearest train is from Hazelhatch, a couple of kilometers south of Celbridge.
    If you're reliant on public transport, there is a shuttle from Celbridge, but it will limit which trains you can get.You can see them in blue on the timetable here
    http://www.irishrail.ie/media/16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf

If you can drive, parking will cost you €30 per month, but I don't know how early it fills up.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

wench wrote: »
    The nearest train is from Hazelhatch, a couple of kilometers south of Celbridge.
    If you're reliant on public transport, there is a shuttle from Celbridge, but it will limit which trains you can get.You can see them in blue on the timetable here
    http://www.irishrail.ie/media/16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf

If you can drive, parking will cost you €30 per month, but I don't know how early it fills up.
    It is only a 6 or 7 min cycle from any of the estates on the Hazelhatch side

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There will be a scheduled bus service from Celbridge serving Hazelhatch under BusConnects and I suspect it may end up being tendered and starting earlier as it isn't a replacement for anything and connects to two train stations, only fleetingly to BusConnects spines.

Advertisement